Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Mar 24, 2021 2:41 AM

Nov 2020
1) Death Note is hella boring for most episodes.
2) Steins Gate too isn't a masterpiece
3) Barakamon isn't all that great either, Usagi Drop is so much better
4) Suzumiya Haruhi is a very annoying and selfish character
5) SNAFU could have been so much better, but it isn't.
Mar 24, 2021 2:56 AM

Jun 2019
Every anime ever created is a slice of life.

ブレ
ブレ
ブレ
ブレ

Mar 24, 2021 2:59 AM

Aug 2020
AquamarineNT said:
Remember, it's just MY OPINIONS:

-Comedy in fighting shonens is not funny.
-Fate/Zero is the ONLY good thing about the fate franchise.

someone finally said and heres something else I wish any anime that has a millisecond of humor not just put a comedy tag on itself a few shonen jokes doesn't make it a comedy

AquamarineNT said:

-Fate/Zero is the ONLY good thing about the fate franchise.

Mar 24, 2021 3:03 AM

Aug 2020
Shitaste said:
Every anime ever created is a slice of life.

slice of life usually means for most episodic meaning each episode tends to not really fit into a huge over arching storyline but your right in the sense that each anime follows the day to day of the main character
Mar 24, 2021 3:19 AM

Aug 2020
squishymomo said:

if you didn't like Death Note that type of story where thoughts and talking is 90% of the length just might be frustrating to watch ngl some shows I hate the amount of dialogue but I really believe Death Note is kind of the opposite it always keeps the audience on their toes and showers challenges on light to create tension little obstacles that build up the jenga tower till it comes collapsing down and not everyone of Light's problems can be solved just by killing a person directly he has to take roundabout methods or stick to meticulous layered plans that don't always work and can backfire in his face

Barakamon and Usagi Drop seem pretty different haven't seen Usagi Drop but from what I've heard its kind of a drama slice of life whereas Barakamon is a comedy slice thats meant to be heartwarming and thoughtful kind of like the villagers its slower paced much like the countryside and the entertainment comes from the annoying of the miscreant but lovable kids thats both wholesome and ridiculously annoying like real kids also the villagers are pretty real they'res a deep sense of community

compared to usagi drop which seems to be a story of fatherhood which contrasts so heavily with Barakamon that its weird that you'd compare them in the first place dude they're so different did you find the first slice of life to compare to Usagi Drop ik Barakamon doesn't really have a great deal to it its just a nice and slow pure slice of life

Also I heard in Usagi Drop the girl and the father get together so once again completely different series dude lol
Mar 24, 2021 3:27 AM

Dec 2019
The Ghost in the Shell movie is fking trash
Mar 24, 2021 3:28 AM

Nov 2019
Another is shit. Idk if that's a unpopular opinion tho

Mar 24, 2021 3:30 AM

Jan 2021
KuroGFX said:
Bibliophile715 said:
-Yu-gi-oh>Pokemon.
-Cowboy Bebop is mediocre.
-The second arc of Death Note is better than the first arc.
-I enjoyed both seasons of Tokyo Ghoul: re just as much as Tokyo Ghoul.

hell yes I love pokemon a lot but yugioh just resonates with me and its a much better card game in my opinion although the pokemon manga is much better whereas the yugioh anime is much better than the pokemon anime

yeah it kind of is kinda isn't its got great technical animation like amazing angle shots and great choreography I do think something that turns me off is that every episode is essentially for the most part sad and depressing which is the point but it doesn't entertain me that much its essentially a slice of life space western

can't say despite watching death note 3-4 times I always stop because the first time I watched all of death note I just forgot everything that happened it was pretty forgettable and I didn't like nearly as much as the pacing of the first season and the rivalry of L and Light I will say that the ending as stuck with me forevor and near is a pretty cool replacement for L essentially its L but even less actually social and human since the concept of near and mello is that they both represent different aspects of L essentially why they both need to work together to defeat Kira but that means that even though they're both "like" L they both have something that keeps them from being "L" in Nears case its his robotic and utterly cold and methodical puzzle-piecing demeanor of simply putting a puzzle together without concern or any emotion and this lack of emotion is further enhanced by the fact that he has similar shaggy and long hair like "L" yet its completely white almost bleached like his emotions great character design almost like "L" but just different enough

I essentially grew up playing the yu-gi-oh card game physically (I still have a collection of all the cards I got when I was younger) and watching the cartoon with my brother. I think I was more into it than he was though because I remember always wanting to watch more when he started getting bored of them. I've seen a few pokemon movies and thought they were good but I never really was allowed to watch pokemon-I'm not sure why, I probably would have liked the series if I watched it. I'm planning on reading the manga for yu-gi-oh sometime far in the future once I finish a few other manga first.

I saw Cowboy Bebop on a vacation a few years ago which probably wasn't the right way to go about it, but I was bored with nothing else to watch (my brother got it because he couldn't decide what to get at a video store and liked the cover). Parts of it were entertaining, but if I was at home with something else to watch I would have watched something else if I had the choice to but I didn't have anything else to watch so I kept watching it until the end. I gave it a 6 because I found it entertaining enough, but it wasn't that great. He also didn't like it that much.

I've heard Death Note is forgettable/not likeable for some (I'm pretty sure my brother's not a fan of it as he's seen some anime, he thought it was ok if I saw it so long as I didn't get any merchandise). The pacing of it does take some time to get used to, but due to myself having read really long books before it didn't bother me much once I familiarized myself with it. The ending was pretty shocking for me and I remember having a few dreams about hugging the characters afterward because I felt so bad for what had happened to some of them. I do agree with you that Near and Mello are essentially copies of different aspects of L but I found the characterization of them like that to be incredibly intriguing as they actually managed to separate the two rather well into distinct enough characters. I find Near's hair part of that as well since Near's hair is white whereas L's is dark but they both have similar hair styles.
Mar 24, 2021 3:39 AM

Nov 2020
KuroGFX said:
squishymomo said:

if you didn't like Death Note that type of story where thoughts and talking is 90% of the length just might be frustrating to watch ngl some shows I hate the amount of dialogue but I really believe Death Note is kind of the opposite it always keeps the audience on their toes and showers challenges on light to create tension little obstacles that build up the jenga tower till it comes collapsing down and not everyone of Light's problems can be solved just by killing a person directly he has to take roundabout methods or stick to meticulous layered plans that don't always work and can backfire in his face

Barakamon and Usagi Drop seem pretty different haven't seen Usagi Drop but from what I've heard its kind of a drama slice of life whereas Barakamon is a comedy slice thats meant to be heartwarming and thoughtful kind of like the villagers its slower paced much like the countryside and the entertainment comes from the annoying of the miscreant but lovable kids thats both wholesome and ridiculously annoying like real kids also the villagers are pretty real they'res a deep sense of community

compared to usagi drop which seems to be a story of fatherhood which contrasts so heavily with Barakamon that its weird that you'd compare them in the first place dude they're so different did you find the first slice of life to compare to Usagi Drop ik Barakamon doesn't really have a great deal to it its just a nice and slow pure slice of life

Also I heard in Usagi Drop the girl and the father get together so once again completely different series dude lol

I do agree that barakamon and Usagi drop are different but they do somewhere belong to the slice of life genre.
But Barakamon is still kinda overrated.

And for Death Note, I like your opinion. Maybe in future i will give it another chance, but my problem with Death Note is after L's death there isn't a good enough counter or opposite (or whatever you all it) character for Light. I really wish that L lived a little more or at least bring good enough character after his death. And I do not think Near was that good enough.
Mar 24, 2021 3:55 AM

Aug 2020
squishymomo said:
KuroGFX said:

I do agree that barakamon and Usagi drop are different but they do somewhere belong to the slice of life genre.
But Barakamon is still kinda overrated.

And for Death Note, I like your opinion. Maybe in future i will give it another chance, but my problem with Death Note is after L's death there isn't a good enough counter or opposite (or whatever you all it) character for Light. I really wish that L lived a little more or at least bring good enough character after his death. And I do not think Near was that good enough.

I agree on Barakamon its nothing big its really the most pure slice of life ever I just found it enjoyable beacuse your able to empathize with the mc cause of his circumstances also he's a greenhorne at living on his own and requires and it causes him to become more and more entwined in the village which I enjoyed seeing.

personal bias I give it a 10/10

objectively its like a solid 7.8 just cause its simple and doesn't accomplish much although the final episode where they all call to cure his loneliness cause he's acting sad and pathetic and stressing over a big calligraphy contest is just pure sweetness to me

skip to 3:00

it doesn't have the tense drama that Usagi Drop has but its still a winner despite its simplicity

Note: I have to see Usagi Drop this weekend

Mar 24, 2021 4:03 AM
Feb 2021
Steins gate better than AOT
Naruto Shipuden its good but overrated
Mar 24, 2021 4:08 AM

Aug 2020
Bibliophile715 said:
KuroGFX said:

hell yes I love pokemon a lot but yugioh just resonates with me and its a much better card game in my opinion although the pokemon manga is much better whereas the yugioh anime is much better than the pokemon anime

yeah it kind of is kinda isn't its got great technical animation like amazing angle shots and great choreography I do think something that turns me off is that every episode is essentially for the most part sad and depressing which is the point but it doesn't entertain me that much its essentially a slice of life space western

can't say despite watching death note 3-4 times I always stop because the first time I watched all of death note I just forgot everything that happened it was pretty forgettable and I didn't like nearly as much as the pacing of the first season and the rivalry of L and Light I will say that the ending as stuck with me forevor and near is a pretty cool replacement for L essentially its L but even less actually social and human since the concept of near and mello is that they both represent different aspects of L essentially why they both need to work together to defeat Kira but that means that even though they're both "like" L they both have something that keeps them from being "L" in Nears case its his robotic and utterly cold and methodical puzzle-piecing demeanor of simply putting a puzzle together without concern or any emotion and this lack of emotion is further enhanced by the fact that he has similar shaggy and long hair like "L" yet its completely white almost bleached like his emotions great character design almost like "L" but just different enough

I essentially grew up playing the yu-gi-oh card game physically (I still have a collection of all the cards I got when I was younger) and watching the cartoon with my brother. I think I was more into it than he was though because I remember always wanting to watch more when he started getting bored of them. I've seen a few pokemon movies and thought they were good but I never really was allowed to watch pokemon-I'm not sure why, I probably would have liked the series if I watched it. I'm planning on reading the manga for yu-gi-oh sometime far in the future once I finish a few other manga first.

I saw Cowboy Bebop on a vacation a few years ago which probably wasn't the right way to go about it, but I was bored with nothing else to watch (my brother got it because he couldn't decide what to get at a video store and liked the cover). Parts of it were entertaining, but if I was at home with something else to watch I would have watched something else if I had the choice to but I didn't have anything else to watch so I kept watching it until the end. I gave it a 6 because I found it entertaining enough, but it wasn't that great. He also didn't like it that much.

I've heard Death Note is forgettable/not likeable for some (I'm pretty sure my brother's not a fan of it as he's seen some anime, he thought it was ok if I saw it so long as I didn't get any merchandise). The pacing of it does take some time to get used to, but due to myself having read really long books before it didn't bother me much once I familiarized myself with it. The ending was pretty shocking for me and I remember having a few dreams about hugging the characters afterward because I felt so bad for what had happened to some of them. I do agree with you that Near and Mello are essentially copies of different aspects of L but I found the characterization of them like that to be incredibly intriguing as they actually managed to separate the two rather well into distinct enough characters. I find Near's hair part of that as well since Near's hair is white whereas L's is dark but they both have similar hair styles.

same grew up playing the card game kind of got out of it I wanna say early to mid high school cause I didn't like the meta and its funner to play with friends maybe in the future I'll get back into it but yeah part of my childhood I was restricted from watching Pokemon only on my Mothers side some weird religious reason cause of my grandma my dad and his family didn't care

Cowboy Bebop has this overly browness to it sounds weird but it just feels like a real drama and its just has this dull coloring and blandness and the mood is depressing its just so dry which is what I feel like a space western is and isn't at the same time characters are cool but by far my least favorite shiinichiro wattanabe show

yeah I liked the characterization of both characters near and mello it was a really really clever way to sort of fill in for "L" instead of just create another smart antagonist I also really cried for Matsuda he's lost friends and his chief mentor he was the humanity in the show a lot of times and kept it cheerful really great character he and Aizawa are some of the characters I really got attached too

it just really shocks you to see Matsuda shoot light deservedly and justifiable but heartbreakingly as well completely

Mar 24, 2021 4:15 AM

Aug 2020
siarya said:
Hendrix_10 said:
This is gonna get locked but here are some of mine:

Konosuba is not funny

Cowboy bepop and Samurai Champloo have terrible OPs

First season of SAO was good

nah man you lost me at samurai champloo

Konosuba is a lot of meta isekai stuff for jokes so if you don't like that style then its pretty give or take also heres my opinion while I like Darkness the over amount of "I'm horny" makes me want to die between dem thighs luckily they mix the joke up and kind of evolve it but still it degrades as it goes on

as for champloo and bebop I have to agree that I'm really tired of the "aesthetic style" opening from wattanabe anime its fine but it can get annoying which is why I think Space Dandy has the best op from any of Wattanbe's anime

I still think they're good just too much at times I don't want an Opening to feel like something thats meant to be an ending or something that blends onto a soundtrack
Mar 24, 2021 4:35 AM

Aug 2020
bomberkill said:

SAO is good. Every season of it. (Except maybe fairy dance arc, aka second half of season one)

Kirito is one of the best written anime characters ever.

AOT is NOT overrated. People just say it to sound original.

I think the concepts and premises are pretty entertaining to watch for I can't say they're terribly well and I'm not really a fan of how lackluster the worlds are set up as I wish Aincrad was more detailed and polished and felt like an actual game world the episodes I remember is the A.I kid episode where they visit an Orphanage which is pretty interesting as well how most players just adapt to life in Aincrad like the one fisherman dude thats all I remember

as for Kirito the problem with him is that he is literally the pinnacle of perfection in Sao no one is on his level therefore its not really interesting to watch him. its noble how he takes the brunt of the criticism for beta testers and has a complex for attaching to friends cause his partied died and only friends suicided but he's just so perfect even when he's miserable that I don't that empathetic he doesn't feel human idk give him flaws that begin to show when the stress gets to him all the trauma and he breaks into a horrible mess or maybe show him being happy like a regular human probably my favorite episodes where him chilling with Asuna and being actually happy even though I don't fully get why they fall in love

Im sure they're more dephness to him in the Light Novel in terms of thoughts feelings that are cut from the anime and the result is a flattened character idk I think he should've been built up more as a loser like he had no friends and literally being trapped in Sao is his dream to escape from the real world like Kaiyaba until he makes friends and they die he takes the blame and he realizes he was just being an idiot

Im fine with smart characters for no reason *cough* *cough* lelouch *cough* *cough* but they need a diversity of emotions lelouch wants to save his sister from being a political tool so he becomes a leader of a terrorist faction using a false mask as a caped vigilante named zero and executes crazy plans with feats of charisma and intelligence

the reason why I can get behind it is because of how lelouch is always going against harder and harder odds with grim resolution lelouch has to fight against a nation thats always bearing down on him forcing him to disguise his face physically and emotionally to blend in and lead the constant double life creates tension and attachment not knowing what could happen

Mar 24, 2021 4:35 AM

Jan 2021
KuroGFX said:
Bibliophile715 said:

same grew up playing the card game kind of got out of it I wanna say early to mid high school cause I didn't like the meta and its funner to play with friends maybe in the future I'll get back into it but yeah part of my childhood I was restricted from watching Pokemon only on my Mothers side some weird religious reason cause of my grandma my dad and his family didn't care

Cowboy Bebop has this overly browness to it sounds weird but it just feels like a real drama and its just has this dull coloring and blandness and the mood is depressing its just so dry which is what I feel like a space western is and isn't at the same time characters are cool but by far my least favorite shiinichiro wattanabe show

yeah I liked the characterization of both characters near and mello it was a really really clever way to sort of fill in for "L" instead of just create another smart antagonist I also really cried for Matsuda he's lost friends and his chief mentor he was the humanity in the show a lot of times and kept it cheerful really great character he and Aizawa are some of the characters I really got attached too

it just really shocks you to see Matsuda shoot light deservedly and justifiable but heartbreakingly as well completely

Oh, you were restricted from watching Pokemon too for a bit? I'm not sure what the exact reason was for me, but my family just didn't seem to like the cartoon whereas yu-gi-oh was ok thankfully enough. I remember hearing my family talk about them being concerned about me watching the fights depicted in Pokemon since I was really young when I wanted to see it, as my immediate family isn't religious so it wouldn't have been for that reason. I am familiar with weird religion reasons for others not being able to watch/read something as I've heard about that before due to being an avid fantasy reader.

The color scheme does have that side to it in Cowboy Bebop as I noticed as well that some of the colors would be faded at times, though I didn't find it that depressing as there were times when I liked the humor in that show as small an amount of it as it was. I primarily kept watching the show because I thought a space western was a cool concept and that was what made me not just take off my headphones and not see any episode of it again. I don't think I've seen any other show by shinichiro watanabe but I'll look into them.

Oh I was an absolute emotional mess in the end of Death Note because I was crying so much over the ending and I don't normally cry but it really got to me because I never expected that to happen. Looking back on it after I watched it it luckily made sense as to how the plot turned out to be because they actually did the ending well enough so that the series ended good and heartbreaking. Near and Mello are both extremely smart as they were essentially raised to be like that which was very clever of that organization to do as they just admired L so much. That, to me, was one of the best scenes with Matsuda in it as well (Light got very much what he deserved) as he finally got to do that because he was hunting Kira for the majority of his involvement with the police in the series. Aizawa and Matsuda were indeed among the most human characters in the show as they often thought about things less calculating than L did.
Mar 24, 2021 4:36 AM

Aug 2020
cornonacob said:
Idk if this is unpopular but there should be more dogs in anime

*sweats in Jojo's Bizarre Adventure*
Mar 24, 2021 4:40 AM

Aug 2020
Bibliophile715 said:
Aizawa and Matsuda were indeed among the most human characters in the show as they often thought about things less calculating than L did.

thats a perfect summation and its why the task force (besides L) is extremely important to the series cause without them it would just be (honestly not meaning to be offensive) to smart asses acting smart and being smart
Mar 24, 2021 4:54 AM

Jan 2021
KuroGFX said:
Bibliophile715 said:
Aizawa and Matsuda were indeed among the most human characters in the show as they often thought about things less calculating than L did.

thats a perfect summation and its why the task force (besides L) is extremely important to the series cause without them it would just be (honestly not meaning to be offensive) to smart asses acting smart and being smart

Yeah definitely - the series would really be different if the task force didn't exist which I'm glad it was in the plot as I just really like Aizawa and Matsuda acting so humanly driven.
Mar 24, 2021 8:08 AM

Feb 2020
Hunter X Hunter is over rated, boring and has a simple plot not a complex one like everyone says. Sword art online is bad but it is by far not the worst anime. Attack on Titan is good but has many flaws and is way to highly rated.
Mar 24, 2021 3:05 PM

Aug 2020
CyborgSaber said:

Hunter X Hunter is over rated, boring and has a simple plot not a complex one like everyone says.

Sword art online is bad but it is by far not the worst anime.

Attack on Titan is good but has many flaws and is way to highly rated.

I don't know anyone who says Hunter x Hunter is complex I agree thats not true It more or less is highly rated because of its arcs that have their own self contained ideas and themes also the battles in Hunter x Hunter are pretty cool nen is by far one of the best power systems in a shonen. Overall I agree its not the best thing ever but you can't deny that its a really good shonen that also manages to entertain with something other than battles like the bidding war in york new city arc or a whole arc based around an Election with candidates trying to win over the sway of votes to achieve a 95% voter rate. It just manages to be interesting without resorting to typical gag comedy and hype fights which is why I think its great If you don't like adventure style shonens then I don't think your going to like this series cause its kind of the crux of the enjoyment factor

I agree Sao is basic in execution the premise is enjoyable to watch first time but I can't say I was overly offended by it but I found aspects enjoyable even if they didn't last for other seasons I have to say season 1 was probably my favorite season

Aot does have a lot flaws

-the pacing for season 1 is fucking weird theirs a whole arc around lifting a boulder that lasts a couple episodes made me want to shoot myself in the face

-Mikasa is a good character at the point in the manga and is developing in season 4 but she's insufferable and annoying for 2-3 seasons I get she was written that way but the worst sin of her is that she only talks to EREN which I find dissapointing af cause I like character interactions and it makes her feel like a cardboard cutout only for being badass to be her only saving trait compared to the other developed characters

-ultimately I didn't like how the titans got weirder and weirder powers just a personal nitpick they really do get kind of dumb and at points I actually stopped reading the manga for a while

-every character feels really bland at the beginning you definitely grow to like them but a lot of them boring to watch and i forgot they're names the first season and the fact that potatoe girl is literally how I remembered sasha is kind of why I didn't care
but tbf they gave her some development in season 2 and a backstory which I liked but ultimately the strength of the characters is in how much time is spent with them the characters that are introduced later are way more nuanced and likeable for me especially Gabi and Falco also Zeke and Reiner are more interesting but yeah for the first 3 seasons the plot really really carries the show although in season 3 we get some pretty solid characters in terms of Eren and
but most I feel meh about

-one more thing Marco is

Mar 24, 2021 3:11 PM

Aug 2020
GreatShitposter said:
Just read Chainsaw Man and it's shit. Was pretty good until like 50 chapters and then everything went apeshit and ended with a whimper.

tbf the story gets way more unbelieavable chaotic and batshit crazy which albeit not everyone is into it gets compulsively weird and dark and a lot of people
and tbf I was sort of meh on the ending It was a really good read and I'm mildly excited to see it come to life in anime form

I liked Tatsuki Fujimoto's Fire Punch a lot more though if I'm honest although I think Chainsaw Man is a step up I think Fire Punch had a lot more punch for me in terms of really creating emotional moments although I liked Denji more as a character
Mar 24, 2021 3:19 PM

Aug 2020
MoonDragon72 said:

One of the many problems I have with My Hero Academia is that there are too many characters to keep up with and some of them feel completely pointless

same but I think thats why the Author explicitly made their character designs so inapplicably weird for some like dude with grapes on his head or Asui being literally a frog girl point is they are not SUBTLE AT ALL the worst one for me was IIDA despite him having a story arc

I agree a lot of the characters feel pointless but a lot of their point in existing is to make the class of 1-A feel full and alive sure their is a tight cast of REAL characters in 1-A that get the brunt of all development but that doesn't mean the rest don't serve a point

but yes I do think that most are pointless but at least they have personality which fills the show
Mar 24, 2021 3:30 PM

Aug 2020
IFollowKIngs said:

Eva 1st ending was a masterpiece

I wish you could have elaborated more on your other questions

I agree the anime ending for Eva was fucking amazing despite its obvious lack of animation I do think though that the final two episodes could have been just one but I really like how the ending is basically a psychological counseling session for the main cast to confront their emotional stakes that have been establishes such as Rei's nothingness Asuka's lack self worth by neglecting parents created a need for attention and Shinji's lack of want to live because of his lack of relationships that are meant to tie you to reality its only when he establishes relationships and connection does he find the will to get in the eva

really great ending can see how it pissed off a lot of people who wanted answers to the established mysteries and such but as you dwell on the show and really mull it over when your frustrated it turns into appreciation
Mar 24, 2021 3:38 PM

Aug 2020
JTassoni2107 said:
Fuck it, No Game No life is incest trash and I don't get why everyone likes it so much.

cause sora and shiro are pretty fun protagonists that are Otaku's from another world with shiro being the intellectually smart and Sora being the conniving and emotionally intelligent aspect if I had to say Sora has a better grasp on people and psychology and Shiro is just more intellectually intelligent hence her high skill in chess

the show is fun but tbh I sort of understand it was fun to watch when I was 14 but now I just think its a 7/10 at best for me I will say jibril is pretty cool

all the characters have the upfront eccentricity to them that makes the conversations fun as for the incest yeah doesn't help that the movie basically has sort of a shiro and sora but they're completely different people but the character designs are similar and get married really really weird I mean they are literally the same just hair color swaps

Mar 24, 2021 3:48 PM

Aug 2020
Vitoria-regia said:
-Monster's plot is kinda stupid and Johan is a terrible antagonist;

the plot being:

The story revolves around Kenzo Tenma, a Japanese surgeon living in Germany whose life enters turmoil after getting himself involved with Johan Liebert, one of his former patients, who is revealed to be a dangerous serial killer.

the plot is fine its an interesting murder mystery.

I think whats stupid is the fact that
seemed stupid

I actually never felt like Johan was an antagonist he's interesting the way we go down the rabbit hole and discover his past bit by bit peeling layers back but he never comes off as antagonistic just evil like when he tricks kids into playing on roofs via game of dare I think Roberto was more antagonistic than Johan who was more of a background villain similar to Knives from Trigun where Knives was the mastermind and Legato was the main force of the antagonistic presence in the show
Mar 24, 2021 3:52 PM
Apr 2014
Shinsekai yori, Kill la kill and land of the lusterous were confusing and bad. I donät know where the hye is coming from.

All the Jojo memes are excessive, I just don't find the series funny as fans would impress it me with.

Darling in the Franxx and SAO S1 are great! I don't know where the hate is coming from.

Why so much hype around My Hero Academia? or is it me getting too old for more shounen (although Black clover was great tho)

Isekai Cheat magician were actually great. Instead of only having one OP MC, they had two, and the storytelling was better than the other OP isekais.
Mar 24, 2021 4:07 PM
Apr 2020
idk if these are unpopular opinions but these are kinda just my personal opinions...
-MHA was eh for the first two season and now it's just super repetitive and boring and deku is one of the worst and most annoying shounen protagonists
-devilman crybaby felt super rushed and story was awful
-blue exorcist is average and nothing really special or interesting about it
-black clover is actually good af
-the only thing good about one punch man is the animation but everything else is bland and boring
-soul eater (anime) is eh but i heard the manga is a lot better so i plan to read it
-tokyo ghoul (anime) is hella overhyped
-deadman wonderland (anime) is one of the worst anime I have watched because it is so predictable and boring
-fullmetal alchemist brotherhood should not be #1 on MAL
-slice of life genre is boring af (but thats my personal opinion cause i have tried watching some but i always end up dropping them)
-isekai is actually pretty good
-attack on titan has some of the worst and most boring characters but the plot makes up for it and also season 4 is not that great but its not finished yet so maybe im just judging it too early.
Mar 24, 2021 4:37 PM

Jan 2020
Got loads of them.

-Angel Beats is fucking garbage
-Clannad is the dumbest anime I've ever watched
-Anohana sucks
-Ouzen > Nanachi
-Kanata no Astra sucks af
-Death Note isn't as good as everyone says it is
-Hoshi no Ko is trash
-Hotaru no Haka isn't something that'll make you cry
-Kimetsu no Yaiba is just a average shounen
-Zenitsu would be better off dead
-Kimi no Na wa is overrated
-Kyoukai no Kanata has horrible writing
-Deadman Wonderland is shit
-Weathering with you is bad
3099Mar 25, 2021 8:41 AM
Mar 24, 2021 6:32 PM
Jul 2018
Shaya-Udlak said:

The ending was pretty bad and it's not much of an unpopular opinion.
Mar 24, 2021 6:35 PM

Oct 2017
XChidoriX00 said:
Digimon > Pokemon

Finally a likeminded individual. I do gotta say tho the Pokemon games were better up until Cyberslueth hit for Digimon and the game quality went up, and then Pokemon had XY where the quality took a decline until we got to the mess that is gen 8.
This post is brought to you by your local transfem gamer goblin. Will not tolerate bigotry and will fight against "anti-woke" sentiment to make the anime community a safer place.
Mar 24, 2021 7:04 PM
Jul 2018
mijnster said:
PiyushSan said:

1. Alright, I'm too lazy to explain everything to you so just watch these two vids. You'll get what I mean.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bU1jJIqqjI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFQa3dHlHSg

2. Okay, I looked into it a bit more and I think there might be a small possibility that Killua has a romantic crush on Gon. But the shinjuu thing you mentioned which Killua stated in Chimera Ant arc is being taken out of context. What he actually meant was that Gon and Killua may die while fighting Neferpitou. In which case it would be quite similar to shinjuu as both of them would refuse to abandon each other and die. Similarly, when Killua refers Gon as the light, he does not mean it in a romantic way. Killua was brought up as a cold hearted assassin. He considers Gon as his only friend. He shares a deep bonding with Gon. In the scene he doubts whether he is worthy of Gon's friendship. The message behind Gon and Killua's relationship can be interpreted in many ways.

- You probably won’t believe me, but I’ve actually searched for analysis videos like these in the past without finding them. I’m not saying that fanservice is the devil here, it’s the (seemingly non)consensual groping and the fact that the females can’t solve their own problems (from what I’ve seen). I am very aware of the fact that a large portion of the monogatari fanbase claim that the fanservice is commentary on the medium as a whole. I do however want to add that I haven’t watched Kizumonogatari, as I dropped the monogatari series in the second season, so the part about Hanekawa was just a spoiler hahahaha. All the examples given in the first video you linked are from later seasons, the one with the shibari snakes (yes, I will call it that) the sole exception, but one that the guy from the video notes is further expanded in later seasons. So, maybe I will have to change my unpopular opinion to “the monogatari season comes off as so sexist, I had to drop it”, but arguments like “the fanservice does indeed have narrative value” or “the women all simp for Araragi and can’t fend for themselves because it’s a harem” don't really defend the case of it not coming of as sexist. Nonetheless, I really liked the part about humanizing a female character through the flipping of a skirt, so thanks for sharing. Your second vid had a spoiler warning in the beginning so I refrained from watching, sorry :). I watched the two first parts back when I was 16/17, I do intend to watch it to completion one day.
- Again, I agree that it’s up to interpretation if he truly has a romantic crush on Gon, only stating that I lean towards romantic. I don’t agree with your statement about the shinjuu thing though. I know that Killua doesn’t mean he will kill himself & Gon or something. He tells Meleoron that if Gon fight Pitou, worst case scenario being that Gon will die, he will die with Gon. So Killua clearly says that he is prepared to die with Gon, using the term Shinjuu, which has the subtext of being a lovers suicide. Google the word. All the translations contain exact that. And it’s not like there aren’t any other words to use to refer to dying with someone, or being prepared to die with someone either. A few chapters/episodes later, Ikalgo comes to the conclusion that Killua and the rest are intending to die with Gon. Ikalgo does not use the word shinjuu here. He says 共に死ぬ (tomo ni shinu) which means literally “(to) die together”. There is no subtext here. Why would Killua use a word with clear romantic subtext, while Ikalgo would not? That would imply that, for Killua, this act means something more. Togashi chose to make a distinction. I get that the “you are light” scene doesn’t persé have to be romantic. Gon is reassuring Killua since he feels guilty for leaving Kite. Killua is basically blinded by his optimism in contrast to his own pessimism. But, if you add all the little scenes like this up. Killua expressing that he is the one that is thankful for meeting the other, him later questioning in the “you are light” scene if it’s okay that he will stay by his side, expressing his want to stay with him always, using the word shinjuu when telling another character that he is willing to die with him, following Gon and his date around when he is vulnerable (nen-less) and Killua yelling a “who the hell are you” when Palm comes up looking all nice, the Palm scene where Killua is crying saying that he can't do anything to help Gon and Palm reassuring him that he's the most important person to Gon. Now, imagine if Killua were a female character, doing allll the same things, do you think the opinion of Killua having a crush on Gon would still be regarded as such an unpopular (outrageous) one?

First of all, sorry for spoiling Kizumonogatari for you. I don't want to argue anymore. If you think Monogatari is sexist, you're free to skip it. However, if you ever decide to give it another shot, try to understand the deeper meaning behind the show rather than just shoving it off as some cheap harem with the sole purpose of fan service. I'm sure you'll love it.

I did look into it. As I stated before, the meaning behind the sentences can be implied in many ways. I'll link clips of the scenes referred below. Just using the word shinjuu once doesn't prove that Killua wanted to die with Gon as his lover. It could also mean he didn't wanted to abandon Gon which will lead to their death. The scenario would be quite similar to shinjuu. Same with the "You are light" scene. Also if you don't remember, Palm is mentally unstable. She tried to kill Gon many times. Plus Gon was Nen-less at the time. So it's pretty obvious that Killua would spy on Gon so that he remains safe. Also just to clarify, I don't have any problems with Gon and Killua being a couple. It's just that reaching to the conclusion based on just a few instances makes no sense for me.

Mar 24, 2021 7:28 PM

Feb 2021
school days was not as bad as people make it out to be, it destroys the harem genre.

the promised neverland manga was good until the second half and then it went downhill, I still enjoyed reading it though. season 2 is horrible.

your lie in April wasn't good.

magical girl site was actually decent and had a killer intro song.

no game no life is fucking weird.

highschool of the dead is one of the best zombie series to date.

clannad after story is one of the saddest anime of all time.

Scums wish gets praise but is fairly similar to school days.

higurashi is one of the best horror anime.

the Another manga over the anime adaptation.

the chimera ant arc has horrible pacing, but it's still good.
Mar 24, 2021 7:38 PM
Jul 2017
Neon Genesis Evangelion is a bad anime that has trash anime characters
Mar 24, 2021 8:49 PM

Jun 2020
hunter x hunter is really overrated
snafu 's last season is really boring ngl
Re zero sucks
charlotte's ending is bad
solaceMar 25, 2021 3:38 AM

Mar 24, 2021 10:45 PM

Nov 2019
PiyushSan said:
Shaya-Udlak said:

Yeah that's my only hot take lol. To me it was a rollercoaster ride that went up to down down down down down and CRASHED! Killing all the poor kids riding it. In other words the death scenes turned me off

Mar 24, 2021 10:49 PM
Jul 2018
Shaya-Udlak said:
PiyushSan said:

Yeah that's my only hot take lol. To me it was a rollercoaster ride that went up to down down down down down and CRASHED! Killing all the poor kids riding it. In other words the death scenes turned me off

Gore wasn't the problem for me. It's just that the ending was quite underwhelming. The mood that was set up in first few episodes was totally ruined by the time it ended.
Mar 24, 2021 10:57 PM

Nov 2019
PiyushSan said:
Shaya-Udlak said:

Gore wasn't the problem for me. It's just that the ending was quite underwhelming. The mood that was set up in first few episodes was totally ruined by the time it ended.

I don't have problem with gore generally. But when you're murdering people off for the sake of murdering people then that's a big no. Not a single death served a purpose in the story. And the last two episodes were a fucking mess and made me laugh at the hilarity of it all.

I hope I don't sound rude but that's just my thought

Mar 24, 2021 11:01 PM
Jul 2018
Shaya-Udlak said:
PiyushSan said:

I don't have problem with gore generally. But when you're murdering people off for the sake of murdering people then that's a big no. Not a single death served a purpose in the story. And the last two episodes were a fucking mess and made me laugh at the hilarity of it all.

That's pretty much similar to my thoughts lol. I guess you misunderstood. I actually did laugh when they killed of random side characters for no reason at all.
Mar 24, 2021 11:09 PM

Nov 2019
PiyushSan said:
Shaya-Udlak said:

That's pretty much similar to my thoughts lol. I guess you misunderstood. I actually did laugh when they killed of random side characters for no reason at all.

Oh lol I thought you liked it until the end, I thought saying 'it was trash' from episode 3 would come across as rude lmao.

Mar 24, 2021 11:25 PM

Oct 2017
24 minutes per episode is just too much
Mar 25, 2021 3:41 AM
Jul 2018
1) As someone said, there should be more dogs in anime.

2) i don't hate fanservice if it isn't cringy and if the show isnt a serious one.

3) It has become a trend to hate on demon slayer because "where original story" when its about immersive adventure, unique and fantastic action scenes, beautiful animation and traditional japanese setting. Its actually a great show.

4) Originality is overrated. Infact lots of same kind of shows should be made by improving upon the predecessors and letting the audience have a choice on what adaptation they would like for a given idea. Just because Vinland saga is a show about vikings doesnt mean we should stop demanding more animes about vikings. I wouldn't mind if there were to be multiple adaptations for say game of thrones to see which one is the nest.

5) HxH fandom has too many snobs who love chimera ants arc too much. They make repetitive bungee gum jokes. Some of them ship gon and killua. They love hisoka. Chimera arc is not the peak of literature. Its way too random. Its like watching an entirely different anime altogether. Its enjoyable though.

6) I hate the avatar the last air bender fandom. Bunch of american kids who watch shitty american cartoons, adults who value nostalgia too much, snobs who think everyone must like that bland, mediocre, children's show which they believe is targeted towards adults because genocide and war. They think its better than any 'cringy anime'.

7) Gintama doesn't deserve its place comsidering how many of its arc are too cliché, aren't supposed to be thought about too hard else theu won't make sense, are entirely dependent on asspulls, coincidences, make scenes too emotional and intesne etc. A lot of its comedic episodes aren't funny. Its little fandom thinks its one of the greatest shows.

8) Anime viewers value quirkiness too much. Light is a better character than L. L is just quirky. Levi is apparently one of the best AoT character just because he is strong and edgy. Jujutsu kaisen is all about "unique" and quirky characters. A girl with gun. A girl with hammer and nails whose tokyo friend was discriminated in countryside. Quirky kakashi (not bad though). A man obssesed with people's taste for girls. Junpei is dumb for not realising mahito was evil. Too overrated.

9) Code geass doesn't deserve its place. It is all fanservice. Dumb show. High school harem, Kallen's tits, war, random fantasy plot devices like geass and sword of akasha to become god of the new world, random sci fi plot device for mecha action, a mixture of everything. Mc who we are told is intelligent and pulls off anything, predicts entire conversations, accidentally orders a genocide, refuses to win game against his elder brother, deals with a highly organised yet braindead empire too easily, doesn't use geass on prominent figures. Racist lesbian creates super nukes in middle of a huge commotion to avenge her crush' deaths whom she hardly knew. Suzaku is stupid. Instead of being ossesed with creating a paradise, its unnecessarily evil villain is obssesed with people not lying in his new world. Not lying can prevent parents from handling their kids, kids playing decietful games etc. Enemies don't use their assets to their full potential and neither does lelouch. The anime doesn't give sufficient information about whats happening on both sides for viewsers to get a clear idea and think about the solutions with a clear set of rules and knowledge about the assets which creates tension like in deathnote where mc is actually shown to be smart. Its ending is not great. Ridiculous how lelouch is the best mc on mal and how its so highly rated.
removed-userMar 25, 2021 6:00 AM
Mar 25, 2021 4:02 AM

Feb 2018
the 4th season of BNHA is the best one out of the 4
Mar 25, 2021 4:49 AM

Jul 2020
Whatever2001 said:
I hate the avatar the last air bender fandom. Bunch of american kids who watch shitty american cartoons, adults who value nostalgia too much, snobs who think everyone must like that bland, mediocre, children's show which they believe is targeted towards adults because genocide and war. They think its better than any 'cringy anime'.

I agree with this so much. The fandom of ATLA is so toxic and annoying. "Avatar is better than most anime lul" "Avatar is too deep and mature to be considered as children's cartoon"
Mar 25, 2021 7:48 AM
Sep 2012
PiyushSan said:
mijnster said:

- You probably won’t believe me, but I’ve actually searched for analysis videos like these in the past without finding them. I’m not saying that fanservice is the devil here, it’s the (seemingly non)consensual groping and the fact that the females can’t solve their own problems (from what I’ve seen). I am very aware of the fact that a large portion of the monogatari fanbase claim that the fanservice is commentary on the medium as a whole. I do however want to add that I haven’t watched Kizumonogatari, as I dropped the monogatari series in the second season, so the part about Hanekawa was just a spoiler hahahaha. All the examples given in the first video you linked are from later seasons, the one with the shibari snakes (yes, I will call it that) the sole exception, but one that the guy from the video notes is further expanded in later seasons. So, maybe I will have to change my unpopular opinion to “the monogatari season comes off as so sexist, I had to drop it”, but arguments like “the fanservice does indeed have narrative value” or “the women all simp for Araragi and can’t fend for themselves because it’s a harem” don't really defend the case of it not coming of as sexist. Nonetheless, I really liked the part about humanizing a female character through the flipping of a skirt, so thanks for sharing. Your second vid had a spoiler warning in the beginning so I refrained from watching, sorry :). I watched the two first parts back when I was 16/17, I do intend to watch it to completion one day.
- Again, I agree that it’s up to interpretation if he truly has a romantic crush on Gon, only stating that I lean towards romantic. I don’t agree with your statement about the shinjuu thing though. I know that Killua doesn’t mean he will kill himself & Gon or something. He tells Meleoron that if Gon fight Pitou, worst case scenario being that Gon will die, he will die with Gon. So Killua clearly says that he is prepared to die with Gon, using the term Shinjuu, which has the subtext of being a lovers suicide. Google the word. All the translations contain exact that. And it’s not like there aren’t any other words to use to refer to dying with someone, or being prepared to die with someone either. A few chapters/episodes later, Ikalgo comes to the conclusion that Killua and the rest are intending to die with Gon. Ikalgo does not use the word shinjuu here. He says 共に死ぬ (tomo ni shinu) which means literally “(to) die together”. There is no subtext here. Why would Killua use a word with clear romantic subtext, while Ikalgo would not? That would imply that, for Killua, this act means something more. Togashi chose to make a distinction. I get that the “you are light” scene doesn’t persé have to be romantic. Gon is reassuring Killua since he feels guilty for leaving Kite. Killua is basically blinded by his optimism in contrast to his own pessimism. But, if you add all the little scenes like this up. Killua expressing that he is the one that is thankful for meeting the other, him later questioning in the “you are light” scene if it’s okay that he will stay by his side, expressing his want to stay with him always, using the word shinjuu when telling another character that he is willing to die with him, following Gon and his date around when he is vulnerable (nen-less) and Killua yelling a “who the hell are you” when Palm comes up looking all nice, the Palm scene where Killua is crying saying that he can't do anything to help Gon and Palm reassuring him that he's the most important person to Gon. Now, imagine if Killua were a female character, doing allll the same things, do you think the opinion of Killua having a crush on Gon would still be regarded as such an unpopular (outrageous) one?

First of all, sorry for spoiling Kizumonogatari for you. I don't want to argue anymore. If you think Monogatari is sexist, you're free to skip it. However, if you ever decide to give it another shot, try to understand the deeper meaning behind the show rather than just shoving it off as some cheap harem with the sole purpose of fan service. I'm sure you'll love it.

I did look into it. As I stated before, the meaning behind the sentences can be implied in many ways. I'll link clips of the scenes referred below. Just using the word shinjuu once doesn't prove that Killua wanted to die with Gon as his lover. It could also mean he didn't wanted to abandon Gon which will lead to their death. The scenario would be quite similar to shinjuu. Same with the "You are light" scene. Also if you don't remember, Palm is mentally unstable. She tried to kill Gon many times. Plus Gon was Nen-less at the time. So it's pretty obvious that Killua would spy on Gon so that he remains safe. Also just to clarify, I don't have any problems with Gon and Killua being a couple. It's just that reaching to the conclusion based on just a few instances makes no sense for me.

Okay, fair. I will try the monogatari series again some day! Kizumonogatari looks awesome. Regarding HxH: you have your opinions, I have mine. Think the general consensus is: you think I read too much into it, I think you read too less hahaha. And I want to clarify: thinking that Killua has a crush on Gon, does not mean I think of them as a couple. That one has a crush on the other does not mean it would automatically work out or something, I don't think Gon reciprocates those feelings. It also does not devalue their friendship, you can have a deep friendship with a crush, or someone you used to crush on, or someone that was first just a friend but that you develop a crush on. I do however think their friendship is quite toxic, but that isn't an unpopular opinion.
Mar 25, 2021 7:52 AM
Jul 2018
mijnster said:
PiyushSan said:

Okay, fair. I will try the monogatari series again some day! Kizumonogatari looks awesome. Regarding HxH: you have your opinions, I have mine. Think the general consensus is: you think I read too much into it, I think you read too less hahaha. And I want to clarify: thinking that Killua has a crush on Gon, does not mean I think of them as a couple. That one has a crush on the other does not mean it would automatically work out or something, I don't think Gon reciprocates those feelings. It also does not devalue their friendship, you can have a deep friendship with a crush, or someone you used to crush on, or someone that was first just a friend but that you develop a crush on. I do however think their friendship is quite toxic, but that isn't an unpopular opinion.

I'm glad we could come to some sort of conclusion. Let's not drag this anymore. Everyone has different opinions. And good luck watching Monogatari series!
Mar 25, 2021 8:17 AM

Feb 2019
3099 said:
Got loads of them.

H-A-M-M-Y said:
1) Your Name is overrated.

Vanoi said:

- Shinkai movies are overrated and aren't good. Namely: Your Name, Weathering with You, A Garden of Words, etc.

HappyCocoa said:

Kimi no na Wa is overrated.

Mmm.. Are you sure its an unpopular opinion?

CakeMan-kun said:
whenever someone says "unpopular opinion" they just state a popular opinion

I have to agree with you
Sakuta002766Mar 25, 2021 8:46 AM
Mar 25, 2021 8:39 AM
Jan 2021
Pokemon is most overrated anime ever and Beyblade.
It has many ultra annowing characters. The main hero has no improvement throughout the series.
Underrated anime openings-
1 Valvarave the liberator opening
2 Re creators
3 Guilty crown
Mar 25, 2021 8:44 AM

Feb 2020
Oh let me share some of my unpopular and useless opinions:

Ishuzoku Reviewers is a 10 in every aspect.
Kimi no na Wa is overrated.
Kokoro Connect is the worst romance in history.
LoveLive Nijigasaki is WAY better than Aquors.
Madoka Magica is overrated.
Monster is BORIIIIIIIING.
Re:Zero s1 is WAY better than s2.
School Days is not bad at all.
I actually enjoyed watching Suzumiya Haruhi endless eight.
Yosuga no Sora is pretty good.
Mar 25, 2021 8:56 AM

Jan 2020
CrowGR said:
Whatever2001 said:
I hate the avatar the last air bender fandom. Bunch of american kids who watch shitty american cartoons, adults who value nostalgia too much, snobs who think everyone must like that bland, mediocre, children's show which they believe is targeted towards adults because genocide and war. They think its better than any 'cringy anime'.

I agree with this so much. The fandom of ATLA is so toxic and annoying. "Avatar is better than most anime lul" "Avatar is too deep and mature to be considered as children's cartoon"

I think those toxic fans forgot this is originally a kids show.
Mar 25, 2021 9:00 AM

Jan 2020
Sakuta002766 said:
3099 said:
Got loads of them.

Mmm.. Are you sure its an unpopular opinion?

Check youtube & social media.
Kimi no Na wa blew up and everybody gave it 10s and 9s.
Even the youtube videos related to Kimi no Na wa have millions of views.
Feels kinda stupid since it wasn't that great of a movie anyways.

3099Mar 25, 2021 9:07 AM
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

» If MAL didn't exist

Alpha_1_Zero - 3 hours ago

31 by Morphun »»
2 seconds ago

» Is watching a show for the cute girl weird?

fallout45 - Apr 25

39 by Dauphine »»
25 seconds ago

» If your favorite anime exploded in popularity to the point that everyone in socmed talks about it, would you like it or not?

Rinrinka - 4 hours ago

19 by Dauphine »»
3 minutes ago

» Has anyone noticed how sequel bias is an anime only thing?

APolygons2 - 2 hours ago

26 by APolygons2 »»
3 minutes ago

» Guys I did it!

TsutanaiFuun - Yesterday

30 by Nemo_Niemand »»
4 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.