Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

It looks like Crunchyroll is trying to mislead people about the show's romantic development.

New
Jan 16, 2021 1:27 PM

Apr 2012
At first I thought "hey, maybe they just think they are a very good ship", but then I noticed that all the other couples in the nomination are obviously canonical - https://www.crunchyroll.com/ru/anime-news/2021/01/15/-anime-awards- . I don't know if they are aware of LN's actual romantic development or if it was an intentional promotion of their fanon femslash ship, but it still looks pretty funny.

RobertBobertJan 16, 2021 1:31 PM
Jan 17, 2021 3:51 PM
Jul 2017
I mean it's an anime award so the LN has no bearing on it whatsoever. But I did think it interesting they chose that ship out of all the options.
Jan 17, 2021 8:29 PM

Apr 2012
UpToFourPlayers said:
I mean it's an anime award so the LN has no bearing on it whatsoever. But I did think it interesting they chose that ship out of all the options.

Well, it's the only harem nominated and the only show without a center couple. Well, it will appear in LN later, but not until season 2.
Jan 21, 2021 6:09 AM

Mar 2013
RobertBobert said:
I don't know if they are aware of LN's actual romantic development

I haven't gotten around to the LN yet, who are you talking about?
"You think your power has limits, I say it's limitless."

Jan 22, 2021 6:57 AM

Apr 2012
sirenix said:
RobertBobert said:
I don't know if they are aware of LN's actual romantic development

I will not spoil you, you will be perfectly able to find out for yourself, but at the time of those arcs that will fall into the second season, the MC already has a canon "main love interest".
Jan 23, 2021 6:08 AM

Mar 2013
RobertBobert said:
sirenix said:

I will not spoil you, you will be perfectly able to find out for yourself, but at the time of those arcs that will fall into the second season, the MC already has a canon "main love interest".

Ohhhhh, fair enough >.> thank you tho! I've been wanting to catch up with the LN anyway, maybe this will encourage me enough and hopefully I'll get around to that before s2!
Do we know yet what arcs will get adapted? I was also hoping for more episodes in s2 but who knows.

Jan 23, 2021 10:39 AM

Apr 2012
sirenix said:
RobertBobert said:

Ohhhhh, fair enough >.> thank you tho! I've been wanting to catch up with the LN anyway, maybe this will encourage me enough and hopefully I'll get around to that before s2!
Do we know yet what arcs will get adapted? I was also hoping for more episodes in s2 but who knows.

I'm sorry if I could sound rude, I just thought that an answer like "hahaha, she will never be with Y because she is in love with X" struck me as too spoiler and rude. Well, I don't know much about the actual plot of the original LN, but judging by the translated chapters of the manga adaptation, the second season should at least start with an arc that will begin to place new accents. And add new characters to Katarina's harem, how can we go without that, lol?
Jan 23, 2021 10:53 AM

Mar 2013
RobertBobert said:
sirenix said:

I'm sorry if I could sound rude, I just thought that an answer like "hahaha, she will never be with Y because she is in love with X" struck me as too spoiler and rude. Well, I don't know much about the actual plot of the original LN, but judging by the translated chapters of the manga adaptation, the second season should at least start with an arc that will begin to place new accents. And add new characters to Katarina's harem, how can we go without that, lol?

Oh don't worry, you're not rude at all :)!
I also like spoiling myself and then never continue a Series so it was actually good that you didn't say anything specific.
Lmao seems like the Harem will never come to an end.

Jan 23, 2021 11:18 AM

Apr 2012
sirenix said:
RobertBobert said:

Oh don't worry, you're not rude at all :)!
I also like spoiling myself and then never continue a Series so it was actually good that you didn't say anything specific.
Lmao seems like the Harem will never come to an end.

As you wish. I have both friends who are afraid of any spoilers like fire, and friends who try to find out literally any information about the title before they watch, lol.

Well, harems are half the trouble. Adaptations of many visual novels deliberately adapt the most basic or even boring route in order to motivate the viewer to go out and buy the game in order to get an ending with more unusual girls. However, some shows like School Days, Bible Black (hentai) and White Album 2 have found a way around this by simply adapting the bad endings and the prequel chapter, respectively.
Jan 23, 2021 10:01 PM

Mar 2008
This is why giving pulpy categories in awards is always a bad idea but I wouldn't take the CR Award all that serious to begin with. Chances are the judges who picked the nominees are going solely off the anime, I mean it is the "anime awards" but that's the issue with categories like these they're going to be based on "wishful ships" or "well duh."
My Channel Anime Reviews, Unboxings and More
Drak Shadow For LetsPlays and Movie Vlogs

More topics from this board

Poll: » Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2020

193 by kiana_sora »»
May 3, 12:34 AM

Poll: » Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2020

125 by Shocked »»
Apr 21, 3:58 PM

Poll: » Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 23, 2020

156 by Shocked »»
Apr 21, 2:57 PM

Poll: » Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2020

164 by Shocked »»
Apr 21, 1:18 PM

Poll: » Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2020

236 by Shocked »»
Apr 21, 12:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.