Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 25, 2020 1:35 PM
Apr 2018
Sorry, please let me know the reasons for the hype and popularity of this manga and Anime ? I have completed both anime and Manga however I does not feel it is good also bad. It is just an average show or manga for me.

But one thing though the animation in the Anime is God tier thanks to Ufotable. However, it cannot be the only reason for the hype so I wanted to post this discussion. I wanted to see if I missed anything which is important here.

Manga is good but not the best one out there. I read lot of better manga than this. So..
Jul 25, 2020 3:57 PM

Jan 2009
the concept of buddhism (ex. reincarnation) and samurai mix into one is my guess since japanese love those

plus its the same with marvel movies or disney movies in general they mediocre story is what the mainstream wants

personally for me the old and gold saying "there is no originality anymore but better execution" applies my suspension of disbelief triggers a lot on how hopeless they fight against the demons and they die but ye reincarnated afterwards though
Jul 25, 2020 4:53 PM

Mar 2020
Its the newest shonen! They are always the most overhyped animes
Jul 25, 2020 7:22 PM

May 2018
Episode 19 Hinokami Kagura bruh.
Jul 26, 2020 1:59 AM

May 2009
It's nowhere near as popular on the west as it's in Japan where manga is bestseller overtaking everything by 1 or 2 milion sold books everyweek.
Series is simple and well done. It ends when goal is achieved and doesn't overstay it's welcome.
Manga is good on it's own since people are buying it despite not having animation, colors and art quality of anime drawings.
Hussam_ZX said:

It's not even newest, when it ended few months ago.
Jul 28, 2020 7:15 AM
Oct 2019
Generally, KNY catches the attention of readers of all ages and both genders. Below sources proved that:

Rakuten (largest Japanese e-commerce) tracked customers who bought KNY:
https://books.rakuten.co.jp/e-book/article/published/5ed0b80f0bc74a43c467cd14.html (You need to use English translation)

Survey from Animate Times:
https://otakuusamagazine.com/survey-demon-slayer-kimetsu-no-yaiba-popular/

In my opinion, the story of KNY has fantastic blended elements. This is why the series is not strong enough on one aspect to become a "pillar" itself in the manga world. Here are some blended elements possibly contribute to the success of KNY:

1. Taisho era: A transitional era between feudal Japan and modern Japan. Some readers may like ancient Japan only while others prefer modern time. KNY gets both groups.

2. Comedy blended with Seriousness: Many manga have this combination so it is no strange at all. Originally, Gotouge wanted KNY to be dark and gloomy but the editor prevented that from happening. Luckily, it saved KNY. https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/web_pages/234/

3. Cultural and religious elements: KNY displays plenty of aspects of Japanese culture, especially folklore and children games (Tanjirou taught Inosuke some games). Adult readers may have nostalgia while younger readers feel interested because they learn something new about their culture when they read KNY. Additionally, KNY has serious dialogues and ideas which reflect Buddhism and Zen. Although using religious elements is a risky move because readers may reject these ideas, KNY successfully makes it easy for readers to absorb.

This is just my personal opinion. In the end, I still agree with the idea that the anime boosts the manga.

By the way, on August 2, Ufotable will reveal new information and a theme song of the movie.
Jul 28, 2020 7:48 AM

Feb 2018
Because Kanroji's oppai is so big?
Jul 28, 2020 10:45 AM

Jan 2009

Finally, the survey asked respondents to write in their own specific reasons they like the manga. Many commented on the pace and the originality of each character. Others wrote that “the story is easy for anyone to get into, and doesn’t use complicated words,” and “not just the main character, but the demons themselves, also have their own back stories.”

yep i like the fast pacing of the story too and the story is easy to follow ye (KISS principle applies keep it simple stupid)
Jul 28, 2020 12:13 PM

Sep 2017
Because Ufotable
Before anime nobody gave a shit about it
خ
Jul 28, 2020 10:01 PM
Apr 2018
deg said:
the concept of buddhism (ex. reincarnation) and samurai mix into one is my guess since japanese love those

plus its the same with marvel movies or disney movies in general they mediocre story is what the mainstream wants

personally for me the old and gold saying "there is no originality anymore but better execution" applies my suspension of disbelief triggers a lot on how hopeless they fight against the demons and they die but ye reincarnated afterwards though
deg said:

Yupp, great line ""there is no originality anymore but better execution". Even I believe the same.
Jul 28, 2020 10:02 PM
Apr 2018
Gorochu said:
Episode 19 Hinokami Kagura bruh.

HAHAHA. Episooooooooddeeeeeeee 19
Jul 28, 2020 10:04 PM
Apr 2018
bastek66 said:
It's nowhere near as popular on the west as it's in Japan where manga is bestseller overtaking everything by 1 or 2 milion sold books everyweek.
Series is simple and well done. It ends when goal is achieved and doesn't overstay it's welcome.
Manga is good on it's own since people are buying it despite not having animation, colors and art quality of anime drawings.
Hussam_ZX said:

It's not even newest, when it ended few months ago.

Yes agree with you, BNHA is ruling the western market now. However the number of volumes which are sold by DS still amuses me since I believe it don't deserve this much hype or popularity.
Jul 28, 2020 10:13 PM
Apr 2018
Elvarth said:
Generally, KNY catches the attention of readers of all ages and both genders. Below sources proved that:

Rakuten (largest Japanese e-commerce) tracked customers who bought KNY:
https://books.rakuten.co.jp/e-book/article/published/5ed0b80f0bc74a43c467cd14.html (You need to use English translation)

Survey from Animate Times:

In my opinion, the story of KNY has fantastic blended elements. This is why the series is not strong enough on one aspect to become a "pillar" itself in the manga world. Here are some blended elements possibly contribute to the success of KNY:

1. Taisho era: A transitional era between feudal Japan and modern Japan. Some readers may like ancient Japan only while others prefer modern time. KNY gets both groups.

2. Comedy blended with Seriousness: Many manga have this combination so it is no strange at all. Originally, Gotouge wanted KNY to be dark and gloomy but the editor prevented that from happening. Luckily, it saved KNY. https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/web_pages/234/

3. Cultural and religious elements: KNY displays plenty of aspects of Japanese culture, especially folklore and children games (Tanjirou taught Inosuke some games). Adult readers may have nostalgia while younger readers feel interested because they learn something new about their culture when they read KNY. Additionally, KNY has serious dialogues and ideas which reflect Buddhism and Zen. Although using religious elements is a risky move because readers may reject these ideas, KNY successfully makes it easy for readers to absorb.

This is just my personal opinion. In the end, I still agree with the idea that the anime boosts the manga.

By the way, on August 2, Ufotable will reveal new information and a theme song of the movie.

Thanks for all the information. So to summarize it contains the Japanese tradition and values hence it is popular. Since i am from India, i may not be able to grasp all these things.
Jul 28, 2020 10:15 PM
Apr 2018
Syureria said:
Because Kanroji's oppai is so big?

HAHAHAHA could be one of the major reason.
Jul 28, 2020 10:17 PM
Apr 2018
Fatephile said:
Because Ufotable

Yes Ufotable sure made its mark here.
Jul 29, 2020 8:33 AM

May 2009
BMgokuk said:
Fatephile said:
Because Ufotable

Manga doesn't have animation, voices, music and art quality of Ufotable and it's sold over 70 millions volumes
Jul 29, 2020 1:46 PM

Jan 2016
Well, the manga is better than your typical shounen manga, but the last forty or fifty chapters felt really rushed to me. Not sure if anyone else felt that way.
Jul 31, 2020 9:16 AM
Apr 2018
bastek66 said:
BMgokuk said:

Manga doesn't have animation, voices, music and art quality of Ufotable and it's sold over 70 millions volumes

Yes agree with you. The volumes are selling like anything but it was able to achieve this only after publishing Anime (particularly Ep.19). Before that it was just an another manga where it was not that much popular.
Aug 2, 2020 1:20 AM
Jul 2009
Because japanese got their own taste and they don't give a shit about what some foreigner thinks
Aug 3, 2020 2:14 AM

Sep 2018
I like it and actually don't see the reason for the hate it gets.
We are all Misanthropes

Made you learn

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rate Infinity Fortress arc

Hereforanimes - Jul 15, 2023

24 by troilus_05s »»
Apr 25, 8:28 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Chapter 20 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2016

8 by heyyitsaj1 »»
Feb 22, 5:29 AM

Poll: » NO SPOILERS How different is the Manga to this anime compared to the Anime?

Lost_Hearts - Jan 14

16 by Loops007 »»
Jan 17, 5:49 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Chapter 207 Discussion

Cauliflawer - Jan 30, 2021

35 by kirubaprabagaran »»
Jan 13, 11:00 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Chapter 174 Discussion

PrideRoyalIvy - Sep 12, 2019

32 by kirubaprabagaran »»
Jan 10, 7:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.