Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 29, 2020 8:12 AM
Feb 2016
Maybe Sakurajima Mai or Chizuru, both are waifu material but still kinda realistic. Or if you want a girl is just a girl not as a waifu, maybe Sachi from Oyasumi Punpun or Inoue Meiko from Solanin or Misaki from Welcome to NHK
Sep 29, 2020 8:19 AM

Jul 2020
For me definitely Midori Kushieda. One of the most realistically written characters I have encountered.
Sep 29, 2020 8:50 AM

Dec 2019
For me, a realistic character is one that is complex and well thought out. My top 3 in that regard would be Homura from Madoka Magica, Ami Kawashima from Toradora!, and Senjougahara from Monogatari.
A good gauge for realistic-ness is asking "Do her actions and words reveal her true character? Do you know when she is telling the truth or lying? Can you easily predict her actions?" No to all these questions then you have a realistic character.
Of course, just following these rules would likely create a confusing mess. The reader would just get frustrated with the character, instead of liking her. To fix this, you should make her fit with at least one archetype or trope. If you do, the reader can hold onto something.
Take my advice with a grain of salt. As a creative person, you should try to take ideas from everyone and everything.
Sep 29, 2020 9:42 AM

Feb 2019
The only female characters that are realistic and can be considered as waifus are Reina and Kumiko from Hibike! Euphonium or other Eupho girls for that matter.

Also lol @ people who think mai sakurajima, hitagi and oregairu girls are realistic. These are pure fetish characters.
Sep 29, 2020 11:27 AM

Sep 2020
TransparentNinja said:
_Maneki-Neko_ said:
View them as people not as waifus. That's all. With their own personality, mindset, backstory, desires and all that makes you a person.

I tried my best but I wasn't able to do it

If you want to write a realistic character, you have to think about them as a person. People have likes and dislikes, hobbies, fears, and things that motivate them to do what they do. Making a realistic character also means that you have to make sure their actions throughout the story is consistent with how you set up the character and the world they are in.

Some examples of anime with realistic characters are Subaru from Re:Zero, Emma from The Promised Neverland, and Raphtalia from The Rising of the Shield Hero. Though I also want to add that you should try not to worry about whether or not your characters are realistic. You can always improve it later or move on to another story and use your experience to write that one. Just remember to have fun writing. :)
Sep 29, 2020 8:52 PM

Sep 2008
here's a writer tip: don't write them as waifus, write them as people.
all you have to make sure of is that they have their own opinion on things and able to act without the main character. as in they do stuff even when he's not around, living their own lives doing their own things.

I think tohsaka rin qualifies.
馬鹿げた倫理 全部ガラクタで
Sep 29, 2020 9:04 PM

Oct 2019
Katou Megumi, the most plain heroine may be actual good waifu material.
Sep 29, 2020 9:09 PM
Review Moderator
Onii Chan

Mar 2018
I think the girl the MC falls in love with in Bakuman is actually how a real woman would behave in real life if the MC and they had the same goals. Most anime characters are not realistic.
Sep 30, 2020 2:24 PM
Aug 2018
K-J-Whitten said:
TransparentNinja said:

I tried my best but I wasn't able to do it

If you want to write a realistic character, you have to think about them as a person. People have likes and dislikes, hobbies, fears, and things that motivate them to do what they do. Making a realistic character also means that you have to make sure their actions throughout the story is consistent with how you set up the character and the world they are in.

Some examples of anime with realistic characters are Subaru from Re:Zero, Emma from The Promised Neverland, and Raphtalia from The Rising of the Shield Hero. Though I also want to add that you should try not to worry about whether or not your characters are realistic. You can always improve it later or move on to another story and use your experience to write that one. Just remember to have fun writing. :)

Oh I agree with that from a writing perspective. I didn't think that was the context of who I was quoting hahaha

I think the guy was just saying view them that way while trying to picture your waifu.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Why are so many ecchi enjoyers overweight?

EverRealm - 2 hours ago

20 by logopolis »»
19 seconds ago

» Criticism You Don't Understand. ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

64 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
22 seconds ago

Poll: » Favorite Beater in anime

Catalano - 4 minutes ago

0 by Catalano »»
4 minutes ago

» Categorize your Profile Favorite Characters as sadist, masochist, or switch

IpreferEcchi - 27 minutes ago

1 by Zarutaku »»
6 minutes ago

» Visual Novels — General Thread

Shizuna - 8 hours ago

25 by Shizuna »»
8 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.