Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Feb 14, 2021 5:20 PM

May 2007
I know the second season isn't finished and no one knows just yet how many cours there will be, I hope there's at least 2.

The manga has been finished since last year, what is the likelihood that after this season that they will continue to animate the story?

I haven't been watching anime for some time and just recently decided to get back and watch a whole bunch that I was interested in because I got my anime itch back. I was pleasantly surprised at how good this particular series is, it's top class. Currently trying to figure out what I want to watch next, I'm thinking Promised Neverland, Irregular S2 (I don't like the fact that it took 6 years for this to get a second season), JoJo series (I got up to S1 of Stardust), Haikyuu series, SOA series and going back to Black Clover. Besides that I don't know what to watch because it seems like there hasn't been many highly rated shows the past few years but I'm aware a lot of the ratings on MAL are kinda "trolly".
Feb 15, 2021 4:51 AM
Jul 2019
There will most likely be a 3rd season. I read all the manga and there is a lot for a 3rd season.
Feb 15, 2021 4:05 PM
Oct 2020
Yeah, I really hope that a certain melon fruit character would make a tease At the second season finale. And end it with “See you at 3rd season”
Feb 16, 2021 12:51 PM
Jan 2021
I'd say it depends on the success of season 2. Beastars season 1 was a pretty big success and one year later studio Orange made a second season of Beastars.

If s2 is successful, then there's no reason not to. However, the competition this season is at its peak: Attack on Titan s4, Promised Neverland s2, Doctor Stone s2, ReZero s2 of s2 (lol), so chances of underperforming or even average viewership are likely.

Even if we got confirmation for season 3, it would take a while for the last two arcs to be adapted totalling almost 100 chapters combined compared to the 49 chapters adapted in s1.
Feb 17, 2021 7:02 AM

May 2007
I think I will end up reading the manga soon because I know I will get impatient and want to know what happens.

However, yeah this season is packed full of sequels to big franchises.
Feb 17, 2021 8:23 AM

Nov 2019
Not gonna lie, i think ending at season 2 might be for the best. As much as id like a season 3 because my favorite character has most of his story beats there, the final arc is sorta a mess. There are a couple of chapters that are excellent, but storywise, it just kinda goes all over the place. If they do make a season 3, there would be a lot of stuff to fix. Unless they go anime original.

What id like to see tho is an OVA for the world building stuff theyre skipping this season. Probably skipping cuz they havent been shown in the anime yet but the anime is still airing so there is still a chance theyd include them, but if not, an OVA for those would be nice.
Feb 18, 2021 12:44 AM
Jan 2019
Gosha32 said:
Not gonna lie, i think ending at season 2 might be for the best. As much as id like a season 3 because my favorite character has most of his story beats there, the final arc is sorta a mess. There are a couple of chapters that are excellent, but storywise, it just kinda goes all over the place. If they do make a season 3, there would be a lot of stuff to fix. Unless they go anime original.

What id like to see tho is an OVA for the world building stuff theyre skipping this season. Probably skipping cuz they havent been shown in the anime yet but the anime is still airing so there is still a chance theyd include them, but if not, an OVA for those would be nice.
Yeah not finishing the story because you don't like some chapters, makes sense lmao
Feb 18, 2021 3:49 AM

Nov 2019
junek50 said:
Gosha32 said:

Yeah not finishing the story because you don't like some chapters, makes sense lmao

Im sure youd understand where i came from if ye finished the manga too. There were a lot of great moments in that arc, but overall, it just gets into too much wtfery. If they do make it tho, i really hope they fix a lot of the issues it has. Because it could be amazing. Especially with my fave character! Id be down for a season 3, but i wont be surprised if there wasnt any.

Also, season 2 ending would be a complete story in and of itself. It would pretty much resolve season 1.
Feb 18, 2021 4:54 AM
Jan 2019
Gosha32 said:
junek50 said:

Im sure youd understand where i came from if ye finished the manga too. There were a lot of great moments in that arc, but overall, it just gets into too much wtfery. If they do make it tho, i really hope they fix a lot of the issues it has. Because it could be amazing. Especially with my fave character! Id be down for a season 3, but i wont be surprised if there wasnt any.

Also, season 2 ending would be a complete story in and of itself. It would pretty much resolve season 1.
You literally rated the manga 10/10
Feb 18, 2021 4:58 AM

Sep 2017
I agree, the final arc was kinda underwhelming and dragged on for waaaay too long, it'd be nice if Orange could add more anime-original content, or even change some parts of the story (well the last arc isn't a disaster like Promised Neverland's of course, but it was still...meh, especially compared to the rest of the manga)
Feb 18, 2021 12:44 PM
Jan 2018
This season will be 12 Episodes. I thought this was confirmed already.
Feb 18, 2021 1:04 PM

Aug 2019
I hope so. Alongside Attack on Titan, it's been my favourite anime to watch this season. Doesn't get the praise it deserves really.
Feb 18, 2021 3:45 PM

May 2007
Gosha32 said:
junek50 said:

This is a great response and mature, I do kinda know what happens later on and how most of the community that read the manga felt that the manga sorta became WTF and disappointing at times.
Feb 18, 2021 6:15 PM
Mar 2020
Casper36 said:
I'd say it depends on the success of season 2. Beastars season 1 was a pretty big success and one year later studio Orange made a second season of Beastars.

If s2 is successful, then there's no reason not to. However, the competition this season is at its peak: Attack on Titan s4, Promised Neverland s2, Doctor Stone s2, ReZero s2 of s2 (lol), so chances of underperforming or even average viewership are likely.

Even if we got confirmation for season 3, it would take a while for the last two arcs to be adapted totalling almost 100 chapters combined compared to the 49 chapters adapted in s1.

xenosys said:
I hope so. Alongside Attack on Titan, it's been my favourite anime to watch this season. Doesn't get the praise it deserves really.

If you look at Beastars S2's numbers, its being one of the most successful animes right now.
It has entered the top 10 of Netflix Japan these last 3 weeks: https://twitter.com/cg_orange_inc/status/1360465321878904834
S2 trailer got 3+ million views in just a couple of months, most animes barely gets 1 million in some months or a whole year.
The full version of the opening already got 20+ million views and it has entered the top 5 of most Japanese music charts.

Honestly, the people who thinks that Beastars is "underrated" are only taking into account the anime community's reception. This is one of the few animes of recent years which has managed to be enjoyed even by non-anime watchers, mostly thanks to its animal thematic which reminds Western people of Disney's stuff, and thus this is a more appealing-looking series for them as opposed to most other animes which have the typical Japanese big-eyed anime style which is a turn off for most people (who don't watch anime).
Animes like Re:Zero, Jujutsu Kaisen, Dr Stone, etc might be huge in the anime community, but if you take them out of said community, nobody would watch them (specially in the West). Beastars has a more "mainstream" appeal to people who mostly consumes live-action Western series, which is why its numbers are so huge despite the reception among anime-fans being average.

I really hope a S3 gets announced next month at the end of the final episode, as stated above it has been doing great in official numbers on all streaming platforms, literally the only thing that worries me a bit is the manga being finished but other than that there isn't any other reason why they would stop here.
Feb 18, 2021 6:17 PM

Aug 2019
Ketrod said:
Casper36 said:

xenosys said:

If you look at Beastars S2's numbers, its being one of the most successful animes right now.
It has entered the top 10 of Netflix Japan these last 3 weeks: https://twitter.com/cg_orange_inc/status/1360465321878904834
S2 trailer got 3+ million views in just a couple of months, most animes barely gets 1 million in some months or a whole year.
The full version of the opening already got 20+ million views and it has entered the top 5 of most Japanese music charts.

Honestly, the people who thinks that Beastars is "underrated" are only taking into account the anime community's reception. This is one of the few animes of recent years which has managed to be enjoyed even by non-anime watchers, mostly thanks to its animal thematic which reminds Western people of Disney's stuff, and thus this is a more appealing-looking series for them as opposed to most other animes which have the typical Japanese big-eyed anime style which is a turn off for most people (who don't watch anime).
Animes like Re:Zero, Jujutsu Kaisen, Dr Stone, etc might be huge in the anime community, but if you take them out of said community, nobody would watch them (specially in the West). Beastars has a more "mainstream" appeal to people who mostly consumes live-action Western series, which is why its numbers are so huge despite the reception among anime-fans being average.

I really hope a S3 gets announced next month at the end of the final episode, as stated above it has been doing great in official numbers on all streaming platforms, literally the only thing that worries me a bit is the manga being finished but other than that there isn't any other reason why they would stop here.

Yeah, that's what I meant, it isn't getting the appreciation outside of Japan that it deserves. It probably has a lot to do with the fact that the only way people outside of Japan can watch it at the moment is by sailing the high seas.
Feb 19, 2021 3:58 AM
Feb 2019
[quote=Ketrod message=62054533]
Casper36 said:

The artists of the opening(YOASABI) are really popular in Japan. There first single Yoru ni Kakeru was number one for multiple weeks. Check out there rest of there music if you liked the opening. There a duo by the way with one producer and one female singer.
Feb 19, 2021 4:31 PM
Mar 2020
xenosys said:

Yeah, that's what I meant, it isn't getting the appreciation outside of Japan that it deserves. It probably has a lot to do with the fact that the only way people outside of Japan can watch it at the moment is by sailing the high seas.

Yeah but like you said the main reason for that is that there's literally no way to officially watch it at the moment except by going to piracy sites because the show is a Netflix-exclusive outside of Japan, unlike most other animes right now which are currently being officially broadcasted through either Funimation, Crunchyroll, Hulu, etc.

The same thing happened to Season 1, between October-December 2019 when it was being broadcasted on Japan, it wasn't talked much about in the Western because there was no way to watch it officially, so most people didn't even knew of its existence. Once the show was released worldwide in March it exploded in popularity in the West.
Season 2 is going through the exact same process, so I'm not worried at all about its current reception, once it comes to Netflix Worldwide in July that's when we'll be seeing once again Western people talking about it more. After all like I said before, its trailer already got 3 million views and I remember it hitting 1 million just 2 days after it got released, so there's clearly a huge demand for it in the West.
KetrodFeb 19, 2021 4:37 PM
Feb 19, 2021 4:36 PM
Mar 2020
Aaron_Fdo said:

The artists of the opening(YOASABI) are really popular in Japan. There first single Yoru ni Kakeru was number one for multiple weeks. Check out there rest of there music if you liked the opening. There a duo by the way with one producer and one female singer.

Yes I know, but not every song that they put out becomes a hit.
They've stated themselves on their Twitter that Kaibutsu/Monster broke the record of being the fastest video to reach 20+ million views on their channel, taking only 1 month to do so.
Meanwhile, the new single they released 1 week after Kaibutsu, titled アンコール, only reached 10 million views after 1 month, and its currently #19 on Spotify Japan while Kaibutsu is #5.
Feb 20, 2021 3:22 PM

Jan 2011
I think they're already drafting up the renewal for a third season. So I wouldn't worry about it OP.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Feb 21, 2021 7:08 AM
Jan 2021
Maybe that a 3rd season will start but if the second season was only 12 episode but they did not announced something so if it was 24 maybe 3rd season will not be

More topics from this board

Poll: » Beastars 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Ringare - Jan 5, 2021

133 by JubalinaBingBing »»
May 6, 9:03 PM

Poll: » Beastars 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2021

200 by fatekkjjkk »»
Apr 24, 11:56 AM

Poll: » Beastars 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2021

102 by Tsinelas »»
Dec 9, 2023 11:30 PM

Poll: » Beastars 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2021

70 by Tsinelas »»
Dec 8, 2023 10:34 PM

Poll: » Beastars 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2021

70 by Tsinelas »»
Dec 5, 2023 1:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.