Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Quintessential Quintuplets
Available on Manga Store
New
Mar 11, 2021 8:41 PM
May 2020
Is it just me or did Ichika’s personality completely changed after episode 8? Her personality changed from being a caring sister to a antagonist in a span of a couple episode.
Mar 11, 2021 8:49 PM

Jan 2020
Yeah I guess lol. But I think the build up on why she's doing that makes enough sense though

Mar 11, 2021 8:53 PM
Jun 2013
I really feel like it is her desperation showing at this point. When when she's walking along the bridge with Fuutarou and she's screaming in her own head for him not to talk about the other girls and just focus on the moment with her, you can really feel how truly desperate she is. It's like she breaks and just goes after the first opportunity that presents itself, regardless of the the consequences, because she can literally see no other way forward.

Is it dishonest? Yes and it seems very clear that Ichika knows it, but I really don't believe what she did was done with intentional malicious intent. Just the actions of a truly desperate individual.

I'm in Ichika's camp, so my opinion might be a little biased. Plus I haven't read any of the manga, so maybe it's portrayed more significantly there.
Mar 11, 2021 9:14 PM
Jun 2020
In a way, I felt Ichika was the most realistic. Falling deeply in love and wanting them for yourself and she portrayed that in these few eps. I can see why people started to hate her though, but can you really blame her? Love does make one blind and that's why I regard the acts of desperation as something more worthful.
Mar 11, 2021 9:15 PM

Jul 2015
Would rather call it "regression".
We are currently on the stage where all girls are aware that they love Futarou and are starting to make efforts one way or the other. Ichika is playing dirty and turned into complete bitch.

Mar 11, 2021 11:53 PM

Oct 2019
paul_truong said:
Is it just me or did Ichika’s personality completely changed after episode 8? Her personality changed from being a caring sister to a antagonist in a span of a couple episode.

It’s not just you.
The author really did that massive shift in her character.
Nobody really liked that in the manga either because it felt disconnected with the character trait shown so far. It was pretty much an asspull.
The author really did dirty on her for no reason.
Mar 12, 2021 4:34 AM
May 2020
Piromysl said:
We are currently on the stage where all girls are aware that they love Futarou and are starting to make efforts one way or the other. Ichika is playing dirty and turned into complete bitch.

See, that's my problem with the anime is how the author turned Ichika into playing dirty. It feels like a battle royale right now, and everything is in the hands of the author. And Ichika was the first unlucky person to get cut off by the author. They used a lousy backstory to cover up this massive disconnect in her personality. But as the other people have said, it might be because of desperation. But if she was so desperate in the first place, why didn't she commit to Fuutaro earlier.
Mar 12, 2021 4:54 AM

Jul 2015
paul_truong said:
Piromysl said:

See, that's my problem with the anime is how the author turned Ichika into playing dirty. It feels like a battle royale right now, and everything is in the hands of the author. And Ichika was the first unlucky person to get cut off by the author. They used a lousy backstory to cover up this massive disconnect in her personality. But as the other people have said, it might be because of desperation. But if she was so desperate in the first place, why didn't she commit to Fuutaro earlier.

According to the nest episode PV, it's going to be titled "Sister fight part 1", so...

Mar 12, 2021 6:13 AM
Feb 2021
Tbh she starting to feel like a antagonist lol
Mar 13, 2021 7:23 PM
Nov 2011
Ichika was my very first favorite out of them all. I really like her and futaro's relationship alot and seeing it get to this point really added some tension. This whole season has been great and filled with events but this just adds to it. The rifts between these sisters are interesting and I for one feel bad for Ichika since she needs another way to convey her feelings. She is a strong character but even she needs a rock to lean on.
Mar 14, 2021 11:35 AM
Jul 2020
paul_truong said:

yeah she went from S1 eren to S4 eren asap
Mar 17, 2021 10:11 PM
Nov 2020
It's really is some of the worst character direction I've seen in a while, it doesn't make any sense.
Mar 18, 2021 3:17 PM

May 2018
If that is what the author wants then nothing can be done. Now its come to this stage, Ichika has really became dislikable and not worth ranking within the sisters

"Don't give up after failing just twice.
We'll be able to do it next time.
Failure is the stepping stone to success."

Mar 18, 2021 3:32 PM
May 2020
manga readers hated the majority of the ending of the manga because of this. I still can't believe how dirty they did some of the characters, ichika and itsuki in particular. ichika's is the worst, she got turned into a villain just for drama purposes.

like really, she's gonna go from the big sister in the group, to continually sabotaging the sister she was the closest to. I loved ichika pre-grandpa arc aswell, so it was a shame to see her be butchered like this, but oh well
Mar 18, 2021 3:58 PM
Oct 2020
Personally, I like the way they took Ichika's character. She's not my personal favourite, I used to rank her under Nino back when Nino was dislikeable. But this second season really opened my eyes to her. She made opportunities for her sisters to be able to make a move on Fuutarou without really caring for what she herself wanted, despite how much those choices hurt her. Even when she actually had the chance to confess to Fuutarou about her feelings, she instead let Nino go in her steed. Now, even if it's rather indirect, she's finally doing what she wants. Berrade her all you want--she's doing what the other girls (save for Nino) haven't. And y'know what? I respect her for it.
Mar 18, 2021 4:02 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Ichika had a lot of cute scenes with fuutaro before. But at this point with her playing dirty, she's at the bottom of the list to me. Used to be yotsuba, but she moved up with these past couple episodes. I'm indifferent towards itsuki and she can take third place. Miku's in close second but nino still leads in #1 for being best girl ermergerd.

Now does ichika have any character development from this point? I don't know, I stopped reading at the bell scene so all this is new to me. But I would hope so, it would suck if it all ended with her being a scheming manipulative sly fox lol

NYANPASU
5700XT

More topics from this board

Poll: » Endings

Moppit - Apr 25

17 by Moppit »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome ∬ Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

AZY-sama - Jan 28, 2021

132 by Sporecraft »»
Apr 13, 3:02 PM

» 2 year later and I still don't understand the miku hype

PointlessSmith - Apr 5, 2021

31 by 7samy »»
Mar 5, 2:43 PM

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome ∬ Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jan 21, 2021

143 by Yawuz_707 »»
Feb 16, 1:32 AM

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome ∬ Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Mar 25, 2021

260 by Henk-Devries »»
Feb 13, 5:11 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.