Forum Settings
Forums

Is thinking about your future anxiety-inducing to you?

New
Jul 20, 2020 6:50 PM
Jan 2020
The more I think about the future and all the uncertainties surrounding the more anxious I feel.
I tried everything from mindfulness to prayer, but the state of the world rn is a ball of anxiety waiting to happen. I dont want to whine too much but yeah.
Are you comfortable thinking about the future? Do you have plans and means to achieve them?
inactive
Jul 20, 2020 8:13 PM

Jan 2009
“Past is dead
Future is uncertain,
Present is all you have,
So eat, drink and live merry”
- Albert Einstein

so yes and the more far ahead in the future you think the more doomer it gets for me so better think in short term future i guess

and to confirm its because of "fear of the unknown, the one fear to rule them all" according to recent psychology

chaos theory (use by weather forecasters for example) confirms this too that it can only predict short term future while far ahead future is more unpredictable
Jul 20, 2020 8:27 PM
May 2020
I think it's really imortant to have goals in your life, or at least to have an idea of what to do. Sometimes I feel like the things are not going to be alright, that I'm going to fail in my plans, it's good to worry about your future, but if you don't get a very complete idea, you should not let that drown you.
Jul 20, 2020 8:30 PM

Nov 2017
The only think I fear is that once I finish college, I either won't be able to find a job or I might get laid off before I finish paying off my student loans. So as long as I'm able to get one (which shouldn't be too much of a problem in the field I'm getting into) and as long as I can hold it for 4-5 years, I'll be good.
Jul 20, 2020 8:35 PM

Jan 2017
I'm currently using college to avoid thinking about my future. As soon as I graduate I'm screwed.

Debt and a career are for future me to deal with. For now I'm gonna party
Jul 20, 2020 8:57 PM
Aug 2018
I think it's a part of growing up. I used to have a lot of anxiety in college but it got better after I graduated. You'll get used to it after a few years.
Jul 20, 2020 10:47 PM

Jan 2017
nah bro we just living life one day at a time, riding one wave at a time

yeah smoke weed
Jul 21, 2020 2:46 AM

May 2013
I look forward to not only my future in this life but in many lives. I think our souls go on and on.

That being said I really am an optimistic guy and I'm not done with my dreams in this life. TBH the coronavirus kinda puts a damper on things, afterall how can we have a cosplay convention if everyone wears a mask?!? But I'm finally getting good enough to sell my shit at conventions so that is certainly an option.
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
Jul 21, 2020 3:54 AM

Jan 2020
Yes, I like thinking about the future as I'm attracted to possibilities. But I admit it's hard to deal with the uncertainty. If you have anxiety when thinking about it, maybe you could try to differentiate between things you can control and things you can't, then direct your focus to the first. You could also analyze what's the worst thing that could happen. Oftentimes, it's nothing serious and you'll feel better. If the consequence is really bad like you could be dead or homeless then you should worry my friend ~
"You misunderstood from the very beginning. You just believed what you wanted to believe."
Rei Ayanami
Jul 21, 2020 5:09 AM
Jul 2020
First of all, just looking at your profile pic i already know that u are brazilian HAHAHAHA (i am too). Nice pic of Naruto on the baile de favela hahaha
I have a LOT of trouble thinking about the future. Everytime I try to plan something my anxiety goes waaaaay worst and I get a panic attack. Its awful. What triggers me is thinking about having to take care of myself when im older, as I'll have to find a job to make money and pay the bills. For now i have no idea what i want to do w my life and im scared i will never find something that will make me happy and that i will be able to make money with. I'm really not good dealing w responsabilities.
Jul 21, 2020 5:14 AM
Émilia Hoarfrost

Dec 2015
I always plan about the future.
It gives me ease, I believe.
Anyway, if it's all wrong, then my instinct'll take over and plan at the second.

Jul 21, 2020 5:45 AM

Oct 2018
Yes, a quite. As well I don't have a good week..
Jul 21, 2020 5:50 AM

Jul 2016
Well, I'm not saying I almost had a panic attack last night because I thought I'd forgotten to apply for a student loan but... yeah. Turns out I'm just forgetful.
Jul 22, 2020 8:12 AM

Nov 2017
Nope.

I'm an optimistic idealist and I believe that things are going to work out well for me in the future. It hasn't always been like that, but I'm running with it now no matter what or who tried (or tries) to shake my optimistic castle, lol.

Maybe my confidence has also made it stronger, but I'm just happy it's there. So far, it's been a self-fulfilling prophecy

More topics from this board

Poll: » What is your average step count? [Poll] Do you think that you should take more steps?

Miscanthus - 3 hours ago

6 by Zettaiken »»
5 minutes ago

» Manga piracy website operator ordered to pay ¥1.7 billion to publishers

Meusnier - Apr 19

25 by KitsuFrost »»
12 minutes ago

» Who is the most perverted person you irl ?

Thy-Veseveia - 9 hours ago

5 by Zettaiken »»
14 minutes ago

Poll: » Are you mentally ill?

Ejrodiew - Apr 24

49 by Meusnier »»
19 minutes ago

» The level of NoLifer / NEET / Hiki you are?

IpreferEcchi - Apr 22

27 by cyandaqil »»
30 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.