Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 8, 2021 12:55 AM
Feb 2021
Can you convince me to watch this anime?
Mar 8, 2021 2:25 AM
Apr 2020
RayKunn said:

No, I can't you should just watch it and not be a pussy
Mar 8, 2021 2:26 AM
Jul 2018
Well, I can mention a few things that might grab your attention based on your profile. But first, I should say: Toaru Kagaku no Railgun is a spin-off of the main series, Toaru Majutsu no Index. You should watch both, but you can start with either one. Anyway:

1. I see that you like Boku no Hero Academia. This series takes place in a school setting with students in who have unique powers rooted in science, so that may interest you. Your liking towards Mob Psycho 100 may also help here, too.

2. This series has a bit of fanservice, but I see that you like No Game No Life and Highschool of the Dead, so I'm assuming it's not a problem for you, or that you may even like fanservice. Railgun has a lot less than Index, though.

3. I see that you're currently watching Steins;Gate, if you're liking the science elements of that, Railgun also has a lot of involvement in science (obviously), so that's helpful.

4. You don't seem to be shy of slice of life anime or anime with some slice of life elements in them. Both Index and Railgun have some slice of life moments in them, so that shouldn't turn you away from it.
Mar 8, 2021 2:27 AM
Jul 2018
a0t3a said:
RayKunn said:

Some people have lives, not everybody has the time to start any anime without knowing if they'll like it or not.
Mar 8, 2021 2:30 AM
Apr 2020
Chiribei said:
a0t3a said:

Some people have lives, not everybody has the time to start any anime without knowing if they'll like it or not.

That's interesting
Mar 8, 2021 2:30 AM
Dec 2013
Bruh it’s a lot deeper than most people think. I do really like the characters the show over all is a vibe fam
Mar 8, 2021 2:55 AM
Feb 2021
Chiribei said:
Well, I can mention a few things that might grab your attention based on your profile. But first, I should say: Toaru Kagaku no Railgun is a spin-off of the main series, Toaru Majutsu no Index. You should watch both, but you can start with either one. Anyway:

1. I see that you like Boku no Hero Academia. This series takes place in a school setting with students in who have unique powers rooted in science, so that may interest you. Your liking towards Mob Psycho 100 may also help here, too.

2. This series has a bit of fanservice, but I see that you like No Game No Life and Highschool of the Dead, so I'm assuming it's not a problem for you, or that you may even like fanservice. Railgun has a lot less than Index, though.

3. I see that you're currently watching Steins;Gate, if you're liking the science elements of that, Railgun also has a lot of involvement in science (obviously), so that's helpful.

4. You don't seem to be shy of slice of life anime or anime with some slice of life elements in them. Both Index and Railgun have some slice of life moments in them, so that shouldn't turn you away from it.
thank you so much. You're such a great fellow otaku.
Mar 8, 2021 3:02 AM

Jan 2021
go ahead if you want to. i'd recommend it.
if you're going to watch index as well, i'd read the light novels as the anime majorly fucked up the adaptation.
"不幸だ!" - Kamijou Touma
Check out my anime list by clicking here (it's public now).

Mar 8, 2021 5:20 AM
Jan 2021
I'd say yes, for the Railgun series itself though. I am currently rewatching the whole franchise and Railgun, in my opinion, is way better than Index (the main story) in terms of story and characters. So it's kind of a dilemma that you have to watch them as a whole so you can pick up some details as you proceed to the sequels.

The selling point of this anime, for me, is it's unique to a certain degree. Most action anime revolve around getting strong to overcome an enemy. In this one, MC is already one of the strongest, and the challenges she faces are mostly on her character. If you're into that, you'll definitely like this.
Mar 8, 2021 6:12 AM
Jul 2018
Do what you want but this is the best order to watch the toaru series: Railgun>Index>Railgun S>Accelerator>Index II>Index Movie>Railgun T>Index III.
Mar 8, 2021 10:20 AM

May 2020
I actually advise you skip this season of Railgun and go directly to Railgun S because the filler arc is mid at best and the fanservice is horrendous in the first particular season. Railgun S is possibly one of the best arcs I’ve ever seen in my life because it has a bigger story rather than just action. The world building is also really nice and most of the characters are interesting and unique even if not 3-D. I’ve rewatched Railgun S 2 weeks ago and also read the manga and I say that it gets even better with context.

signature by
nightshadekait
Mar 8, 2021 4:05 PM
Jun 2020
RayKunn said:

I did not think I would like Railgun, however I was wrong. You'll find a decent storyline that's mainly driven by the character growth as opposed to anything else. The characters are pretty enjoyable to watch as they're all well thought out personality wise.

It's a decent spin off, but from what I've seen so far (Index I-II, Railgun I) it isn't as good as the parent. Still worth a watch thought, IMO.
Apr 23, 2021 1:46 AM
Jan 2021
RayKunn said:

I know this is kinda late but please watch this video this is my reason why i love this series so much.....
https://youtu.be/YTJKfvZmDUM
Nov 10, 2022 5:43 PM

Jul 2021
removed-user said:

I know I am very late to this, But thanks to this detailed information, I will give this series a try.
Feb 18, 2023 9:30 PM

Jul 2019
removed-user said:
Do what you want but this is the best order to watch the toaru series: Railgun>Index>Railgun S>Accelerator>Index II>Index Movie>Railgun T>Index III.
This is what i was looking for, thanks.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

UnknownFact - Jan 2, 2010

169 by StateofOhayo »»
Apr 23, 10:51 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

throwaway513846 - Dec 25, 2009

224 by StateofOhayo »»
Apr 23, 10:13 PM

» Do you like Kuroko’s horniness, or do you think it’s annoying?

SwagsOnB - Oct 2, 2023

31 by waalex11 »»
Mar 13, 5:11 PM

Poll: » Do you like Toaru Kagaku no Railgun?

SpinStudios - Oct 25, 2021

18 by waalex11 »»
Mar 13, 5:08 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Proselyt - Jan 29, 2010

164 by TheAncientOne »»
Feb 25, 9:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.