Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 23, 2021 1:43 PM
Dec 2020
tyltyl46 said:
There is no character devolopent the plot is trash the entire show is trash like Jesus Chrissy

What? Did you go into watching HXH with absolutely no brain? The show has a huge amount of character development but you're way to numb to see it.
Jan 23, 2021 2:05 PM
Jan 2018
FoxBean said:
tyltyl46 said:
There is no character devolopent the plot is trash the entire show is trash like Jesus Chrissy

What? Did you go into watching HXH with absolutely no brain? The show has a huge amount of character development but you're way to numb to see it.
nah I’ll give it u up until the greed island arc it’s great but then it’s just so shit during chimera ant arc there is no reason for it to be 60 episodes the mc’s did jack shit during the entire arc except fight the mini small guys and run the fuck away. Coulda just had netero and Zeno come in and do the exact same shit they did and the arc woulda ended the exact same way except pito woulda died in a less hype way. Just a pointless and shitty arc
Jan 23, 2021 2:07 PM
Jan 2018
georgemehh1 said:
Cudlyyy said:
I think hunter x hunter is the most overated anime people hype it up to be this adult show but I don't really see that and the so called best arc in anime the Chimera boring arc wasn't that interesting and I dropped it after a few episodes.
if hxh is overrated the 4th season of aot isnt?
nahhhhhhhj just wait for it to be over it is one of the best story’s in existence has some of the best story telling development and delivery just wait
Jan 23, 2021 2:08 PM

Apr 2020
What a suggestive Thread Title....

oh...by they way...you're wrong^^
Better yet, you failed to explain WHY Chimera Ant Arc was so boring and WHY you dropped the series, other than you not beein interested, we have no clue what your actual point is xD

Form an argument...then make a Thread, not the other way around, please :)
Jan 23, 2021 2:11 PM

Jun 2020
Cudlyyy said:
I just want to make it clear that hxh was good all the way until the chimera ant arc I liked the yorknew city arc the best topps the chimera ant arc x100 and I watch one of those hunter x hunter in minutes videos so I know what happened next.
hxh chimera ant arc is the best shounen arc lol
Jan 23, 2021 2:16 PM

Sep 2014
Nostalgik said:
we really gotta stop these Hurr Durr Overrated trash threads

Also, as mentioned above in this thread, the show was under watched back when it finished airing, and no one - absolutely no one - made a case for it being Overrated.

The impressive feat is how over the last 5 years it kept its 9.10 score even with its insane increase in popularity here on MAL, which only shows its overall quality.

And yes, you should definitely watch the Chimera Ant Arc until the end - heck, everyone should - but you really gotta be into the character building, interactions and their psyche.

I was around when it wasn't popular and I always thought it was shit and overrated. Because yes even in 2014 Huntrash x Garbage was overrated.
Jan 23, 2021 8:46 PM

Sep 2020
KuroGFX said:
I think it became that way because of how different it feels from other shonen first time watching but after watching it doesn't seem that subversive that second time and it just became another shonen to me

SKIP TO 2:35

Its not completely untrue the show is great but i see it a just another shonen but done with a lot more togashi writing meaning crazy detailed and creative ideas especially the greed island arc which togashi does as a parady of Yu-Gi-Oh my favorite arc tbh but even so like I said its just "another shonen" I really do like the different ideas and settings togashi goes so far to show in crazy nuance he has a knack for writing characters with very clear and understandable goals and is as meticulous with his fights as the creator of Jojo's which can be a double edge at some times with a narrator for every character scene in the chimera ant arc so much so that it becomes a meme. With that being said Hunter x Hunter is definitely that is overhyped and definitely to an extreme point but most of it is for the wrong reasons and it my opinion its a solid 9/10 on first watch but has lowered to a 8/10 on rewatches cause of how long and strenuous some fights are that shouldn't be that long.

This. I've always thought that Hunter x Hunter was a great shonen but nothing more than that. Also similar to what you said, I hated half of the fights from Chimera Ant because it felt like JoJo Part 3 all over again, with barely anything happening in those episodes. That said, I don't think Chimera Ant is the worst arc, it's just that imo it is one of the more overrated arcs the anime.
Jan 23, 2021 8:53 PM

Aug 2020
ArcueidBestGirl said:
KuroGFX said:
I think it became that way because of how different it feels from other shonen first time watching but after watching it doesn't seem that subversive that second time and it just became another shonen to me

SKIP TO 2:35

Its not completely untrue the show is great but i see it a just another shonen but done with a lot more togashi writing meaning crazy detailed and creative ideas especially the greed island arc which togashi does as a parady of Yu-Gi-Oh my favorite arc tbh but even so like I said its just "another shonen" I really do like the different ideas and settings togashi goes so far to show in crazy nuance he has a knack for writing characters with very clear and understandable goals and is as meticulous with his fights as the creator of Jojo's which can be a double edge at some times with a narrator for every character scene in the chimera ant arc so much so that it becomes a meme. With that being said Hunter x Hunter is definitely that is overhyped and definitely to an extreme point but most of it is for the wrong reasons and it my opinion its a solid 9/10 on first watch but has lowered to a 8/10 on rewatches cause of how long and strenuous some fights are that shouldn't be that long.

This. I've always thought that Hunter x Hunter was a great shonen but nothing more than that. Also similar to what you said, I hated half of the fights from Chimera Ant because it felt like JoJo Part 3 all over again, with barely anything happening in those episodes. That said, I don't think Chimera Ant is the worst arc, it's just that imo it is one of the more overrated arcs the anime.

the arc just gives me a giant headache for some reason its this long epic story sure but its profusely longer than most of the other arcs which is what I enjoyed about the other arcs is that they were self contained and short also yeah I feel like its just a tiny bit Overrated although I'll give credit that it has a lot of nuance and detail in it but in my humble opinion togashi overdid it with this arc a tad bit but yeah thats a good comparison I really remember not caring about the bulk of the arc similar to stardust crusaders
Jan 24, 2021 5:27 AM
Jun 2020
The thing with hunterxhunter is that
a) it’s overhyped in terms of writing but
b) the first 3 seasons are great, esp the fight scenes
c) nen is not a great power structure but it gets the job done
d) the music is possibly the most iconic thing about it
e) gon sucks which makes killua eventually suck
f) Leorio and kurapika were def the better characters out of the 4 but they get kicked out of the show for like 70 eps and barrly make any appearence in s6
g) it wasn’t that the chimera ant arc was too long, it’s that it was too long for stakes that were not meaningful, I switched to the manga to get through like the first 1/2 of it
Jan 24, 2021 9:39 PM
Community Mod
Aug 2019
Thread Locked for not encouraging meaningful discussion per Anime Discussion Rule 2.

This thread is just a variation of overrated/underrated. If you feel that you need to voice if something is overrated/underrated feel free to post it under the thread located here.

In accordance with the board specific rules please remember to follow the Site Guidelines as well to further prevent violations.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

fishergirl16 - Feb 18, 2012

264 by jotasui »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 60 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

FrostToaster - Dec 22, 2012

135 by Nerdason »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 59 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

FrostToaster - Dec 15, 2012

155 by Nerdason »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 58 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ElectricSlime - Dec 8, 2012

257 by Nerdason »»
Today, 1:58 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 57 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Mikasa - Dec 1, 2012

133 by Nerdason »»
Yesterday, 5:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.