Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 2, 2007 6:32 PM
May 2005
I want you guys to tell me a serie that you really loved (that isnt already on my list). It dosnt matter what genres, im up for almost anything (besides hentai, Yaoi, Yuri and that kind of stuff ;p )
You dont have to tell me so mutch about the serie, I will check it up anyway, but it would be very nice if you tell me why you loved it and if the serie develop mutch.

ed: maybe i should have put it in anime discussion, but oh well ;p
wicked2kJun 2, 2007 6:40 PM
Jun 2, 2007 6:44 PM

Nov 2004
Juuni Kokuki! More information on why a number of us like this series can be found here. :D
Jun 2, 2007 6:48 PM

Jan 2007
Aria series - Because it is one of those series that you just relax with and it just puts a smile on your face
Jun 3, 2007 5:29 AM

Oct 2006
Seems I can't recommend you my favourites, since you watched them all ^_^ (good taste)

Notice this wasn't in your list:

Neon Genesis Evangelion

definitely a must watch
Jun 3, 2007 5:57 AM

Oct 2006
Off the top of my head, after looking at the anime titles we have in common: Claymore, Code Geass, Hellsing Ultimate, Darker than Black, Romeo x Juliet, Le Chevalier D'Eon, Paprika, Tsubasa Chronicle and Shakugan no Shana.
Jun 3, 2007 6:03 AM

Jan 2005
finish Gankutsuou then!! ;)
Jun 3, 2007 7:45 AM

May 2007
Cowboy Bebop
Jun 3, 2007 8:47 AM
May 2005
i actually have downloded Neon Genesis Evangelion, Code Geass, Hellsing (that i didnt like so mutch, so wont see the ultimate) have seen 2 eps of Darker than Black and downloded 1 of Romeo x Juliet (guess i have to update my list a bit more ;p )
Have also watched a few episodes of Tsubasa Chronicle and Shakugan no Shana.
Started watching Yuu Yuu Hakusho tonight, pretty good actually ;p
Ty Faust721 for your comment, think i will downlode it later ;)
Aokaado, maybe ill give mai hime a try too ;)

Krelian, i think i will downlodes claymore later on, i like Eclipse's work too.

Thanks for all the comments people ;D
Jun 3, 2007 8:52 AM

Mar 2005
I was gonna link to the old recommendations thread but since we got so many replies already...

*moves to anime discussion*

anyway, I see that you've seen the Air movie but not the TV series. Bad idea, TV series was much better lol. If you liked the Air movie you'll definitely enjoy the TV version.
Jun 3, 2007 8:55 AM
May 2005
Then i will watch the TV series, cuz i really liked the movie, i really apriciate that one kei-clone ;)
Jun 3, 2007 10:21 AM

Oct 2006
Why didn't you like Hellsing? I'm mostly curious since while I enjoyed it well enough, Hellsing Ultimate is a hell of a lot better. It follows the manga's storyline, while the original Hellsing TV series goes off on a random (and rather lame) tangent after a few episodes.

As for Claymore, I really like it so far. The world reminds me a bit of Berserk, actually.

You probably should update your list if you want recommendations - it's hard to know what you have and haven't seen if it isn't all there. =P
Jun 3, 2007 10:28 AM
May 2005
was only a few series i had forgotten to update ;p
Anyway, while watching Hellsing (havent watched ultimate) i found the first episodes rather nice, but when i came to episode 7 or so, I actually got bored of the story, and I felt like it was just to plain. But I will give Ultimate a chance then!

Claymore will be seen, if the world reminds you a bit of berserk, wich is one of my favorite series, ive gotta love it too ;D
Jun 3, 2007 11:27 AM

Oct 2006
Hellsing follows the manga's story up through episode 6 or 7 and then veers off for the rest of the show, so if you liked the beginning then I'm sure you'll enjoy Ultimate. It's better animation-wise as well. Rather slow in coming out though, unfortunately.

Have you read the Berserk manga, by the way? It's a lot better than the anime, though I love that as well.
Jun 3, 2007 12:19 PM

Feb 2005
Blood+ is rather good, the Cowboy Bebop movie is quite nice, and Shingetsutan Tsukihime is good, though short. And as Krelian, I too encourage you to try out Hellsing Ultimate...A lot better than the TV series...I think most people agree to that...
BamanJun 3, 2007 12:23 PM
Jun 3, 2007 1:49 PM
May 2005
I havent read the Berserk manga, know it's good tho, ufozile told me that (the one that got me starting watching anime;p )
Ive seen Blood the movie, and Im thinking about downloding blood+ soon, but I will probably watch X TV first.
Started watching cowboy bebop the movie, but i kinda felt i lacked something that the serie had, so I stopped after 15-20min or so.

Shingetsutan Tsukihime seems nice, I'll type that one down in my "to downlode list"
* oooh i gotta buy a new hd 0_o *
Jun 6, 2007 12:55 AM

Mar 2007
You have to see Vampire Hunter D! We have very similar tastes so I know you'll love it.
Jun 6, 2007 1:01 AM

Apr 2007
hmmm ... xD well I like more shoujo animes but i think you'd enjoy Card Captor Sakura. It's just too cute xDD

also fruits basket. I know a lot of guys who love it O_O

Juuni Kokuki
"Romeo and Juliet was originally supposed to be a horror starring Tybalt"
Jun 6, 2007 1:26 AM

Jun 2007
tsubasa chronicle! love that anime :P
Jun 6, 2007 3:43 AM
Oct 2006
Planetes. Really one of the best or even the best anime I've seen.
Jun 6, 2007 6:31 AM

Jun 2007
I suggest you finish RahXephon. I am not a fan of mecha anime, but RahXephon is one the few I enjoyed immensely.
Check out how a pimp blings.

Jun 6, 2007 2:46 PM
May 2005
fruits basket, im waiting for the new release from a4e, but it seems it's taking a while. Been thinking a bit of planetes, but i am not that found of SciFi actually.
Have downloded a few episodes of tsubasa chronicle the first S, but havent gotten to them yet ;p
Stormy_77, i guess you are meaning the movie from 2001?
I think i might start over with RahXephon when its summer, because i feel like I have to watch the episodes pretty fast to get a good "grip" of the story.
Jun 6, 2007 3:08 PM
Oct 2006
wicked2k said:
fruits basket, im waiting for the new release from a4e, but it seems it's taking a while. Been thinking a bit of planetes, but i am not that found of SciFi actually.
Have downloded a few episodes of tsubasa chronicle the first S, but havent gotten to them yet ;p
I think i might start over with RahXephon when its summer, because i feel like I have to watch the episodes pretty fast to get a good "grip" of the story.

Planetes is actually quite far from sci-fi. At least on my standards. It's a space series but I would say it's much more realistic than most series about space. And the characters are just pure gold. :p
Jun 6, 2007 10:44 PM
May 2005
hmm... maybe i'll downlode that one to then, do anyone have something to say about "fantastic children" btw? If its something like Last Exile, then I dont really wanna watch it xD
*gotta go fail my exam now =/ *
Jun 6, 2007 10:52 PM

May 2007
You only watched two episodes of Darker Than BLACK? You should definitely continue, I love that show. :] Which is odd because ... usually I don't like shows if they're not shoujo...

I just started watching Ghost Hunt. I'm on episode four so I can't say much about it so far but what I have seen I've really loved. You should give that a shot.
Jun 8, 2007 12:04 AM

Mar 2007
wicked2k said:

I meant Vampire Hunter D - Bloodlust. The other movie is just ok, animation quality is nowhere close to Bloodlust which was actually released in movie theatres briefly - it was worth watching it on the HUGE screen too.

Other stuff you might like :-

- Macross Plus - sci fi by the same guys who later did Bebop and Champloo.
- Mushishi - supernatural
- Whisper of the Heart - Ghibli / Miyazaki style with great story
- Shura No Toki - martial arts
Jun 8, 2007 1:25 AM
May 2005
i have seen Shura No Toki, have seen 20 episodes of mushishi, havent watched the two other tho. I dont think i will watch Macross Plus, scifi isnt my favorite. Whisper of the Heart seems nice.
Jun 8, 2007 6:17 PM

Mar 2007
Actually ... Macross Plus is about a love triangle accompanied by great music in a sci-fi setting. The sci fi part is purely incidental I swear! It's sci-fi in the same way you'd consider Cowboy Bebop sci-fi ... and Bebop isn't sci-fi really.
Jun 11, 2007 12:42 AM

May 2007
I think you would really like full metal alchemist
Jun 11, 2007 1:02 AM

Feb 2007
You have a lot more in my list than me...but...

Try;

Excel Saga
Karin

Continue;
Chrono Crusade
Jun 11, 2007 4:29 AM
May 2005
C0ba1t said:
I think you would really like full metal alchemist

You really think that? maybe I should rewatch it since I finished it about 2 and a half year ago ;p

BlueYoshi, I might downlode Excel Saga, dont think I will watch Karin. You guys dont have to tell me what to continue, because I need new series when I'm moving after summer, and i dont know if i will get internet ;p

More topics from this board

» Spoiled by the algorithm

zaako - 21 seconds ago

0 by zaako »»
21 seconds ago

» the worst anime season

Autonomia - 53 minutes ago

3 by Zettaiken »»
30 seconds ago

» What does it mean to have many shows in your * watching * list ?

Yonahim_Zz - 18 minutes ago

3 by Driz »»
2 minutes ago

» Do we need a 30 year old Husbando?

RedTea33 - 9 hours ago

4 by deg »»
7 minutes ago

» Anime you’ve been with for a while

Yonahim_Zz - 2 hours ago

10 by Zettaiken »»
8 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.