Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 21, 2020 5:35 AM
Jul 2018
I'm honestly surprised to see that this series is going to get adapted. It's no secret that I'm not a big fan of it, but I do find the creature designs rather interesting and unique. So I'm worried how those will translate to live action. Thoughts?

Source: Wikipedia
May 23, 2020 3:57 PM

May 2019
Oh boy it will most probably suck. They need a ridiculously high budget to make those unique monsters work as they should, which I doubt will happen.
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
May 23, 2020 4:25 PM

Jul 2019
An anime by Netflix? I sense all CGI animation
May 23, 2020 7:29 PM
Jul 2018
guych said:

Worse, it's live action.
May 23, 2020 7:39 PM

Jul 2019
Savasvania said:
guych said:

Worse, it's live action.
\
Oh shit my bad, I thought it was gonna be an anime. Hmmm, I most likely won't watch it but I might if they get the right actors
May 23, 2020 9:18 PM

Nov 2015
Can’t wait to see it
HACKs! 🤢🤮
May 26, 2020 8:45 PM

May 2018
The artstyle makes this series.
Live action is gonna suck like real bad.
May 30, 2020 9:08 AM
Dec 2016
i wish had an anime but let's see how they gonna do, it will be more easy a live action of Bastard
May 31, 2020 6:59 AM
Feb 2019
Deadzone1815 said:
i wish had an anime but let's see how they gonna do, it will be more easy a live action of Bastard
Actually Bastard should be easier as there won't be any monsters to animate.
Jun 5, 2020 7:47 PM

Mar 2014
Aaron_Fdo said:
Deadzone1815 said:
Actually Bastard should be easier as there won't be any monsters to animate.

But the internal monologues and flashbacks, thou...

Well, the only things Netflix produced who are sorta okay for me are Castlevania and Devilman Crybaby (no, I dont care they changed a lot of things on this one).

Will likely not watch.
FGO NA Code: 482.072.599

(F2P thug life of savings...)

Ben-to! best nonsensical action anime. Ever.
Jun 24, 2020 1:16 PM
May 2020
I just wanna say netflix did some nice anımes but dear netflix please just dont do adaptinos just dont i am beging to you
Jul 13, 2020 3:21 AM

Dec 2009
Nah, if it's Netflix this can be done very well if at least decent.
It'd be hard to fuck up the plot with this concept but yeah the CGI will be tough.
Aug 8, 2020 3:14 AM

May 2020
Shit, A Netflix Adaptation

I Play Games And Stuff
https://pastebin.com/11uWc8b7
Aug 18, 2020 11:54 PM
Sep 2018
Yall have to realize that netflix didn't make this. An actual k-drama company did everything, netflix just bought the streaming rights. The connotation behind "netflix adaptation" is just stupid

The budget is a whopping $2.4M USD PER EPISODE. I swear if I hear another person complaining about budget...
Aug 19, 2020 4:47 AM
Jul 2018
tzy_19 said:
Yall have to realize that netflix didn't make this. An actual k-drama company did everything, netflix just bought the streaming rights. The connotation behind "netflix adaptation" is just stupid

The budget is a whopping $2.4M USD PER EPISODE. I swear if I hear another person complaining about budget...

Nice straw man, no one mentioned budget here. Also, regardless of who made it, it may still end up looking janky because of the monster designs.
Aug 29, 2020 1:53 AM

May 2019
Savasvania said:
tzy_19 said:

Nice straw man, no one mentioned budget here. Also, regardless of who made it, it may still end up looking janky because of the monster designs.

nanimeanswhat said:
Oh boy it will most probably suck. They need a ridiculously high budget to make those unique monsters work as they should, which I doubt will happen.

shouldve gone to specsavers
honorary member of ninomiya squad
Sep 4, 2020 6:48 AM
Jul 2018
Lmaooooo the Irony

Sep 4, 2020 8:17 AM

Mar 2020
I'm a huge fan of the artist and his previous work- Bastard
kinda surprised they didn't do the live action of that as I'm p sure its more popular
Sep 4, 2020 5:55 PM
Jul 2018
Zerra said:
Lmaooooo the Irony

This is the most beautiful irony. I do plan on giving it at least a try though.
Sep 19, 2020 8:04 PM
Sep 2020
It was supposed to be in Netflix on June 13 I wonder what happened?
Sep 19, 2020 9:02 PM

May 2018
Savasvania said:
guych said:

Worse, it's live action.

Just lock the thread now then. We all already know its gonna be garbage.
CGI would be sickening too.

At this point if an anime wants to be CGI, either get on Lupin's level are don't even waste your time...
Nov 4, 2020 8:17 AM

Sep 2020
HulkTySSJ2 said:
Savasvania said:

Contact Netflix for some help.
Worse, it's live action.

Just lock the thread now then. We all already know its gonna be garbage.
CGI would be sickening too.

At this point if an anime wants to be CGI, either get on Lupin's level are don't even waste your time...

Anime on Netflix? Funny..
johnnparry55Nov 23, 2020 1:50 AM
I've not yet tasted enough! I have not had my fill!!!
Dec 2, 2020 7:43 PM
Dec 2018
this is more funny,ppl talking about how trash this gonna be without knowing that this drama adaptation is made by actual k drama company,not some rookie stupid studio

guys,the budget is 2.4M per episode!!!
that is an insane amount,
before we judge how sh*t it will look like,we should see from a lot of perspective.

K drama is a worldwide thing dude,
just like anime,just bcuz we see it as a live-action than thats it,its already a trash?

if anime is a thing that japan good at then u should know that drama is also a thing that korea are very proud of,dramas are like their own league.
Dec 20, 2020 3:59 AM

Jan 2018
Glad it wasn't an anime, it would've been terrible. This drama was spectacular!
Dec 29, 2020 3:16 PM
Dec 2020
I take it back, I just read the manga, and I like the show better. The dialogue is better in the film and there’s more depth too. I just binge watched the first season. The first episode or two with the creatures aren’t great with the CGI, but it gets better and better. Fucking loved the show and I’m sad there’s not another season already
BelareiDec 29, 2020 4:30 PM
Dec 31, 2020 7:00 PM

Nov 2009
I agree, I laughed at how bad the CGI was in episode 1 and then I binged the next 9 because the story was so good! The drama really went beyond, characterisation was amazing!
Jan 2, 2021 12:26 PM

Oct 2019
Yep lol, I see it pop up every time I log into my Netflix account. Judging from the 3 users above, it’s actually good! I’ll have to read the manhwa first though.
Jan 8, 2021 12:13 PM

Mar 2014
Gotta love how the flow of thread went from hating the idea of a live action adaptation to people liking it.

Classic MAL, never changes.
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Aug 6, 2021 2:48 AM

Jun 2014
People I guess have been used to Japanese or American live action adaptations. K-dramas are on another level. There actors are superb, not in terms of looks but characterization, emotions and facial expressions. Song Kang has been slaying every single role and Lee do Hyun has been my favorite upcoming actor.
Koreans are pretty adept at making live actions and great on that as well. They have been doing that flawlessly for quite sometime now. So it's nothing surprising for me.
Aug 6, 2021 3:16 PM

Nov 2015
PiedPiper_ said:
People I guess have been used to Japanese or American live action adaptations. K-dramas are on another level. There actors are superb, not in terms of looks but characterization, emotions and facial expressions. Song Kang has been slaying every single role and Lee do Hyun has been my favorite upcoming actor.
Koreans are pretty adept at making live actions and great on that as well. They have been doing that flawlessly for quite sometime now. So it's nothing surprising for me.
well sadly the adaptation was bad as expected .

Aug 6, 2021 10:58 PM

Jun 2014
TheAdo said:
PiedPiper_ said:

To be honest, I found it quite amazing and many people did. That's why it has a rating of 8.7
Aug 6, 2021 11:37 PM

Aug 2014
There's So Much Kdrama with the same genre going around. sweat home was a masterpiece in regards for diversity.
The first 5 episodes were amazing. the rest well that's a whole other story to discuss.

but the first 5 were pretty lit
Eps 6~8 was dope too captured the comic well enough,though certainly not perfect
Visuals were top notch, acting was great, soundtrack coulda used some work,though everything aside from Ep 9 it rly just went OOOOOOOOOOF, like... bruhh took a sharp dive
man
the cgi was not that bad tbh. except the protein monster though.. well haha
Overall including the other 3 episodes..
it was pretty good tbh.. it did deviated a tad but as a standalone drama
well worth the watch,exciting suspense,
but not including the last 2 episodes though... have some rly mixed feelings about that... :/ surely everyone that read the comic does

kinda sad though they Shouldn't have tried to clump in the rest of the content
into just 10 eps should have either ended it on a cliffhanger or just gone for 16episodes 12 at least..

live adaptation vice it was gold better than nothing
would given it a 9 but excluding the last 2 episodes i give it a 7.5/10
TheDiabolicEsperOct 10, 2021 6:32 AM

Aug 7, 2021 8:42 AM

Nov 2015
PiedPiper_ said:
TheAdo said:

To be honest, I found it quite amazing and many people did. That's why it has a rating of 8.7
well firstly it doesn't follow the actual ending of manhua that's why its kind bad for someone who read the manhua and waited for adaptation so most the ppl who loved it are the ones that didn't read it , secondly where did u get that rating from ? mydramalist lol ?

Aug 7, 2021 8:49 AM

Jun 2014
TheAdo said:
PiedPiper_ said:

well firstly it doesn't follow the actual ending of manhua that's why its kind bad for someone who read the manhua and waited for adaptation so most the ppl who loved it are the ones that didn't read it , secondly where did u get that rating from ? mydramalist lol ?

Yeah rating is from MDL. Secondly not following the source material doesn't automatically equate to bad lol. That's pretty animeish way of seeing things. If you look at the overall acting, characterization I adored it way more. And many did. Even I know many of my friends who read the original source liked the adaptation. If you didn't like it, doesn't mean everyone share the same feeling lol.
Aug 7, 2021 9:37 AM

Nov 2015
PiedPiper_ said:
TheAdo said:

Yeah rating is from MDL. Secondly not following the source material doesn't automatically equate to bad lol. That's pretty animeish way of seeing things. If you look at the overall acting, characterization I adored it way more. And many did. Even I know many of my friends who read the original source liked the adaptation. If you didn't like it, doesn't mean everyone share the same feeling lol.
"not following the source material doesn't automatically equate to bad " isn't that what they did with game of thrones thats not an anime btw , look man if u like it u like it , but as i said most of ppl who actually read the hole thing didn't like the rush and the ending and u can see that in discussion threads about manhua and adaptation everywhere .

IN SUMMARY :
-the first eps were kind decent ngl but the rest kind a meh .
-they shifted out from the actual moral of the story and choose to go the resident evil way.
-they skipped a lot of things and characters development and backstory .
-poor wook man.
-they missed the actual reason behind monsterization .
-MC doesn't feel like one he missed like 80 % of his character .
-and ofc the ending .
and many other details .

So it follows different story which make it good as spin-of but bad as an adaptation .

Jul 20, 2022 11:40 PM
Jul 2022
The K-drama is great. I wouldn't trash the CGI coz we can't do it better. I'm just sad that I didn't heard anything about 2. season, but they probably shut the production.
Aug 4, 2022 12:42 PM
Jul 2020
HueyLion said:
Gotta love how the flow of thread went from hating the idea of a live action adaptation to people liking it.

Classic MAL, never changes.

I mean kinda impossible to dislike it when T H E Song Kang was playing the main character,he's such a great and diverse actor since this role was completely different from all his previous ones
Aug 4, 2022 12:43 PM
Jul 2020
NikolasKingLi said:
The K-drama is great. I wouldn't trash the CGI coz we can't do it better. I'm just sad that I didn't heard anything about 2. season, but they probably shut the production.

huh?both a s2 and a s3 have been announced wth

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sweet Home Chapter 141 Discussion

waalex11 - Aug 31, 2020

31 by astoneon »»
Mar 12, 2:18 PM

» Should I have to read Shotgun boy before this?

Shaghaf - Oct 28, 2022

4 by TitanInsane »»
Dec 30, 2023 1:23 AM

» Live Action Season 02: Worth a Shot?

Barry_Allen_14 - Dec 7, 2023

3 by asdfkata »»
Dec 7, 2023 9:11 AM

» Thoughts on the new adaptation

zkl_ - Dec 18, 2020

11 by Raging_Berserker »»
Jul 17, 2022 4:10 PM

Poll: » Sweet Home Chapter 19 Discussion

MysticGekkougaZ - Dec 26, 2021

0 by MysticGekkougaZ »»
Dec 26, 2021 12:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.