New
Mar 11, 2021 3:12 AM
Apr 2020
Why do people hate this arc so much?
Mar 11, 2021 3:43 AM
Jan 2021
a0t3a said:
It's cuz it's anime original and therefore doesn't actually matter for the main story. I mean I don't hate it, but it's definitely forgettable following the Sister's arc😂
Mar 11, 2021 3:54 AM
Apr 2020
Solace546 said:
a0t3a said:
It's cuz it's anime original and therefore doesn't actually matter for the main story. I mean I don't hate it, but it's definitely forgettable following the Sister's arc😂

It really isn't if you cut the whole arc out the shift from season 2 misaka and season 3 misaka is a bit jarring.
Mar 11, 2021 5:24 AM
Jan 2021
a0t3a said:
Solace546 said:

It really isn't if you cut the whole arc out the shift from season 2 misaka and season 3 misaka is a bit jarring.
that's fair, like I said I don't hate it. Sisters is just my favorite arc so I mostly remember S for it. But I do like Silent Party too and I'd definitely watch the whole season if I rewatched it.

I just meant that normally people hate any arcs that aren't manga canon
Mar 11, 2021 10:42 AM
Oct 2020
Silent Party is great but like you cannot follow up from the sister's arc which I believe is just peak Railgun (I haven't seen T yet haha)
Mar 11, 2021 11:59 AM
Apr 2020
TomPalm said:
Silent Party is great but like you cannot follow up from the sister's arc which I believe is just peak Railgun (I haven't seen T yet haha)

I quit dislike the sisters arc like it's good most of the time but the existence of touma just fcks it up he is literally one of the worst characters in all of fiction
Mar 11, 2021 12:09 PM
Oct 2020
a0t3a said:
TomPalm said:

I quit dislike the sisters arc like it's good most of the time but the existence of touma just fcks it up he is literally one of the worst characters in all of fiction

If you don't mind me asking why do you hate him so much?
Mar 11, 2021 12:11 PM
Jul 2018
a0t3a said:
TomPalm said:

heresy. Anyway skip skip skip skip skip skip skip skip skip skip skip skip skip skip skip skip anime only arc that is trash. I also don't understand why people hate Touma. He isn't bad even in the anime even though he is complete trash compared to his LN counterpart.
Mar 11, 2021 7:09 PM
Apr 2020

I quit dislike the sisters arc like it's good most of the time but the existence of touma just fcks it up he is literally one of the worst characters in all of fiction[/quote]

If you don't mind me asking why do you hate him so much?[/quote]

He's extremely boring has no development or depth we know practically nothing about him besides he has bad luck and all the women love him cause he saved them which doesn't make sense. He turns misaka into a whiny blushy little girl whenever he's on screen and he's just a plain boring character
Mar 11, 2021 7:11 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
It's not bad per say, but it comes right after what is probably the best adapted story of the raildex universe that is the sisters arc. So naturally whatever is going to come right after it is going to pale immensely in comparison lol. Only thing that comes close to it is the daihasai festival arc from railgun T and even that I still doesn't live up to it

NYANPASU
5700XT

Mar 11, 2021 7:11 PM
Apr 2020
Xsaderr said:
a0t3a said:

heresy. Anyway skip skip skip skip skip skip skip skip skip skip skip skip skip skip skip skip anime only arc that is trash. I also don't understand why people hate Touma. He isn't bad even in the anime even though he is complete trash compared to his LN counterpart.

He's an underdeveloped love interest who swoops in and turns the main character into a blushy little b!tch that's probably why people myself included hate him
Mar 11, 2021 9:26 PM

Feb 2020
I personally really didn't enjoy this arc, especially compared to the Sister's arc which was amazing, the things that I didn't like about this arc was that I didn't like Febri, The story wasn't interesting to me and I was bored to the point where I wanted to skip the arc, but I didn't skip it, some things I liked during the Silent Party arc was the animation, Misaka's space railgun in the last episode, and the fight scene with Kongou, Wannai, and Awatsuki in the last episode.
Mar 11, 2021 11:25 PM
Oct 2020
a0t3a said:

If you don't mind me asking why do you hate him so much?[/quote]

He's extremely boring has no development or depth we know practically nothing about him besides he has bad luck and all the women love him cause he saved them which doesn't make sense. He turns misaka into a whiny blushy little girl whenever he's on screen and he's just a plain boring character[/quote]

Ehhh I can kinda see it, I think Touma does get quite interesting in Index 2 but I do agree he just seems very average up until that point. Plus Accelerator and Misaka are much better protagonists imo as they have much more depth. And hey for your last point, I personally find that cute for Misaka lmao but I can see why you wouldn't like it
Mar 11, 2021 11:26 PM
Oct 2020
TheEqualizer said:
I personally really didn't enjoy this arc, especially compared to the Sister's arc which was amazing, the things that I didn't like about this arc was that I didn't like Febri, The story wasn't interesting to me and I was bored to the point where I wanted to skip the arc, but I didn't skip it, some things I liked during the Silent Party arc was the animation, Misaka's space railgun in the last episode, and the fight scene with Kongou, Wannai, and Awatsuki in the last episode.

Febri is the worst thing to happen to Raildex, that little shit makes me seethe, I can see why you'd wanna skip this arc especially after how good the previous one was, the final episodes kinda make up for it but a lot of the time it does just feel like a wast of episodes lmao
Mar 11, 2021 11:43 PM
Apr 2020
TheEqualizer said:

Imo i feel like febri served as a good plot device and really liked her
Mar 12, 2021 12:05 AM
Jul 2018
TomPalm said:
TheEqualizer said:

Febri is the worst thing to happen to Raildex, that little shit makes me seethe, I can see why you'd wanna skip this arc especially after how good the previous one was, the final episodes kinda make up for it but a lot of the time it does just feel like a wast of episodes lmao
that would be Therestina Kihara (who isnt worthy of the Kihara name) or those horrendous things in GT3 (wtf Kamachi). Febri isnt as bad as them imo. also Touma has far more depth than Accelerator and Misaka but the anime is a LN adaptation so no monologues.
removed-userMar 12, 2021 12:16 AM
Mar 12, 2021 1:47 AM
Oct 2020
Xsaderr said:
TomPalm said:

that would be Therestina Kihara (who isnt worthy of the Kihara name) or those horrendous things in GT3 (wtf Kamachi). Febri isnt as bad as them imo. also Touma has far more depth than Accelerator and Misaka but the anime is a LN adaptation so no monologues.

OK I legitimately forgot about her I'm not gonna lie. And I can't say about the LNs lmao but I definitely do see some large potential in his character
May 15, 2021 12:43 PM
Apr 2020
And also silent party doesn't require the characters to rely on plot convince to properly move forward the plot, febri would have found misaka even if she didn't meet them in the flower bed, unlike in the sister arc the whole story requires misaka to walk past this oh so insignificant ally to hear some oh so insignificant goons talking about what they will do to an oh so defenseless girl and wanting to protect her. Without misaka hearing them in the ally half of this arc wouldn't exist, but if they didn't find febri or kongu didn't try and confront what's his name the plot would have still progressed and we would have the exact same conclusion but different ways they got there
Jun 2, 2021 11:04 AM
Nov 2017
a0t3a said:
Xsaderr said:

He's an underdeveloped love interest who swoops in and turns the main character into a blushy little b!tch that's probably why people myself included hate him

You do realize he's the actual main character and misaka is the side character and love interest who got her own spinoff.
Jun 2, 2021 11:57 PM
Apr 2020
KursedArcana said:
a0t3a said:

You do realize he's the actual main character and misaka is the side character and love interest who got her own spinoff.

You do also realize that this is misakas series, so why is she never the main character in like any arc besides silent part and season one? Three out of the 6 arcs (dream rankers arcs will count as one) in this show misaka of the main character, the other three were taken by touma twice, the scavengers, frenda and saten, and misaki, the problem isn't that touma is the mc in index its that he is in railgun. And that he's also in index an underdeveloped whiney loser
Jun 3, 2021 8:43 AM
Nov 2017
a0t3a said:
KursedArcana said:

You do also realize that this is misakas series, so why is she never the main character in like any arc besides silent part and season one? Three out of the 6 arcs (dream rankers arcs will count as one) in this show misaka of the main character, the other three were taken by touma twice, the scavengers, frenda and saten, and misaki, the problem isn't that touma is the mc in index its that he is in railgun. And that he's also in index an underdeveloped whiney loser

A side character is still a side character in someone else's story. It's not a seperate world and they're important to eachother. Obviously he's going to appear. All his appearances but Diahsei were already written stories. Misaka does plenty in every arc, just because she doesn't star in every scene or fight doesn't make it less of her spinoff. She's already one of the strongest characters in the city, a lot of her development is internal and requires her to change her views and allow other people to help. For example touma and begrudgingly misaki

A good story has a good supporting cast,hence misaka being popular enough to have a spinoff in the first place. and you're assessment of touma is so far off its not even worth addressing. You're obviously just trying to start something and I'm not interested in taking your bait so I'm done interacting with you
Jun 3, 2021 10:40 AM
Apr 2020
KursedArcana said:
a0t3a said:

A side character is still a side character in someone else's story. It's not a seperate world and they're important to eachother. Obviously he's going to appear. All his appearances but Diahsei were already written stories. Misaka does plenty in every arc, just because she doesn't star in every scene or fight doesn't make it less of her spinoff. She's already one of the strongest characters in the city, a lot of her development is internal and requires her to change her views and allow other people to help. For example touma and begrudgingly misaki

A good story has a good supporting cast,hence misaka being popular enough to have a spinoff in the first place. and you're assessment of touma is so far off its not even worth addressing. You're obviously just trying to start something and I'm not interested in taking your bait so I'm done interacting with you

Why does everyone on this site think everyone with a different opinion is trying to "bait" them?😑and her "development" in the sisters arc having touma help is not even a change of her views, they just turned her into a blushy b!tch cause they needed touma to be the hero of the arc.
And her accepting help from Misaki seems so stupid and nonsensical without silent party
Sep 1, 2021 3:30 PM

Nov 2019
a0t3a said:

Why does everyone on this site think everyone with a different opinion is trying to "bait" them?😑and her "development" in the sisters arc having touma help is not even a change of her views, they just turned her into a blushy b!tch cause they needed touma to be the hero of the arc.
And her accepting help from Misaki seems so stupid and nonsensical without silent party

I really don't want to join this weird convo, but Misaka just let Misaki do her own thing as she joins her with the common goal of protecting the sisters. Misaka goes solo, but she doesn't totally inhibit other competent people from helping. Sister's arc was different because she didn't want anyone to get involved of her "sin".

And she "teamed" up before events of Railgun and Index.

She still does her own thing mostly.

Sorry, Silent Party sucks and even the creators know it. Np if you like it, none of my business.
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2013

242 by OniNori »»
Apr 8, 11:27 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2013

371 by proxima16 »»
Jan 25, 3:27 AM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2013

119 by WELLERM »»
Nov 29, 2023 5:08 AM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2013

99 by WELLERM »»

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2013

125 by WELLERM »»
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.