Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 20, 2021 7:28 PM
Jan 2021
So I know most people won't care, but I like complaining and I have no friends.

I know Todoroki hates Endeavor (rightfully so), but I want to acknowledge how messed up what his mom did was. Just because is dad is a worse person I don't think Todoroki should just blame his dad for his mom POURING BOILING WATER on his face. No matter how bad your circumstances are you should never take out your frustrations on a kid.

Now don't think I like Endeavor though, he's an abusive father and husband and a huge asshole. My dad wasn't nearly as bad as Endeavor and I still won't talk to him when he reaches out to me. I hate Endeavor, I just also don't think his mom deserves to have no blame
Mar 20, 2021 9:24 PM
Jan 2021
All your right she wasn't the perfect person out there but she was kind and supportive towards shoto as shown in flashbacks and shoto loved her ...she poured the water because she hated him using his left side(endeavours inherited quirk) and that's also why he stopped using it even so as i said she wasn't perfect...But in all honesty I actually like/am neutral about endeavour I mean the guy is trying to be a good hero afterall even though his methods are different but still you'll get a better understanding of shotos family in later seasons
Thx
Mar 20, 2021 9:28 PM

Jan 2020
Now that I think of it, No one talks about his mom

Mar 21, 2021 4:13 AM
Aug 2020
Solace546 said:

I know Todoroki hates Endeavor (rightfully so), but I want to acknowledge how messed up what his mom did was. Just because is dad is a worse person I don't think Todoroki should just blame his dad for his mom POURING BOILING WATER on his face. No matter how bad your circumstances are you should never take out your frustrations on a kid.

Now don't think I like Endeavor though, he's an abusive father and husband and a huge asshole. My dad wasn't nearly as bad as Endeavor and I still won't talk to him when he reaches out to me. I hate Endeavor, I just also don't think his mom deserves to have no blame
I agree, and I wish they addressed it. Of course she’s mentally ill, but she still poured boiling water on her son’s face because she doesn’t like her husband. I don’t even know how Todoroki isn’t mentally traumatised by that either, he was a young child, and his mother attacked him, but somehow he understood that it was Endeavour’s fault.
Mar 21, 2021 7:26 AM
Jul 2018
RoyalGodyssey said:
Solace546 said:

I agree, and I wish they addressed it. Of course she’s mentally ill, but she still poured boiling water on her son’s face because she doesn’t like her husband. I don’t even know how Todoroki isn’t mentally traumatised by that either, he was a young child, and his mother attacked him, but somehow he understood that it was Endeavour’s fault.

Ikr but still both his parents are kinda messed up
And Endeavour at the end of season 4 is not the bad and he’s tryna change so I don’t rlly hate Endeavour anymore but in season 2 he’s messed up
removed-userMar 21, 2021 7:30 AM
Mar 24, 2021 12:52 PM
Jan 2021
Solace546 said:

I was actually just thinking about this, both of them are not good parents in all honesty. Both of them have hurt todoroki physically or mentally. He shouldn't have forgave her that easily though. I dislike Endeavour a lot more but they're both at fault.
Mar 24, 2021 12:52 PM
Jan 2021
Solace546 said:

I was actually just thinking about this, both of them are not good parents in all honesty. Both of them have hurt todoroki physically or mentally. He shouldn't have forgave her that easily though. I dislike Endeavour a lot more but they're both at fault.
Mar 31, 2021 4:16 AM

May 2017
I was also thinking about this. However, the main difference is, that Endeavor was fully aware and planning all of this actions, while his mom was clearly suffering psychological problems. That does not justify what she did of course, but she and her husband are on a completely different level imo.
Apr 4, 2021 11:28 PM
Feb 2021
You should read the manga if you want to know more about the mother
Oct 6, 2021 6:56 AM

May 2021
Solace546 said:

RoyalGodyssey said:

Of course Todoroki is mentally traumatized, just because he puts on a brave face doesn't mean he isn't, it's clear just by the way he behaves that he's been mentally fucked up, that said, it does not mean he can't tell who's at fault, what his mom did to him was obviously terrible and wrong (and I'm sure Todoroki knows that), but that was one thing, Endeavor repeatedly isolated, manipulated, and beat him, so however bad his mom's actions were, most of the trauma comes from Endeavor
What debating with DigiCat is like according to APolygons2
That's why I thought a discussion would be pointless. It doesn't feel like a debate. It feels like I'm playing chess and somehow lose to an uno reverse card after loosing all my monopoly money lol

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2017

192 by TheStarscream759 »»
May 1, 1:37 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2017

577 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 30, 6:48 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 5, 2017

198 by OodleString »»
Apr 29, 11:06 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 27, 2017

238 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 18, 4:43 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 20, 2017

194 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 18, 3:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.