Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 10, 2022 10:50 PM

Jul 2016
Probably the worst BL I have watched so far. The first few minutes before the sudden time-skip being the only decent part.

Also imagine being so emotionally unstable you decide to commit suicide just because the guy you like didn't stick to a promise you both made when you were fucking toddlers. Sakurako's character was a mistake.
Aug 30, 2022 11:27 AM
Jul 2022
I LOVED IT 1000/10
Sep 4, 2022 12:20 PM
Aug 2022
too quick, great animation tho
Sep 24, 2022 12:02 AM
Jan 2019
I'm crying that was such an emotional movie <3
Oct 1, 2022 12:45 PM
Mar 2021
too much gay in my opinion
Nov 19, 2022 8:51 AM
Nov 2022
i enjoyed this movie a lot i have watched it so many times that i have lost count it makes me cry tears of joy and sadness i won't spoil it but it is a must watch if you like romance
Dec 25, 2022 3:46 PM
Nov 2022
I never cried this much of happines :)
Apr 11, 2023 1:37 AM
Dec 2020
Does anyone else think they should make a sequel about Eri and Suzu relationship
Apr 30, 2023 9:51 PM
Mar 2021
made me bawl my eyes out T0T
May 17, 2023 1:06 AM
Dec 2020
I love this move too much. I watch it every time I need comfort.
Jun 15, 2023 3:25 AM
Jun 2023
Grafica stupenda, storia molto dolce e atmosfera stupenda.
Jul 6, 2023 1:18 AM

Dec 2015
not sure why im watching this lol..
Jul 7, 2023 9:03 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Yo wtf Matsuoka voiced Mio? Oml im died inside no wonder it's sound very familiar XD

Not so surprising at the end by how the rating conserve for this. Because yep if you need bl sweet movie, with not so complicate story telling and plot, Umibe no Stranger shall be the good answer. I also do respect the drama happen and the backstory of the two mc. They both shared their problem and manage to concile it by the face of the sea.

However, sorry if this can trigger madness for some people, also don't know if this also been discussed among this section of reply. But i do concern by how Mio fell for Shun, its kind of like Shun grooming poor Mio by the seaside, no bad intentions. Because i've seen Mio having a change of his mother figure by Shun and i understand it as non-genuine...

All in all this is unexpectedly decent, even if its not quite my cup of coffee.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jul 11, 2023 2:22 AM
Aug 2021
I can't figure out why I can't appreciate the title of this movie. Either way, it was just fine.
Aug 3, 2023 10:19 PM
Nov 2022
I loved the artstyle and how the story depicts some real homosexual identity struggles. I only with it was longer!
Aug 3, 2023 10:29 PM

Feb 2021
Not the most avid BL consumer, in fact, this was my first BL. It wasn't groundbreaking but it was a breath of fresh air from the typical romance anime and it surely had some really wholesome parts.

I liked that they showed Shun's struggles before he came and settled on this island.

Mio and his mother's bond was honestly the best part of this movie fr. They were so fucking wholesome and precious.

Sakurako was a pretty good side character and her actions/thought process was very valid.

It was nice to see that in the end, they both were ready to face the world together.

The sex scene was pretty uncomfortable maybe cause this is my first BL but other than that I don't have much complaints. Overall, a decently good watch. 7/10 for me.

Aug 30, 2023 4:42 PM

Apr 2013
Mio and Shun are so cute <3

.·:*¨ 𝕾𝖊𝖙 𝕸𝖊 𝕱𝖗𝖊𝖊 - 𝕵𝖊𝖘𝖘𝖎𝖈𝖆 𝕵𝖚𝖓𝖌 ¨*:·. 𓆩♡𓆪
𝟬:𝟱𝟱 ㅇ──────────────── 𝟯:𝟮𝟲
↺¹ |◁ ▷| ⋮≡
Oct 26, 2023 12:04 AM

Sep 2014
I wanted to like this, but I feel like the pacing killed this thing for me. There's no real time spent on Mio and Shun before Mio leaves, and then he's IMMEDIATELY back, in what turns out to be a three year time skip, talking about how he came back for Shun, even though they apparently never talked and later on, it's found out that Shun is the first boy he ever fell for. There's so much to explore with Shun's insecurities and Mio realizing his bisexuality, their earlier friendship, and then their time together at the house. Like it felt weird when Mio was pushing for sex and talking about love, because there's no sense of time having passed.

It's a shame because I liked what was there a decent bit. I don't really watch BL stuff, this is my first now that I think about it, but Mio and Shun were cute together, I loved Shun's friend just going hard on him at every opportunity to embarrass him, the setting and visuals are nice, there's absolutely a good story here, but having it be only an hour movie, that then cuts off before what feels like an important part of the story of Shun going to deal with his family, it hurts the overall story. I know the manga is two parts, but seeing that it's been 3 years since this came out, I'm assuming we'll never get that sequel, so the story is incomplete.

Is there any other kinda mature, but relatively light-hearted, gay romance/slice of life story that does it better than this? I feel like I didn't get what I wanted out of this and now I want to find something that will.
Oct 26, 2023 1:30 PM
Mar 2022
An absolutely beautiful film. It portrays a gay relationship in such a positive way, even the small sex scene was done so well. I definitely recommend it.
Jan 27, 7:56 AM

Nov 2013
Visuals are eye-candy. Plot is mediocre at best IMO. Decided to watch it not knowing anything about the plot (found out it's BL anime while watching).

Boy likes another boy, they talk like 2 times, first guy is in love - the other guy is conflicted about gay relationship, this other guy leaves the island for three years, returns and is for some reason all in loooove and thirsty as hell!
Guy who started it all pretends their first meeting never happened even though the other is obviously gay now, leading to unnecessary and dragged out drama. And why in heck was it necessary to see those two experiencing first-time sex in detail??? Movie is about 52 minutes long only and it decided to spend time on that rather than developing characters. Mio falling in love made 0 sense especially considering the two apparently never talked to each other for three years and had a small chat few times prior to that; Shun pretending to be indifferent was lame and annoying as heck; addition of Sakurako made things even more annoying. It's like the movie didn't know how to present BL-relationship without all that BS and did it's best to make the movie AT LEAST 52 minutes long!

I'm straight but don't have anything against LGBT people - Just saying. Nevertheless, the movie IMO failed to develop characters, spent time on random BS and felt incredibly rushed overall. Anyways, disappointed.
Sigmar-UnberogenJan 27, 8:00 AM
Feb 23, 3:41 PM
Feb 2022
So many things happen in less than an hour.
Mar 1, 1:46 PM
Call me Oniichan

Jan 2007
Visually and artistically beautiful. The 2 boys were cute together. But I wish this movie was longer. It felt very rushed and there wasn't enough time to properly flesh out their relationship. And I don't like how the blonde guy is acting so cold, depress and apathetic for half of the show.
Overall a fun watch, but could be a lot better. The show is hard carried by its visuals and atmosphere.
6/10
BigBoyAdvanceMar 1, 2:04 PM
Mar 3, 8:31 PM

Sep 2021
This movie was super good! The visuals were absolutely stunning, I could not get over them. The plot took a bit to get used to since it’s super fast-paced, but I really liked it. Overall a great movie
Apr 4, 11:30 AM
Jun 2021
Romantic story of two guys on a pacific island.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Idk about you but I NEED A SECOUND MOVIE

LukeLippo - May 7, 2021

8 by passing_through »»
Dec 13, 2023 10:07 AM

» Why is this rated PG-13 if it has an explicit sex scene?

kari-ya - Sep 7, 2021

19 by Puppytay »»
Aug 14, 2023 9:12 AM

» I have a big doubt about Sakurako flashback :O

orlianime93 - Apr 11, 2022

8 by gulgamgug »»
Jun 23, 2022 10:27 PM

» Happy birthday chibana Mio

Sekainobaka - Dec 24, 2021

1 by cnsqwerty »»
Dec 27, 2021 9:25 PM

Poll: » Are you a gay? ( Men only )

PussyCats - Jul 3, 2021

31 by EuphAnime »»
Dec 2, 2021 10:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.