Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 5, 2020 7:31 PM

Jun 2020
Personally, I don't think perfection will help our living experiences well because it doesn't bring an impact much into my life. Just like Gary Stu/Mary Sue characters, it doesn't provide a challenge to shoulder the weight since it will become more bland as usual.

Every human being and even fictional characters have flaws. Without it, how much our life is worth an eternity?

"You don't get it, a million sorry's is not equal to one thank you." — Emilia
Oct 5, 2020 7:35 PM

Jan 2017
aren't your kpop idols perfect already?
Oct 5, 2020 7:37 PM

Jun 2020
p0ckyy said:

Oct 5, 2020 7:38 PM

Jan 2017
HanashiD4 said:
p0ckyy said:

suure... that's like saying i like kissing guys but im not gay
Oct 5, 2020 7:42 PM

Jul 2016
A perfect person will do what I want without me asking them to do it and if I ask then they will put a twist on it to spice it up that I will still enjoy.

Most people online constantly fail to entertain me and don't discuss things that I think they should be discussing. Too many wasted opportunities.
Oct 5, 2020 8:16 PM
Jul 2018
I've always seen perfection as something that is gradually sought after, and pursued. Obtaining this mastery of perfection may be subjective to specific categories that a person puts his/her time into, but such power can be obtained through diligent efforts, and dedication.
Oct 5, 2020 9:00 PM

Aug 2007
I noticed a spike in threads pertaining to perfection. Why are we looking for it, wanting it, craving to achieve it, when in the end it’s all just false hope?

Seeking out to understand one’s imperfections is the best way to appreciate a human being.
もろともに
哀れと思へ
山桜

花より外に
知る人もなし.

On a mountain slope,
Solitary, uncompanioned,
Stands a cherry tree.

Except for you, lonely friend,
To others I am unknown.

Oct 5, 2020 10:25 PM

Jun 2020
there is no such thing as "perfection" that's merely subjective
Oct 5, 2020 10:45 PM

Jan 2009
youre infected by capitalistic all merit mindset if you want perfection since ye the survival of the fittest employee or capitalists is the game right now

The dangerous downsides of perfectionism
Many of us believe perfectionism is a positive. But researchers are finding that it is nothing short of dangerous, leading to a long list of health problems – and that it’s on the rise. https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20180219-toxic-perfectionism-is-on-the-rise
Oct 5, 2020 11:19 PM
Oct 2018
I could redesign myself so that I chose what flaws I get because there will be some that I’ve perceived to be worse than others.
--
Oct 5, 2020 11:25 PM

Jun 2020
deg said:
youre infected by capitalistic all merit mindset if you want perfection since ye the survival of the fittest employee or capitalists is the game right now

The dangerous downsides of perfectionism
Many of us believe perfectionism is a positive. But researchers are finding that it is nothing short of dangerous, leading to a long list of health problems – and that it’s on the rise. https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20180219-toxic-perfectionism-is-on-the-rise

Nah, I don't mind being perfectionist since perfection, to me, is a bland value to live as a worthy human being. That's why flaws can be breathtaking to hear and act since it carries away my insecurity and accepts everything no matter how much I will try to.

Oct 5, 2020 11:37 PM

Jul 2014
One should always aim for perfection.
Compromise is to avoid the problem, sweep it under the rug.
Failure from giving it one's all is true perfection.
Oct 5, 2020 11:53 PM

Sep 2017
A human cleansed of his sexual drive
خ
Oct 6, 2020 2:09 AM
Jul 2018
Fatephile said:

An android then. (Lol just kidding, couldn’t help myself!)

To answer the OP myself; what is considered to be perfect is subjective. But as a Christian I guess my belief is that perfection cannot be attained by man in the flesh since Adam sinned. The closest we can get to perfection is to follow Christ and truely repent of our sins and with God’s grace we will be granted everlasting life in heaven and given new perfect and undying bodies.
removed-userOct 6, 2020 2:46 AM
Oct 6, 2020 2:14 AM
Émilia Hoarfrost

Dec 2015
To be perfect, you must be sexually, romantically, esteemably and vicariously desirable.
Or that, is as far as you perfection is according to "others".

Set your own rules and abide by them. Own values, own perfection. You give up glory, you gain pride.

Oct 6, 2020 2:21 AM
Jul 2018
Maybe like Jesus or Buddha. Maybe that's perfect. I don't know.

According to New Age teachings, everything is already perfect and in perfection.

Idk man. I'm kinda high right now. But yeah that is the teaching, everything is always perfect as it is

idk man its some zen shit

I kinda know those teachings but I moved away from them for now
Oct 6, 2020 2:24 AM
Jul 2018
perfect in what way? we are perfect as is

BannedAkko said:
Fatephile said:

android 18 had a child with Krillin...
Oct 6, 2020 2:48 AM

Oct 2017
Perfect is a matter of point of view.

I think the perfect human has the capacity to interpret the world, try to understand it and seek to control it. In the end, power makes us perfect.
''Enemies' gifts are no gifts and do no good.''
Oct 6, 2020 3:01 AM

Sep 2017
BannedAkko said:
Fatephile said:

Hmmm no.More like no rapes or puberty kids becoming sex machines or schools becoming sex districts instead of a place for studying
But that'll cause marriages to stop, so I guess more ability to control it is better
خ
Oct 6, 2020 3:01 AM
Dec 2019
being a perfect human being must totally SUCK, I'm glad I have flaws because they make me feel real. ppl are mentioning androids and I agree, a perfect human being is simply a robot and probably would struggle to enjoy and make the most of life
Oct 6, 2020 6:13 AM
Zenin

Dec 2016
A perfect person doesn't have to be perfect. A perfect person doesn't have to be perfect in everyone's eyes.

A perfect person has many defects, but as long as this person was able to give me everything I wanted, which I couldn't find, mentally, in my eyes s/he becomes a perfect person.
So never look for the perfect person, sooner or later s/he will come to you.
Gg
Oct 6, 2020 7:09 PM
Jul 2020
Why thank you, being a "Perfect Human being" is one difficult task I must say. Dealing with nuisance *cough...*such as yourself* is fairly difficult.
Oct 6, 2020 7:11 PM

Jun 2015
to be human is to be imperfect, though

Oct 6, 2020 7:14 PM

Feb 2010
perfection is a dead end it means you can't learn or improve. in other words perfection is a waste of time.
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Oct 6, 2020 7:17 PM
Jul 2020
ill make a list cuz theres a few characteristics for the “perfect” human being in my opinion lmao

healthy body and mind, intelligent, humble, kind, hard-working and dedicated, cares about others (ppl and animals) and the environment, creative, does charity and is happy. I think thats all I can think now for a perfect person.
Oct 6, 2020 8:33 PM

Feb 2015
You have a talent manager who's a control freak.
Oct 6, 2020 10:34 PM

May 2013
You ain't missin' half your DNA like me heheh :[]
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
Oct 7, 2020 2:28 AM

Aug 2014
If you were perfect, you would only be perfect for a moment. True perfection is an immortal being who can constantly predict trends and be on top of them as well as being there for everyone at the perfect time to make their lives better. However, if you were an ageless being then as time went on you would become less perfect, since you wouldn't be as relatable to everyone else and you'd be forced to become perfect for a new generation for only a couple of years.

I suppose true perfection would be an AI. Give it an avatar and put it in the homes of everyone. You now have an ageless entity that you can decide when the right time to change itself is based on a complex formula and your own inputs. As it gets to know you it'd be able to predict when you most need it and how it should act around you. It'll never get upset at you unless that's what you need to get your shit into gear. It'll never look down on you unless that's what gets you off. Future AI are literally meant to be perfection on an individualized level and if we can get cloning streamlined we can give it a physical, fleshy body instead of a simple avatar.

for humans, perfection is a pipe dream. but we can create perfection if we put our all into it.
Oct 7, 2020 11:38 AM
Jul 2018
I think perfect is a concept that doesn't exist. And I say this as a perfectionist. There's always something off.

More topics from this board

» What are some of your favorite animals?

DoisacChopper - Feb 10

49 by CalmTeaTime »»
31 minutes ago

» Do you think there should be an age limit on friendship?

Thy-Veseveia - Feb 28

42 by Kamikaze_404 »»
37 minutes ago

» What sort of education did you get?

removed-user - Dec 23, 2019

48 by Rhaelynne »»
43 minutes ago

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

679 by Hitagi__Furude »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Do you care about your native culture?

Kamikaze_404 - Apr 9

45 by Bruh69XD »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.