Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Feb 2, 2021 8:26 AM

Apr 2013
CuteAssTiger said:
Gator said:

I'm not sure why you always talk about civilians "deserving" death, you're the only one here who says that.

But they are not the same. Reiner attacked a village without any declaration of war or anything, Eren attacked an event with multiple military people attending and attacked after being declared war on. And once again nobody said anything about civilains deserving death, stop using that strawman.

I also never said that Paradise is good, they did a lot of bad stuff as well. But if you tell me that someone who killed one man and someone who killed 10 men are both the same level of evil, then your morality is twisted here.

So if I say "North Korea is evil", will you then complain about how I call the civilians of North Korea evil? That's obvious directed at the government or else you could never say "I dislike [insert country]" because obviously not every single person in that country is bad. So if I say "Marley is evil" then I obviously say that the higher-ups who make the decisions are evil. Again no one said that civilians of any country deserve to die.

So someone who kills one million people for one million chocolate bars is just as evil as someone who kills one person for one chocolate bar? Interesting, so I guess a child stealing one dollar from a citizen should get the same punishment as bank robber who stole one million dollar, nice!

Okay, so what happens if Reiner's side wins? Parardise gets destroyed and all its citizens either die or become slaves because they are "devils".
What happens if Eren's side wins? They will free the Eldians and either kill or imprison the Marley millitary. Unless you think that Historia would actually order the execution of all people of Marley once they surrender, which would be ridiculous.

So no, they are not the same. They fight for two very different goals. One fights for the survival of his people while the other one fights for the destruction of a country.

I actually thought about not answering since you wrote such a huge wall of text, so I tried to keep my answer short xD
Feb 2, 2021 10:34 AM

Jan 2018
Gator said:
CuteAssTiger said:

So if I say "North Korea is evil", will you then complain about how I call the civilians of North Korea evil? That's obvious directed at the government or else you could never say "I dislike [insert country]" because obviously not every single person in that country is bad. So if I say "Marley is evil" then I obviously say that the higher-ups who make the decisions are evil. Again no one said that civilians of any country deserve to die.

So someone who kills one million people for one million chocolate bars is just as evil as someone who kills one person for one chocolate bar? Interesting, so I guess a child stealing one dollar from a citizen should get the same punishment as bank robber who stole one million dollar, nice!

Okay, so what happens if Reiner's side wins? Parardise gets destroyed and all its citizens either die or become slaves because they are "devils".
What happens if Eren's side wins? They will free the Eldians and either kill or imprison the Marley millitary. Unless you think that Historia would actually order the execution of all people of Marley once they surrender, which would be ridiculous.

So no, they are not the same. They fight for two very different goals. One fights for the survival of his people while the other one fights for the destruction of a country.

I actually thought about not answering since you wrote such a huge wall of text, so I tried to keep my answer short xD

so if a big tragedy in north korea happend and somebody asked if you sympathize you simply say that they deserve it without making a distinction you except people to make the distinction for you ?

when many people are affected then its not obvious that you are talking about only a small group of. In context i think the OP question was pretty clearly aimed towards marley as a whole . not just the higher ups .
so that misunderstanding was due to that .

"So someone who kills one million people for one million chocolate bars is just as evil as someone who kills one person for one chocolate bar? Interesting, so I guess a child stealing one dollar from a citizen should get the same punishment as bank robber who stole one million dollar, nice!"

you are confusing morality and law here. you are also changing the extend of the crime here. stealing 1 dollar from different individuals multiple times is not the same as stealing 1 million from a single individual
besides if you stole one dollar each from one million people you would most likely not face any legal persecution because most of those one million people woulnd try to get you to cort over a dollar

"They will free the Eldians and either kill or imprison the Marley millitary. Unless you think that Historia would actually order the execution of all people of Marley once they surrender, which would be ridiculous."
that is litteraly what erens says in season 3 but i guess he is just making an akward joke or something

"One fights for the survival of his people while the other one fights for the destruction of a country."

both of them are achiving their survival though the destruction of the other.

do you think eren is just talking nonsense when he says they are the same XD ?
he just says that just for fun

"I actually thought about not answering since you wrote such a huge wall of text, so I tried to keep my answer short xD"

go into long answers if you want. sometimes a lot of text is nessesary to get an idea across :)

EDIT:

besides . real talk time . eren and friends are like 100 years behind in technology.
Marley has the rest of the globe against them as well. and they know titan warfare better then anyone else.

Even Armins explosive transformation isnt going to swing the tides here
eren and friends have no chance alone and its unlikely that a lot of nations would side with them .

the only realistic chance they have is the rumbling and that would mean the complete destruction of their enemy . taking marleys goverment as prisoners will be more difficult then catching a titan

its pretty much like the fight against reiner and berthold in S3 were armin laments how they are to weak to take people like them as prisoners
CuteAssTigerFeb 2, 2021 10:45 AM
Feb 2, 2021 3:10 PM

Jan 2018
@Gator

not trying to go on and on about it but i think eren is pretty open with what he is doing

i mean what other nation would support him ?
Feb 2, 2021 3:19 PM

May 2016
spixiefire_008 said:
This is actually realistic. In a war, nobody's a hero and nobody's a villain. It's all in the gray area and I don't blame Marleyans who hate the eldians cause all they have been taught is that they ruined their life, killed their ancestors, and are monsters. Even Eren said that he thought everyone beyond the sea was an enemy but when he got there, sure there were bad people, but there were good people too.
If he realized that why would he do exactly what they did to them instead of trying to show that they weren’t a threat?
Feb 2, 2021 6:54 PM

Jul 2011
Me and my gf were manically laughing when we saw the reactions of the eldians in marley screaming in panic after Eren transformed. The scouts little raid didn't even result in 1% of the same devastation that Reiner and Bertolt put Paradis through.
I get that most of the eldians are spoonfed propaganda and they really have no idea that they're on the side that started this mess after 100 years of peace, but I honestly don't care. Seeing Eren drink that bitch after cracking her like a nut was the best shit ever.
Feb 2, 2021 7:09 PM
Aug 2012
I mean, Had you asked me on season 3, no, full on the side of Paradis. But right now both parties are just trying to defend themselves going into a war, and in a war nobody is good and nobody is evil.
Berthold, Annie and Reiner caused a lot more of damages (both human and structural) when they were in Paradis, but I don't approve of the eye for eye that Eren is doing (talking as someone whos up to date with the manga).
Feb 2, 2021 7:37 PM
Aug 2013
animu007 said:
well i'm not on Eren's side, and i will never.

Jaeger_bomb said:

People call Eren a Hitler reincarnate but I don't see it that way. Eren wants freedom not domination.

people calling Eren Hitler for other things that not happen yet.

and this "freedom" yeah right, Eren hate slaves, but actually is Eren a slave to his freedom.

This. I don't agree with Eren's ideology anymore. I don't even think he's looking for freedom anymore. I'm glad all the other characters called Eren out on his bs. I don't read the manga because I don't have time and I don't know what happens later on, but I wouldn't be surprised if the current Scouts disbanded due to nobody agreeing with Eren anymore.
Feb 3, 2021 1:36 AM

Jan 2018
Reshiram_IX said:
spixiefire_008 said:
This is actually realistic. In a war, nobody's a hero and nobody's a villain. It's all in the gray area and I don't blame Marleyans who hate the eldians cause all they have been taught is that they ruined their life, killed their ancestors, and are monsters. Even Eren said that he thought everyone beyond the sea was an enemy but when he got there, sure there were bad people, but there were good people too.
If he realized that why would he do exactly what they did to them instead of trying to show that they weren’t a threat?

because we already know that marley needs the founding titan either way and the world wishes for the destruction of the eledian race because of how dangerous they are .
If eren cooperates with marley and gives them the founder he would piss of the rest of the world. If he doesnt cooperate with marley marley will get the rest of the world to join forces against paradise.

there isnt really a good chance to talk this out
Jun 17, 2021 3:06 AM
Jun 2021
Flochy said:
If you symphatize marley rather than the warrior you probably a nazi
you probaply dont know this but eldia opressed marley before the great titan war. king fritz was assasinated by a marleyan, and still held his power because of ymir. the eldians on paradis may be innocent, but marley was fighting for their freedom before the fall of the eldian EMPIRE, which ruled ENITER NATIONS. not all marleyans are bad, like commander maggath
Jun 17, 2021 3:09 AM
Jun 2021
Flochy said:
If you symphatize marley rather than the warrior you probably a nazi
you are not a nazi for sympathizing for marley. marley was opressed by Eldia before the great titan war. Eldian empired ruled over almost every nation. marley neither eldia are the bad guys. you are just biased
Jun 18, 2021 12:12 AM

Nov 2020
I sympathize with the Eldians in Marley and Honorary Marleyans. But not with the Marleyans especially after what we saw in Zeke's backstory when he was on the tower with his family. Few of them are good but most of them are the worst kind of human who are just blinded by their hatred towards Eldians which is also just spoonfed to them.
CamelBowJun 18, 2021 12:27 AM

═════════════════════════════
You're going to be all right. You just stumbled over a stone in the road.
It means nothing. Your goal lies far beyond this. Doesn't it?
I'm sure you'll overcome this.
You'll walk again... soon.

═════════════════════════════
Jun 21, 2021 12:31 AM

Jul 2017
I sympathize with Marleyans because their race suffered more than eldian for about 2000 years. If you see who's killing more, it would be eldians.
MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA WRYYYYYYYY
Jul 3, 2021 12:24 AM

Jul 2019
I don't sympathize with Reiner either I'm surprised he gets so much love, he's still a massive cunt
Jul 3, 2021 12:35 AM

Jul 2020
Beware, controversial topic! The nation of Marley was quite a realistic portrayal of authoritarian regimes in history. Marleyans were influenced by fake information and thus see Eldians as evil. Only the Marleyan government can be blamed for Marleyan relations with Eldia. Marleyan civilians had nothing to do with the hostility and was only used by the Marleyan government as fuel for animosity against Eldians.
┍━━━━»•» «•«━━━━┑

Is it normal

to have that many crushes?.

┕━━━━»•» 🍌 «•«━━━━┙
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » If Eren was in avatar...

TASM18 - Apr 17

18 by belugaanime »»
Apr 19, 2:12 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 7, 2021

513 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Apr 13, 8:01 AM

» Isayama: The Perfect Architect ( 1 2 )

Mikasa - Mar 29, 2021

65 by benisfroms »»
Apr 10, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jan 10, 2021

986 by Jasmin061011 »»
Apr 2, 8:12 AM

» Falco and Gabi…

Arddaa52 - Jul 25, 2021

20 by Adrena »»
Mar 27, 6:50 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.