Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 28, 2021 2:29 AM
Sep 2020
This show was fun at first cause you see characters having fun, but when they introduced ADAM as a psycho who will literally kill you just to win, them repeatedly saying "skating is fun" doesn't make sense anymore.

Why are they even in S in the first place? Isn't there another community or place where they could skate?

I'm hoping the finale will be them leaving S cause it doesn't make sense why they're still going to that place.
Mar 28, 2021 2:53 AM
Feb 2017
I'm hoping for the 'S getting disbanded' ending too.

And I had the same thought when Reki was literally getting beaten up and still said that skating is fun. Like dude you might die right now?? But I guess they all just love the thrill of it. The insane beefs with no rules and the crazy opponents. Regardless S feels like a toxic community (to me).
Mar 28, 2021 3:16 AM

Mar 2020
I don't think people watch SK8 for a good plot or something lol.
Most of the focus is clearly on making the characters look hot and appealing.
And making somewhat BL relationships between them.

There are so many plot holes in the story, like if Adam can beat others, why can't Joe or Reki do the same to Adam?
Reki literally hugs Adam, why not just hit him in the nuts and win? /s
JudevinMar 28, 2021 3:25 AM
Mar 28, 2021 3:22 AM
Sep 2018
Judevin said:

There are so many plot holes in the story, like if Adam can beat others, why can't Joe or Reki do the same to Adam?
Reki literally hugs Adam, why not just hit him in the nuts and win?
I‘d say they have other morals. In S you can do everything you want basically even beat people and sabotage them (Adam, Shadow). The other main casts got other morals and surely don’t want to win like that.
Mar 28, 2021 3:25 AM

Mar 2020
sandrashw said:
Judevin said:

Reki literally hugs Adam, why not just hit him in the nuts and win?
I‘d say they have other morals. In S you can do everything you want basically even beat people and sabotage them (Adam, Shadow). The other main casts got other morals and surely don’t want to win like that.
You're right.
I was being sarcastic lmao.
To point out what OP and the other person said was completely right about S being toxic.
I'll add /s to my reply.
Mar 28, 2021 5:55 AM
Jan 2021
Lumioa said:
There is way too much focus on Reki and Langa being together. Cant they just be best friends? Like I get the hint in the langa and his mom conversation but I’d rather not force it
the show isn't really forcing it tho
Mar 28, 2021 6:25 AM
Jan 2021
Lumioa said:
water8919 said:
the show isn't really forcing it tho
True I get what you mean it’s just the fandom sometimes but it’s not like a problem or anything it’s just what I thought
also why do they have to just be best friends??
Mar 28, 2021 7:38 AM
Aug 2020
soukoku13 said:

And I had the same thought when Reki was literally getting beaten up and still said that skating is fun. Like dude you might die right now?? But I guess they all just love the thrill of it. The insane beefs with no rules and the crazy opponents. Regardless S feels like a toxic community (to me).
wow first horimiya and now skate the word toxic is just getting thrown around this season 😂
Mar 28, 2021 7:45 AM
Jul 2017
I think that they wanted to show a dark side of S, hence Adam being a fucking nut job. But I think that Langa will win against Adam and red haired policewoman will come and arrest the guy.
Mar 28, 2021 8:04 AM
Feb 2017
Baakka1602 said:
soukoku13 said:

wow first horimiya and now skate the word toxic is just getting thrown around this season 😂

A community where people will actually bully and humiliate you and skaters who won’t hesitate to injure you in any way they can without any consequences. Does this seem like a healthy place to enjoy your hobby? To the characters it might but for me as a non skater it definitely doesn’t.

Toxic might not be the correct word for it but that’s the closest I could think of.
Mar 28, 2021 11:20 AM

Jan 2011
ETHANethan said:
This show was fun at first cause you see characters having fun, but when they introduced ADAM as a psycho who will literally kill you just to win, them repeatedly saying "skating is fun" doesn't make sense anymore.

Why are they even in S in the first place? Isn't there another community or place where they could skate?

I'm hoping the finale will be them leaving S cause it doesn't make sense why they're still going to that place.
Keep in mind that is something only Reki says. No one else really says that. One character's opinion doesn't mean everyone shares that opinion. Remember Shadow acts like a fucking pro wrestling heel for example.

I don't think S is toxic but how skating really is. Skating is underground as shit even with some of the media props. I don't think S is toxic but a place where people can truly be themselves. I do agree that they should move on from S, not because it is toxic or anything like that but because it is being setup to be disbanded as that chick is going to expos Anosuke/ADAM.

Also they need to leave S if they want this show to get a second season.

Judevin said:

Reki literally hugs Adam, why not just hit him in the nuts and win? /s
I do actually as the plot has been quite good. I Don't know about S being toxic.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Mar 28, 2021 6:18 PM

Jul 2011
Even more ridiculous when he straight up uses his board as a bat and calls it a "technique"... Are you fucking kidding me? The writing in this show is hilariously bad. I just watch it cause I really like skating and SOME of the characters. Wish it wouldn't be about a race but tricks instead. Would be more fun to watch imo.
Mar 29, 2021 6:01 AM
Jan 2021
ETHANethan said:

i think it will be good if season 1 finishes with them leaving s and going to next community, for me it would be perfect ending of season 1 and it opens availability for season 2
Mar 29, 2021 6:48 AM
Aug 2020
PinokijevCale said:
ETHANethan said:

i think it will be good if season 1 finishes with them leaving s and going to next community, for me it would be perfect ending of season 1 and it opens availability for season 2

i think so too honestly
Mar 29, 2021 1:53 PM
Jan 2021
I still will never forget how Adam just yeeted Cherry in the face with the skateboard and Joe just runs up to help! 😭

More topics from this board

» Langa's relationship with reki ( 1 2 )

Old_School_Akira - May 7, 2022

65 by Tobimaroo »»
Mar 10, 3:11 AM

Poll: » SK∞ Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2021

147 by Tobimaroo »»
Mar 4, 5:21 AM

Poll: » SK∞ Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2021

142 by Tobimaroo »»
Jan 31, 4:58 AM

Poll: » SK∞ Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2021

210 by Tobimaroo »»
Jan 30, 4:56 AM

» SK8 the Infinity Event & Bucchigiri!?

OnlyAraku - Dec 31, 2023

8 by OnlyAraku »»
Jan 9, 12:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.