Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 15, 2020 12:37 AM
Aug 2020
Hello there!
Just popping in to show off a few of my recent artworks- I've revamped some as well so there may be a repeat from an older post XD
I've done Luffy (which is my favourite character by the way), I've done Midoriya from BNHA/MHA, I've done Hisoka from HxH/HunterxHunter.

A bit about me: I'm a 20 year old student teacher majoring in Visual Arts. I've set up an Instagram account named Artmattsku, please be sure to have a look at it!!
(Aaaandd here's a little self-promotion)

@artmattsku

@artmattsku

@artmattsku

@artmattsku

@artmattsku

Hopefully that got a little bit of attention from at least some of the people who read this forum post ^^

Sep 15, 2020 1:52 PM
日野森雫

Apr 2019
wow! thats really great art! you're very talented <3

✧ forum set by the amazing, yashika-chwan <3 ✧
Sep 17, 2020 6:57 AM
May 2020
The only thing I liked was the contrast in Midoriya's hair.
The coloring looks bad, I rather watch one piece.
If you can't cover all the walls in your house with drawings, you aren't drawing enough.
Keep practicing.
Sep 17, 2020 5:06 PM
Aug 2020
BucketOfOpinions said:
If you can't cover all the walls in your house with drawings, you aren't drawing enough.
Keep practicing.
hi, I actually can cover all the walls in my house with drawings. ive been doing this way longer than you know. i started off in realism and sketches of people and landscapes before moving to oil paints, acrylic paints as well as watercolour. This method of art making is entirely new to me and as such, I am still learning, seeing how all these colours are already pre-meditated rather than something I can mix together . Thank you regardless for your lack of evidence in opinion that nobody asked for. If you’re going to give constructive criticism, at least give something supportive. Internet trolls like you without an understanding of anything are one of the prime reasons suicide rates are ever-increasing. You need to check yourself before you neck yourself, just to quote Ice Cube
Sep 17, 2020 7:30 PM

Feb 2017
I actually like the colors you picked quite a bit! Good contrast and they pop. One thing I'd say to watch out for is letting the marker ink dry before you finish coloring an area. That can lead to streaks. I mainly see it happening on Midoriya's background but the hisoka and luffy one look pretty good for the most part. If you color a section all at once and quickly you'll be able to get more uniform coloring.
Sep 17, 2020 7:50 PM

Sep 2020
These are great! Are you using images from the manga or are these recreations? I can never get the shadowing on the people to look right, but you seem to have nailed it.
Sep 17, 2020 10:11 PM
Jul 2018
Dang. These look amazing; I especially love kind of the roughness they have.
Oct 21, 2020 2:36 PM
May 2020
Meatsku said:
BucketOfOpinions said:
Keep practicing.
hi, I actually can cover all the walls in my house with drawings. ive been doing this way longer than you know. i started off in realism and sketches of people and landscapes before moving to oil paints, acrylic paints as well as watercolour. This method of art making is entirely new to me and as such, I am still learning, seeing how all these colours are already pre-meditated rather than something I can mix together . Thank you regardless for your lack of evidence in opinion that nobody asked for. If you’re going to give constructive criticism, at least give something supportive. Internet trolls like you without an understanding of anything are one of the prime reasons suicide rates are ever-increasing. You need to check yourself before you neck yourself, just to quote Ice Cube

Well, you see... I hate when nobody gives me any honest opinion, because it makes me question my own judgement. Sorry for judging your drawing skills based on only three drawings. As for being mean instead of giving you constructive criticism, it was to emphasize how bad the coloring is. If you want to test coloring, you can do it on a separate piece of paper. Try drawing on a larger paper, using something else than those markers for coloring. You should draw the way you like, of course, but don't expect me to keep my mouth shut.
Oct 21, 2020 9:40 PM

Sep 2020
BucketOfOpinions said:
Keep practicing.

i definitely think you could've written your feedback in a more constructive way. no one wants to hear an unnecessarily cruel comment and regardless, it's just your opinion, not the law. first part of learning how to critique art is not being a jerk :P

i don't know if you're talking about how the markers were used or the specific colors chosen.
i really love the colors chosen!! they're really fun and pop out. your coloring looks really neat overall and pay attention to the outlines.

this part is more to meatsku:
one thing i would work on is blending of the markers—on some parts like luffy's hat and midoriya's background it looks a bit streaky—not sure if this is bcuz of materials or technique. you definitely have a really solid understanding of art and im jealous of how neat your line art looks ahhhhhhHHHH! im 19 and also studying art hahahaha. i work more digitally cuz i need ctrl z so much....don't think i could work too much on physical paper and pens. i struggle a lot w streaks and keeping things looking "neat". if i had a separate insta id def add u but my insta is super personal and i only follow like 50 ppl lol.

Oct 22, 2020 1:05 AM

Jan 2020
Looks good bro keep it up!

Made by k3ti
Oct 22, 2020 6:26 AM
Aug 2018
Those are some great drawings. The colors are on point! My favorite is the first one, it has some good shading and the facial features are accurate. I'm not saying the other two aren't great either though.

Oct 22, 2020 7:01 PM

Sep 2017
Hisoka one looks super cool!!
Oct 22, 2020 8:20 PM

Sep 2019
Keep up the great work. :)
"I suffered all my life. No one ever truly loved me. No one ever truly cared about me. I only loved one thing in my whole life and that was Christina Menefee. But she was torn away from me. I tried to save myself with [student’s name], but she never cared for me. As it turns out, she made fun of me behind my back while we were together. And all throughout my life I was ridiculed. Always beaten, always hated. [...] I am malicious because I am miserable."

"It was not a cry for attention, it was not a cry for help. It was a scream in sheer agony [...]"
-Luke Woodham

Oct 23, 2020 11:45 AM

Aug 2020
Very fine art work ngl. It looks soo real damn. Keep the good work up buddy 👍🏻
Oct 24, 2020 8:39 AM

Feb 2012
Looks great, love the Hisoka one especially :)

Oct 24, 2020 6:09 PM

Sep 2015
details are so good, especially the outlining done.
the colors look neat and the drawings overall look pretty clean to me.
Oct 27, 2020 8:36 PM
Propmaker/Etsy

Jun 2014
Woah! That's amazing nice job
Oct 30, 2020 6:34 PM
Jul 2018
Nice drawing dude, but Midoriya's hair color is abit different
Nov 4, 2020 12:05 PM

Feb 2018
That's such a nice job. My personally favorite one is Hisoka ;p
Nov 5, 2020 1:33 PM

Jul 2017
These look very good! I like the little details and line work! My favorite out of those three is Midoriya! Wonderful job ♥

。*✲゚*♡(o•ᴗ•o)♡*✲゚*。

More topics from this board

» How to Export/Backup Your Anime List Automatically! (TamperMonkey Script)

hacker09 - May 18, 2020

7 by Vapor_AU »»
3 hours ago

» The Poetry thread ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

TheConquerer - Sep 17, 2015

220 by 707supremacist »»
3 hours ago

» What software(s) and hardware(s) do you use for digital drawings?

DesuMaiden - Apr 16

18 by 707supremacist »»
3 hours ago

» Share Your YouTube Channel/Videos! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nin-tendo - Dec 16, 2022

363 by nin-tendo »»
8 hours ago

» Protect or punish?

DollzchanAi - Apr 18

4 by DollzchanAi »»
Yesterday, 6:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.