Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 7, 2020 1:14 AM

Jun 2012
THIS IS A NOVEL ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS VOLUME.
----------------------------------------
Just as expected, this whole amnesia thing is frustrating, although there were some bits of pieces of the puzzle in the start in the tower and Hiyomu spouting some info, it didn't really lasted long enough. Well at the very least, all they're battle instincts were intact so they don't have to grind again. It's also a bit worrying that Merry is still acting secretive about the knowledge she acquired post resurrection.

What's adding more to this depressing situation is that even though they're already at Alterna, they were forced back to flee again. I guess my only cope in this whole mess was how Shihoru and Haru's relationship have grown in a more rosy color that shouldn't have a possibility of happening it if was the old them. It was fun seeing how awkward it is, but also a bit worrying to see in the sidelines that it feels like Merry is more than okay allowing his husband to play with fire. Guess there's a chance of a harem ending after all. All jokes asides,

It was cool to see Barbara again, and I can't really remember how she looked like at all but I'm sure she isn't as sensual as before, well it's true that she had a lot of body contact with Haru when they were training before but nothing more than that. In all seriousness, I wouldn't have minded her joining their force or their party even, it might have been fun seeing her teasing Haru sometimes but sadly.... all these authors writing OP goblins have a few loose screw. Her ending is so abrupt, grimgar style. It's also tragic that Haru have no prior memories of her, otherwise, there is a chance that he would be raging more, he'd probably go in berserker mode like he did in the time before Merry "died".

Now that I've got time to calm my thoughts, I guess that biggest reason why I'm this frustrated was that the reunion with Yume/Ranta is still on-hold. Starting the main story again with this heavy volume is not that unexpected so just gonna accept that it is what it is. Hopefully, the reunion will trigger some of their memories too as Ranta is the most unforgettable character in this series, but seriously, there's something that has to fix this issue even if it's just another small piece of the puzzle.

Nov 8, 2020 1:28 AM
Mar 2017
I'm loving the series so far, still you're right some things frustrate me, like them losing their memories, Barbara's death and skip Ranta and Yume's reunion. However, I think that happens beacuse the story is so different and original that makes it unpredictable. In the end, I hope this novel get as many volumes as possible.
May 28, 2021 1:57 PM

Jan 2014
The amnesia thing was a cheap trick but that doesn't mean I hate what it did for the story.

Haru
THIS IS THE HARUHIRO THAT I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR! 16 VOLUMES! My god, it felt like it has been a while. I like the changes it brought to Haruhiro. While it might look like he reverted back to Volume 1 Haru, it was actually more than that. He was more decisive, aggressive, and even without his memories, still act pretty much the same. Later on in the novel, it felt like his character can only get better.

Merry
I feel bad for Merry ngl. She must have been heartbroken knowing she is the only one who retained her memories. At first, when she was acting weird and different after the revival I kinda find her awkward. But now, when everyone lost their memories and ended up having slightly different personalities I could see why she's trying hard to make everyone acknowledge the present rather than the past. I also like how she's more aggressive with her showing affection for Haruhiro. It feels like it's about damn time!

Setora+Kuzaku
I like the dynamics between these two. I feel like their personalities are amplified when they lost their memories? I'm not sure but it's good to see that Setora is now fitting in with the party. As for Kuzaku, I kinda like his old self better but I guess you need a happy going guy every once in a while.

Shihoru
Not much change as far as I can tell. She pretty much reverted back to Volume 1 Shihoru. Although now that I think about it. Didn't she fall in love with Manato around that time? Because he was always there supporting her? I suspect she'll fall in love with Haruhiro this time around. Who knows? maybe Haru will reciprocate.
Recommend me an anime
May 14, 2022 1:35 PM

Sep 2019
Didnt Setora say something about plants could make amnesia, so maybe they might get a cure for it. I feel the same about the Barbara situation and Haru, if he had his memories he would have gone way more berserker mode seeing her in pieces.
Jul 28, 2022 11:20 PM

Apr 2021
Personally, the author lost me here. I've disliked the Parano books because what made this series to me was the relationship between the characters and this is completely lost in the two Parano books. And now we've got a memory reset which brings most the relationships back to 0. There are some good moments in this one but nevertheless, it completely stripped me of the will to keep on buying these books. And the summaries I read from books 16 and 17 won't make me change my mind. I feel the author completely lost his story while trying to find ideas to drag it as long as possible. And that's really too bad as I have really liked the first 12 books.
Jan 18, 2023 3:15 AM
Jan 2019
Is it just me or is the writing becoming more childish somewhere around this volume?
It was never very sophisticated or anything, but it just seems like a bit of a downgrade.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Chapter 19 Discussion

Zaphkiel_El_Rem - Mar 22

0 by Zaphkiel_El_Rem »»
Mar 22, 8:42 PM

» Volume 3 review what do you like about it the most

Hello0809 - Nov 22, 2023

1 by Zirotaku »»
Feb 13, 3:46 AM

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Volume 17 Discussion

Zaphkiel_El_Rem - Jul 16, 2021

1 by Martin_Taylor »»
May 17, 2023 7:50 AM

» Will it ever end?

Yuyu-haku-bro - Sep 11, 2021

5 by dragon015 »»
Jan 18, 2023 3:12 AM

» Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Volume 14++ Discussion

Zaphkiel_El_Rem - May 9, 2020

5 by Tememe »»
Apr 29, 2022 2:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.