Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 31, 2021 12:27 AM

Jul 2012
Makall said:
Eanki said:

Au contraire. The left is getting stronger. The pandemic mercilessly exposed the faults of the current state of affairs. Also, the far left isn't the only left.

Eh. Reviewer was an unfunny repetitive show filled with ugly anatomically incorrect breasts seemingly drawn by people who have not seen a single large pair of breasts in their entire life so they overcompensated to the point of parody. But it was also not this. I would take it over this.

So you'd rather take an ecchi series about visiting prostitutes over a plot-driven story with a MC seeking revenge for the years of torture, rape, and abuse he received. Glad to know your preferences.

Plot-driven doesn't mean much to a series with trash world building and no interest in any interesting thematic through-line, only relying on the shock value of rape to spurn interest. Interspecies Reviewers at least has fun with it's premise and pays attention to the minutia of it's subject matter.
Jan 31, 2021 1:59 AM
Oct 2011
Eanki said:

Is "Leftist" being unironically used as a curse now? The future is Left.

Funniest trollpost in this forum
Feb 1, 2021 5:23 PM

Mar 2017
Makall said:
Eanki said:

Au contraire. The left is getting stronger. The pandemic mercilessly exposed the faults of the current state of affairs. Also, the far left isn't the only left.

Eh. Reviewer was an unfunny repetitive show filled with ugly anatomically incorrect breasts seemingly drawn by people who have not seen a single large pair of breasts in their entire life so they overcompensated to the point of parody. But it was also not this. I would take it over this.

So you'd rather take an ecchi series about visiting prostitutes over a plot-driven story with a MC seeking revenge for the years of torture, rape, and abuse he received. Glad to know your preferences.

Plot? Really? Plot driven? You are insulting literature as a whole now mate.
You gave up your freedom of speech when you clicked Agree to the User Agreement
This is not a public platform.
Feb 2, 2021 12:25 AM

Aug 2018
GreenPlatinum said:
Makall said:

Plot-driven doesn't mean much to a series with trash world building and no interest in any interesting thematic through-line, only relying on the shock value of rape to spurn interest. Interspecies Reviewers at least has fun with it's premise and pays attention to the minutia of it's subject matter.

Shock value is fine; horror shows rely on it all the time.

Eanki said:
Makall said:

Plot? Really? Plot driven? You are insulting literature as a whole now mate.

It is plot driven by virtue of having a plot. It's just an average fantasy show.

Aside: Regarding your comment on the left, you're correct the left is the future, however I'd wager that that would only strengthen acceptance for these types of shows. I doubt the "left" who takes offense at these types of shows aren't as left as they'd think, and are probably more towards the center than most on the "left".
Feb 2, 2021 1:26 AM

Mar 2017
Opticflash said:
It is plot driven by virtue of having a plot. It's just an average fantasy show

I don't think that is how plot driven is defined. By that definition, every story with a plot that somehow progresses is plot-driven. Nor do I think that is how the poster meant it. He said plot driven as a complement to this show, not "this story has the bare bones basic to be considered a story. With a plot that... moves."

Average? The Artemis Fowl books are average. This is way below that.
EankiFeb 2, 2021 1:29 AM
Feb 2, 2021 6:55 AM

Aug 2018
Eanki said:
Opticflash said:
It is plot driven by virtue of having a plot. It's just an average fantasy show

I don't think that is how plot driven is defined. By that definition, every story with a plot that somehow progresses is plot-driven. Nor do I think that is how the poster meant it. He said plot driven as a complement to this show, not "this story has the bare bones basic to be considered a story. With a plot that... moves."

Average? The Artemis Fowl books are average. This is way below that.

If you want to be more pedantic, the story focuses on revenge (who/how? The MC and his new slave), the MC's desire to become stronger, and the mystery behind the demon lord. The anime is clearly working towards that aim, given the MC's plan on tracking down two other characters and his fear of the younger princess. Any notion of how well one believes the plot is set up as part of the definition of "plot driven" is meaningless drivel because otherwise nobody can ever agree on what the definition exactly is. Non Non Biyori, an example of a non plot driven show, does not have a plot as it is episodic in nature with no purpose other than to illustrate the life of 4 young girls in the countryside. However the anime focuses on the characters, their idiosyncrasies and the drama and comedic moments surrounding their interactions, and is thus a character driven show. To assert how well this is achieved as part of the definition of plot driven or character driven is completely meaningless.

This show is average, for an anime.
Feb 3, 2021 11:37 PM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
They canceled in Germany due to haters but the Bluray sale went up thanks to them.

Did the haters want to continue giving an average show more attention? 🤔
Feb 3, 2021 11:45 PM

Jul 2012
xkazutox said:
They canceled in Germany due to haters but the Bluray sale went up thanks to them.

Did the haters want to continue giving an average show more attention? 🤔

You can't cancel something that was never airing there in the first place. Hero Hei is a moron.
Feb 6, 2021 5:42 PM
Sep 2018
Eanki said:
no_good_name said:
Don't even bother talking to it, by reading its other posts you can tell that its your typical leftist sjw.

Future is radical* at least in "western" societies
And stating that countries that are literally dying are the future is comical at best
Feb 6, 2021 5:57 PM

Oct 2018
it better be because this shit should not be aired on television lmao
Feb 6, 2021 6:19 PM

Mar 2017
Opticflash said:

That's just sad. Also, untrue. But if this is what is 5.5/10 for you, eh sure.
Dreezo said:
Eanki said:

And stating that countries that are literally dying are the future is comical at best

Norway is dying? I thought it was the conservative, tradionalist nations hitting multiple bumps in the road with populations suffering from even basic problems.
Feb 6, 2021 6:30 PM
Sep 2018
Eanki said:
Opticflash said:

Dreezo said:

Norway is dying? I thought it was the conservative, tradionalist nations hitting multiple bumps in the road with populations suffering from even basic problems.

Ye barely achieving replacement rate is considered that.
Dunno what you mean about traditionalist nations tbh this problem does not seem to be connected in any way to nation being traditional/progressive
Feb 6, 2021 7:21 PM

Aug 2018
Eanki said:
Opticflash said:

Take out the rape and sex and analyze the show on its plot, music, character, and animation. It's average.

Rape and sex aren't valid reasons why the show is bad.
Feb 6, 2021 8:34 PM

Mar 2017
Opticflash said:
Eanki said:

Take out the rape and sex and analyze the show on its plot, music, character, and animation. It's average.

See, here's the thing, I already did that:

"So, with regards to pacing, at the very least, the Episode 2 revenge should have been at Episode 4. This leaves us enough time for build up and allows his revenge plan to progress as a thriller, not a sloppy shitty voice over done in what, less than 10 minutes of Episode 2. Imagine if they at least had dedicated a full episode to his escape, how he outwits the guards, navigated the castle, etc, all while the spectre of discovery and punishment hangs over him, ready to punish a mistake. But it’s a voice over. His final escape of the castle is also a voiceover; not one scene is dedicated to the escape."

"If you want a revenge story, I’m not really sure this will hold up. It rushes towards payoffs, not realizing that build ups are equally important."

The inner workings of his revenge is a pretty "tell, don't show" thing.
Feb 6, 2021 10:49 PM

Aug 2018
Eanki said:
Opticflash said:

See, here's the thing, I already did that:

"So, with regards to pacing, at the very least, the Episode 2 revenge should have been at Episode 4. This leaves us enough time for build up and allows his revenge plan to progress as a thriller, not a sloppy shitty voice over done in what, less than 10 minutes of Episode 2. Imagine if they at least had dedicated a full episode to his escape, how he outwits the guards, navigated the castle, etc, all while the spectre of discovery and punishment hangs over him, ready to punish a mistake. But it’s a voice over. His final escape of the castle is also a voiceover; not one scene is dedicated to the escape."

"If you want a revenge story, I’m not really sure this will hold up. It rushes towards payoffs, not realizing that build ups are equally important."

The inner workings of his revenge is a pretty "tell, don't show" thing.

Oh I perfectly agree with this. That's why I view it as average. They skipped the initial development, presumably because the author wanted to tell the story from a post-rape perspective. Shield Hero is one of the better anime in the isekai/fantasy genre that executes similar elements well through subtlety and a drawn out plot.
Feb 7, 2021 3:27 AM

Oct 2013
Just saw a news article that said "Redo of Healer Blu-ray is a Bestseller in Germany"!
Apparently The anime was canceled over in Germany, due to its "graphic nature". But the Germans being people of culture as they are, made it a bestseller on German Amazon!

On a side note, it personally cracks me up that this would get canceled in Germany! Germans are known for being some of the most perverse people on the planet, they are literally into anything and everything! How many jokes are there about Germans and scat, or Germans and crazy bondage stuff. They also have one of the largest sex clubs industries in the world.

Also that this show gets canceled for being, to cruel......hmmm Maybe if the anime just had a holocaust or two it'd be okay in Germany lol!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaifuku Jutsushi no Yarinaoshi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2021

251 by Gah4740 »»
Apr 23, 3:09 AM

Poll: » Kaifuku Jutsushi no Yarinaoshi Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jan 20, 2021

724 by eWEQRW123123 »»
Apr 5, 5:44 AM

» Why this anime is not showing in MAL app?

faisalhayat12 - Jan 25

4 by Zarutaku »»
Apr 4, 3:24 PM

Poll: » Kaifuku Jutsushi no Yarinaoshi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jan 13, 2021

337 by Ragnar00lobrock »»
Mar 20, 12:56 PM

Poll: » Kaifuku Jutsushi no Yarinaoshi Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 17, 2021

188 by Blackgurlkitty »»
Mar 14, 2:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.