Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 1, 2021 9:52 AM

Oct 2020
Hello Community,
I dont know if something like this was already suggested but its something that always felt is missing on this site for me.

So what I mean is, every Season of an anime has its own entry and you can score them individually, and i think its right like this because you can see the difference in quality of each season.

BUT wouldnt it be great to have additionaly to every Season, one entry for an Anime as the whole Anime? What do you think about that?

Especially Animes like bnha, snk, food wars, Gintama, etc etc etc
I mean its all one ongoing Story and i dont get the why we have to pretend every Season is an other Series just because its published in another Season, while 900+ epsiodes of one piece is seein as one thing and other examples aswell.

I think you get the point of what im trying to say.
I dont want to change anything about how it is, but it would be cool to add the option of scoring an complete Anime, so it would be more accurate especially when you look at the members of one show.

So we would still have a ranking including everything and maybe one "Complete Anime' were Seasons are excluded.

Like I said I dont know if someone already thaught about Something like this, i would be surprised if not tbh, but i would like to hear your opnions on this topic :)
Apr 1, 2021 4:09 PM

Dec 2019
This has been suggested a lot of times, and every time it was ignored like any other suggestion.

Just install and use this
https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/407727-find-the-correct-watch-order-and-all-related-entries-live-actions-doramas-copy-entry-title
Click here to see My Tampermonkey Scripts For MAL

If you like my work, please consider supporting it!
https://www.patreon.com/hacker09

Apr 1, 2021 5:38 PM

Nov 2018
If you do want to combine seasons or continuations of stories, then you’d be in full agreement to combine the likes of OG Dragon Ball with DBZ, right? Since DBZ is pretty much where the anime picked up from where the original series left off in the manga. Or to combine Naruto and Shippuuden, or all the JoJo entries into one entry?

It’s best you actually read up on the guidelines to see why there are multiple entries before making stupid requests.

Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
Check out my list of emojis you can copy and paste in the forums here. List will expand in the future.
Apr 2, 2021 12:47 AM

Oct 2020
First of all thank you for calling my request stupid ^^
I havent watched dragon ball and naruto so i dont know how it will work on them. Jojo is special because the Manga is deivided in parts aswell.
And i dont know if you get that I dont want to change multiple entires into one but ad one entry that includes all seasons.
Maybe wont work with your examples but with a lot of other, just look at the Manga list here.
Apr 2, 2021 10:27 AM

Oct 2020
KaiserHamuel said:
Dennisss said:
First of all thank you for calling my request stupid ^^
I havent watched dragon ball and naruto so i dont know how it will work on them. Jojo is special because the Manga is deivided in parts aswell.
And i dont know if you get that I dont want to change multiple entires into one but ad one entry that includes all seasons.
Maybe wont work with your examples but with a lot of other, just look at the Manga list here.

I think a change to scoring system to something more like anilist is a more pressing matter.
However what you are suggesting I think would be to much of a case by case scenario. Possibly they could do some kind of folder system within lists as an optional feature. However I personally prefer having individual seasons because as you pointed out there can be varying different degrees in quality between seasons of a show.
Out of curiosity where would OVAs, specials and films fall into this if they are part of the same chronological story?

Yea I know its not something thats important to change, i just wanted to share my thoughts about it, because i have seen it on other no-anime sites.

Tbh i havent thought it out well and dont know how to deal with OVAs and Films etc, thats a good Question

What I have seen is for example:
> Attack on Titan
>> Aot S1
>> Aot S2
>> Aot S3P1
>> Aot S3P4
>> Aot FSP1
>> Movies etc

So still every Season is listed but one overall entry aswell?
Apr 2, 2021 10:49 AM

Dec 2019
It seems that you haven't installed and tested this...
https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/407727-find-the-correct-watch-order-and-all-related-entries-live-actions-doramas-copy-entry-title

That answers all your questions and does what you want...

Apr 3, 2021 2:18 AM

Oct 2020
KaiserHamuel said:

Ye I suppose that would work but it would have to be optional.
Also how would this system coincide with rating?

Yes optional, like i said i dont want to see a change in the whole system.

I would say you can score the Anime like every Season aswell (or maybe it could be calculatet by your Season scores but i dont like this idea). In the "TopList" we could still have "All Anime" where everything is included and ad options like "Top Seasons" where the Combination is excluded and "Top Anime" where Seasons would be excluded.

But tbh i know that this whole idea is more work than it could be worth and i dont know if it will work since everybody is already familiar with the actual system 😅
Apr 3, 2021 5:55 AM

Dec 2019
@Dennisss

You can auto score and auto add all entries of any anime franchise if you use this

https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/408439-better-buttons-to-change-the-status-of-animes-mangas-and-to-add-scores

Mar 27, 10:33 AM
Jun 2022
This is exactly what I want, I searched a lot for such an option but couldn't find it. At least I'm not the only one who's requesting it. If you found a solution tell me
Mar 27, 7:43 PM

Nov 2019
I want this too. This would make our list more accurate
Mar 28, 2:42 PM

Mar 2019
I would just like an option for the Top Anime list to be condensed into only having one representative per franchise.
Mar 29, 4:13 AM

Mar 2023
Yes i would like that to happened. But that means that a lot of entries have to be deleted and that would be a lot work for the mods and people list and favorites would be smaller.
Mar 29, 4:37 AM

Aug 2017
It will also likely mess up notes and comments written for specific seasons but not others so nah, don't do it. Just focus on expanding the database.
Mar 29, 5:32 AM

Oct 2014
I think it would cause too many problems. A lot of shows do differ in quality over time. Having a surprise anime re-enter your watching list after you thought it ended 5 years ago wold be annoying, especially if your taste has changed since you watched it and now you're just forced to drop it. There's also a lot of shows with weak ties between entries. A lot of people probably wouldn't want to watch the male spinoffs of Idolmaster or Bang Dream, but they might feel like they have to if they're all lumped into the same entry. It would also be harder to warn people about bad parts of a show, like with Soul Eater NOT or Psycho Pass 2, or show how much better a show gets like with Uma Musume S2 or Aria the Origination. We'd lose a lot of information if we just threw everything together.

Just something quick and dirty like how MALGraph will show you your mean scores for franchises could be sometimes useful if that was brought over to MAL proper. Being able to see the mean score of a whole franchise, being able to easily see what anime are in a franchise, their relations, and the release order, and having your list more compact if it's organized into franchises would all be nice. Treating every entry in a franchise as all one big anime is the wrong way to do it, though.
Apr 5, 5:58 AM
Mar 2023
I also feel the same bro. However, there is an option of "tags" through which you can combine anime. But it would be great if they can make something explicit.
6 hours ago
Jun 2022
Yess, exactly what i want, well even if it is not completely possible they should atleast give us a option which can group the entries, atleast for our sake of satisfaction. Nothing changes only in our lists it'll (for example attack on titan) only show attack on titan with s1 thumbnail and when we click > this icon it'll open up all the entries
6 hours ago
Jun 2022
Reply to _cjessop19_
If you do want to combine seasons or continuations of stories, then you’d be in full agreement to combine the likes of OG Dragon Ball with DBZ, right? Since DBZ is pretty much where the anime picked up from where the original series left off in the manga. Or to combine Naruto and Shippuuden, or all the JoJo entries into one entry?

It’s best you actually read up on the guidelines to see why there are multiple entries before making stupid requests.
@_cjessop19_ those examples are minority here and majority of anime aligns with what the op suggested i didn't understand what you were saying even for naruto and naruto shippuuden, but then i remember boruto is kind of a sequel to naruto 💀 no way i want that tagged along with naruto
3 hours ago

Nov 2018
Reply to Piiyuuush
@_cjessop19_ those examples are minority here and majority of anime aligns with what the op suggested i didn't understand what you were saying even for naruto and naruto shippuuden, but then i remember boruto is kind of a sequel to naruto 💀 no way i want that tagged along with naruto
@Piiyuuush Everything, including recap episodes, OVA specials, filler movies, MVs, all of that stuff would be considered in the score for the main series. This includes Boruto for Naruto as you said. So even if the main TV series has a high score, most series would be dragged down because you combine entries.

I see no reason as to why we need to combine entries when we could introduce something that's like chiaki.site where all the entries of a series are compiled into one page. MAL should introduce a franchises page (without any rating attached to it) so that people can easily find all series that relate to each other. But knowing MAL, it may take years to implement.

Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
Check out my list of emojis you can copy and paste in the forums here. List will expand in the future.

More topics from this board

» An "Anime Franchise" page

_cjessop19_ - 2 hours ago

0 by _cjessop19_ »»
2 hours ago

» Add the option to change profile favorites pictures

k1rb - Oct 21, 2022

19 by k1rb »»
Yesterday, 2:21 PM

Poll: » Add list setting to make notes private (on public lists)

S_h_a_r_k_93 - Nov 12, 2022

25 by anonymate »»
Apr 24, 9:57 PM

» Add number of episodes and number of members in the advanced search.

Yacine2104 - Jan 10

8 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 24, 12:26 PM

» Local Language districts

kuroneko99 - Apr 22

5 by Luchipher-Zen »»
Apr 23, 1:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.