Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 8, 2021 4:46 PM

May 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Grrr, I just LOVE Roddy and Barts' bromance. They still need to work on their teamwork and being calm for sure because the way they acted in battle was too panicky and disoriented. The interesting dynamic I didn't expect was how confident and knowledgeable Barts act he's more panicky and has a trigger finger in comparison to Roddy.

But man, Roddy is always so quick to hit the revenge button. Happened the last time too.

And I'm guessing Sharon not wearing panties is gonna be her shtick? Because it was a good portion of this episode with her and Pench arguing about her panty-wearing habits. If it's such a big deal to Pench, why not switch with Maki or Clare? They're both girls so what difference would it make in then end?
That said, I sorta like this is the 2nd time she's gone into battle and frozen up in fear. Maki having to save her butt was cool though it's too bad it's looking like Maki isn't gonna be piloting a mecha. I want her to pilot, dangit!

Also, one thing I forgot to mention last ep (and came up with this one) is the rock growing moss. I had speculated that the rock has the ability to create life wherever it is and is a way for the aliens to create favorable conditions on non-Earth planets. It's also a marker of territory so when the human military ignored the aliens' warning, the war was started because the humans were trying to invade and take over their territory. Now as why the aliens just didn't say that, I have no idea. And as for why the military ignored the warning and didn't ask "what's up? is this yours?" while... humans have the tendency to be too arrogant for their own good. In this ep, Kate muses that the aliens were trying to create favorable conditions but could have also contaminated the soil. (So basically fixing up their own mess, good on the aliens.)

ALSO, called it. lol Katue comes right out and says "yeah probs an alien, just fyi" to which, to no one's surprise, Kate shuts down and refuses to listen. Why? Because she's a bit dumb that way.
SakariiFeb 8, 2021 4:56 PM
Dec 26, 2023 9:17 PM
Nov 2013
I feel bad for Scott because he had to listen to girls bicker about panties, but that doesn't change the fact that-

Scott (and Kate) need(s) to stop being pussies.

The aliens wiped out multiple planets with humans on them and even destroyed civilian escape ships.

In what universe would you think that they give a flying fuck about "non-combatives" on a ship that clearly has weapons?

AND Even if your intention is NOT to fight, you should still prepare for it anyways by sending them the god damn combat data when they asked for it.

As I've stated from prior episodes- Failure to plan is planning to fail.

Scott and Kate wanted peace so bad that Bart ended up losing a mecha arm.

They only have so many mechs that can get damaged, man...

---

Fred is still a cry-over-action type of person and Kentsu missed every shot... As expected.

Sharon was a bit disappointing despite her usual bravado, but Maki was great here.

At least they actually killed the aliens instead of letting them get away.

---

And the ending, again, drives home the point that they don't care about civilians, Mr. Scott.

Kate: "Why do we have to fight?"

Bruh.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ginga Hyouryuu Vifam Episode 26 Discussion

Sakarii - Mar 9, 2021

1 by Nakuy »»
Jan 5, 10:57 PM

Poll: » Ginga Hyouryuu Vifam Episode 23 Discussion

removed-user - Jun 16, 2020

1 by Nakuy »»
Jan 5, 10:15 PM

Poll: » Ginga Hyouryuu Vifam Episode 22 Discussion

removed-user - Jun 16, 2020

1 by Nakuy »»
Jan 2, 9:58 PM

Poll: » Ginga Hyouryuu Vifam Episode 21 Discussion

povsuduvolosy - May 23, 2016

2 by Nakuy »»
Jan 2, 9:32 PM

Poll: » Ginga Hyouryuu Vifam Episode 20 Discussion

Sakarii - Mar 2, 2021

1 by Nakuy »»
Jan 2, 9:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.