Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 17, 2020 7:47 PM
Jun 2015
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
I feel like crying after finishing the whole manga in one go. And I am quite surprised to see no threads for any chapters even though it got such high rating and popularity. I have to say, the rating is definitely worth it even though there are some parts in the middle I didn't like much. That's why settled with a 9 score.

I loved the ending. It was a fitting one with the whole story. And I am happy it didn't turn out the other way. I am happy for the characters.

No need to continue something toxic even if you feel so devoted towards it. It's a lesson I learnt, so it was great seeing something of the sort here too.
Aug 2, 2020 8:33 PM
Nov 2018
SakuraAme said:
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
I feel like crying after finishing the whole manga in one go. And I am quite surprised to see no threads for any chapters even though it got such high rating and popularity. I have to say, the rating is definitely worth it even though there are some parts in the middle I didn't like much. That's why settled with a 9 score.

I loved the ending. It was a fitting one with the whole story. And I am happy it didn't turn out the other way. I am happy for the characters.

No need to continue something toxic even if you feel so devoted towards it. It's a lesson I learnt, so it was great seeing something of the sort here too.
I keep seeing people (on the websites I read lol) say Yukari and George are toxic together but really I felt like It wasn’t toxic but just reactive. Like a log in fire. The act itself is “damaging” to one more so than the other, but the overall result is warmth and pleasant. I think Yukari and George needed to be together in that moment/time of growth. And it’s all confirmed in the end. George tells Isabella that Yukari doesn’t understand the effect of a muse and essentially means that he was, indeed, drowning her in his passion for art/design. It was a very useful and beautiful relationship for him which Yukari agrees as she tells her brother that she will “always look the best in dresses by Kozumi.” She’s aware of the role she played in his life and for her, George was a catalyst of change. She decided what to do in life and she ultimately understood how balanced she needed to be with Hiro (plus, she finally got her mother to approve lol). Not to mention Hiro was able to come to peace with Miwako thanks to Yukari and probably understands her love for George given how he used to love Miwako. It all ties together. So no one is truly toxic. It’s more of necessary chaos
Dec 3, 2020 11:07 AM
Jun 2015
TrackHime said:
SakuraAme said:

I keep seeing people (on the websites I read lol) say Yukari and George are toxic together but really I felt like It wasn’t toxic but just reactive. Like a log in fire. The act itself is “damaging” to one more so than the other, but the overall result is warmth and pleasant. I think Yukari and George needed to be together in that moment/time of growth. And it’s all confirmed in the end. George tells Isabella that Yukari doesn’t understand the effect of a muse and essentially means that he was, indeed, drowning her in his passion for art/design. It was a very useful and beautiful relationship for him which Yukari agrees as she tells her brother that she will “always look the best in dresses by Kozumi.” She’s aware of the role she played in his life and for her, George was a catalyst of change. She decided what to do in life and she ultimately understood how balanced she needed to be with Hiro (plus, she finally got her mother to approve lol). Not to mention Hiro was able to come to peace with Miwako thanks to Yukari and probably understands her love for George given how he used to love Miwako. It all ties together. So no one is truly toxic. It’s more of necessary chaos

Loved how perfectly you described the scenario. Really it was a necessary chaos, and we all need something similar to grow out of our own cocoon.
Feb 5, 2021 11:47 PM

Jan 2021
I expected it to end this way but it still hurts. I honestly loved the ending . They just didn't fit each other to be honest. Their relationship was realistic. I will be coming back to reread 10/10
Oct 18, 2021 10:48 PM
Dec 2017
love the manga quite alot ovearll

May 16, 2022 2:44 PM

Oct 2010
very disappointed for I wanted them to get together, wasn't that the whole point kinda? I understand how bad were they for each other but sometimes getting past that strengthens the relationship. Could they have worked? who knows, there were lots of issues with both of them but still, 10 years making clothes in europe and usa, man, it just hurts, I put so many feelings into the manga.
Jul 1, 2022 8:48 PM

Feb 2012
glad they didn't end up together. glamourizing abuse and manipulation is not really my deal.
Aug 24, 2022 12:12 AM

Aug 2018
Pretty underwhelming ending , I’m glad that they didn’t end up together and that their relationship hasn’t worked because it shouldn’t have in the first place

Overall this was an enjoyment to read and the characters were all charming and likable, would wish to read more fashion manga in the future if there are any good left . I think this deserves a pretty strong 8 , happy that I saw it being recommended and read it
Aug 5, 2023 6:05 PM

Jul 2014
This is probably the first romance manga where i was happy for the end that fl didn't end up with the supposed ml (if my memory tells me right). That's why 10/10 but not only that
It really displayed a great growth of Caroline (plus hiro team here)

I feel like my teen self would be sad about this end but glad this manga was just sitting in my "plan to read" list for so many years and just read it now that i can see why relationship with george won't work out for a long time
MurukoHiiragiAug 5, 2023 6:09 PM
"Everyone fails sometimes
But dreams won't fade, dreams won't fade
Let's chase them as many times as it takes and don't lose
Because today after all is today and once you wake up, it'll be a new morning"

~Aqours~

More topics from this board

Poll: » Paradise Kiss Chapter 1 Discussion

0ven_dem0n - Oct 30, 2021

2 by nidoqueen106_2 »»
Dec 21, 2023 4:03 PM

Poll: » Favorite Character Poll!

accela - Sep 13, 2007

29 by MurukoHiiragi »»
Aug 5, 2023 5:59 PM

Poll: » Paradise Kiss Chapter 39 Discussion

0ven_dem0n - Nov 12, 2021

1 by Figva »»
Aug 24, 2022 12:08 AM

» 20th Anniversary Edition

WalterBlack59 - Oct 24, 2021

7 by WalterBlack59 »»
Dec 19, 2021 3:45 AM

» Is this different from the anime?

crimsonskyler - Nov 2, 2014

4 by azenobio »»
May 30, 2021 10:17 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.