Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 8, 2020 10:12 AM
Lady of Floofs

Jan 2010
I just found out that, with the Blu-ray release(I think?), they released not only the normal 22 episodes and the 2 mid-specials. They also released 9 new episodes. And I can't find anything about them online, except for the name and they are listed on as separate specials in some databases, without any further info.

They are called Seishin`s Reminiscence (1-9). But even MAL doesn't list them. Does anyone know ANYTHING about these? I am confused as to why I can't find out even a single synopses or something like that while they seem to be listed separate from the other 2 specials that were inserted with the main season.
MALGRAPH____
Oct 12, 2020 7:06 PM

Nov 2008
astra_moon said:
I just found out that, with the Blu-ray release(I think?), they released not only the normal 22 episodes and the 2 mid-specials. They also released 9 new episodes. And I can't find anything about them online, except for the name and they are listed on as separate specials in some databases, without any further info.

They are called Seishin`s Reminiscence (1-9). But even MAL doesn't list them. Does anyone know ANYTHING about these? I am confused as to why I can't find out even a single synopses or something like that while they seem to be listed separate from the other 2 specials that were inserted with the main season.

Interesting...I would like to find out more about this indeed. Do you have a link to the source? I can read Japanese so I might be able to decipher some stuff...

Oct 13, 2020 2:42 AM
Lady of Floofs

Jan 2010
It was no Japanese source (or at least not as far as I could find), which at first made me think it was something they changed with the blu-ray release in US region, but I just can't see to get a hold on anything substantial proof of their actual existence and if they are 'new' or just 'revamped for the US release' and thus already existing in the original.

What I found first was a movie database that listed them separately from the 2 specials (which they usually don't do unless they are actual different material).

The link to the Movie Database list of Specials for Shiki here.

Second source I have is unfortunately a download website and I think it's against MALs policies to link those, so I think I will only post screenshots of what I found. (lets hope that isn't against their rules too)

Then underneath this list, in the comment section:

Later someone mentions it was according to them, possibly with the Funimation/Aniplex release(?). Nobody confirms it and I couldn't find anything on the internet about it.
MALGRAPH____
Oct 29, 2020 4:19 PM

May 2008
If you watch on Hulu there are no episode previews but if you watch on the Funimation BluRay for instance, there are next episode previews narrated by Seishin between episodes. As a special feature on the BluRay, they are bundled up into 9 collections of 2-3 previews back-to-back each. Not new episodes, just episode previews with a narration.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shiki Specials Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jul 2, 2011

122 by SouthRzVa »»
Dec 23, 2023 2:16 PM

Poll: » Shiki Specials Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jun 2, 2011

143 by SouthRzVa »»
Dec 9, 2023 2:34 PM

» Shiki Specials Discussion ( 1 2 )

Memphi - Dec 30, 2010

53 by hacker09 »»
Oct 5, 2020 9:54 AM

» Where do these fit?

ronri - Jun 28, 2012

4 by ibraheem234 »»
Nov 18, 2015 3:30 AM

» shiki Original Soundtrack Mini Album Blanc

toons - May 28, 2011

2 by Valentiln »»
Jun 14, 2011 12:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.