Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fruits Basket Collector's Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
Mar 27, 2021 12:05 PM

Jan 2013
I get that she's the epitome of a lovable airhead, but from a plot standpoint her ineptitude is starting to wear thin. She should know full well that Akito is not a good person, she has heard multiple tales of abusive behavior. Yet, when Kyo is finally summoned she is acting like it's actually a good thing he wasn't excluded this time, and then on her own she wishes that he will come back feeling happier or something. This is veering way past the point of being an airhead, and into sheer stupidity. Then she goes to follow up on Kureno on Arisa's behalf, because she's still hung up on him, despite knowing damn well that she shouldn't be trying to help her friend get involved with someone from the Soma inner circle. The story about the traveler who gives away all her possessions, up to the point where she gives away her own life, is in part a wondrous, beautiful soul, but more importantly she's an incomprehensible fool.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Mar 27, 2021 12:32 PM

Mar 2020
I kinda agree she's more stupid than your typical airhead
Mar 27, 2021 12:46 PM
Dec 2020
Hmm yes it does get annoying but u could still say it’s one of her flaws or she might just not want to accept the truth because of how kind she is and how she doesn’t want anyone getting hurt but in all honesty Tohru can be said as someone some people would want to be like so ignoring how stupid she can be she’s a great Mc
Mar 27, 2021 6:05 PM
Mar 2021
to be fair, she knows that kyo wants to stop being considered "less than" because he's the cat - when he's telling about beating yuki so he'll finally become a real part of the family, she takes it to heart. so it's not so much that she thinks akito is a good person for inviting kyo, she's just excited that he's seemingly being included in inner family activities that he's normally excluded from. she's overly optimistic and a little dumb but i wouldn't call this an example of her being exceptionally stupid.
Jun 24, 2021 8:46 PM
Oct 2020
For me, she is a lovable MC but the story strongly lean toward that she is a pure, nice, airheaded person and also keeps staying that way with no change of direction. This makes the character's growth for Tohru is close to none as she will stay the same as always (with her existing flaws) while everyone around her is improving themself and change for the better.
Jun 29, 2021 10:20 PM
Sep 2020
LostSpectre said:
I get that she's the epitome of a lovable airhead, but from a plot standpoint her ineptitude is starting to wear thin. She should know full well that Akito is not a good person, she has heard multiple tales of abusive behavior. Yet, when Kyo is finally summoned she is acting like it's actually a good thing he wasn't excluded this time, and then on her own she wishes that he will come back feeling happier or something. This is veering way past the point of being an airhead, and into sheer stupidity. Then she goes to follow up on Kureno on Arisa's behalf, because she's still hung up on him, despite knowing damn well that she shouldn't be trying to help her friend get involved with someone from the Soma inner circle. The story about the traveler who gives away all her possessions, up to the point where she gives away her own life, is in part a wondrous, beautiful soul, but more importantly she's an incomprehensible fool.

I was so bored of seeing edgy female characters in shounen(not that I don't like them)
This shoujo just gave me a female charcater ,who is so calm and heavenly peaceful ,words can't describe this flower of a character

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2020

114 by TheStarscream759 »»
Sep 16, 6:11 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2020

125 by TheStarscream759 »»
Sep 15, 6:47 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2020

241 by SenChen »»
Sep 15, 1:31 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2020

178 by TheStarscream759 »»
Sep 14, 7:25 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2020

143 by SenChen »»
Sep 1, 2:29 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.