Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 27, 2021 5:57 PM

May 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I was not expecting Goku to make a surprise appearance! In a role older than Goku himself and yet her character still gets called a monkey, lmao.

Beyond that surprise, another good episode. While the 1st ep suggests that everyone made it out with no civilian causalities, here it basically states two shuttles never made it and chances are may never make it. (Though, if they stayed on the Clayad it was called, they're safe because it doesn't seem like the aliens are interested in killing off the humans per say.)

Then if you think this is Gundam, Vifam proceeds to start the culling. The poor teacher dies and much to my amusement, the slightly cocky captain dies before he even gets to do anything.

So now the group of kids are together and I'm just waiting for one of them to start piloting. Goku or Roddy are gonna be the first, I'mma calling it. But, the Professor is smart; it's obvious the aliens are after the Giant Rock so something about it and the military are into question. Especially when the aliens apparently know the soldiers' tactics.

I find it difficult to believe this will stay this good, but I'm hopeful; I'm enjoying this more than I could have ever expected.
SakariiJan 27, 2021 6:33 PM
Jan 26, 2022 4:02 PM
Mar 2021
As can be expected from the director of the excellent 8th MS Team Gundam OVA, the direction is very good.

It looks like the aliens are after the monolith stone, or that it provoked them to attack, and it's looking like it has potential to be a simple, yet well executed story.

It's quite interesting how the overall tone of the show seems more light-hearted than say Mobile Suit Gundam, yet we already had a mass funeral by Episode 2 lol

Looking forward to more.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ginga Hyouryuu Vifam Episode 26 Discussion

Sakarii - Mar 9, 2021

1 by Nakuy »»
Jan 5, 10:57 PM

Poll: » Ginga Hyouryuu Vifam Episode 23 Discussion

removed-user - Jun 16, 2020

1 by Nakuy »»
Jan 5, 10:15 PM

Poll: » Ginga Hyouryuu Vifam Episode 22 Discussion

removed-user - Jun 16, 2020

1 by Nakuy »»
Jan 2, 9:58 PM

Poll: » Ginga Hyouryuu Vifam Episode 21 Discussion

povsuduvolosy - May 23, 2016

2 by Nakuy »»
Jan 2, 9:32 PM

Poll: » Ginga Hyouryuu Vifam Episode 20 Discussion

Sakarii - Mar 2, 2021

1 by Nakuy »»
Jan 2, 9:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.