Forum Settings
Forums
The Isolator (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 17, 2020 11:37 AM

Jun 2012
THIS IS A NOVEL ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS VOLUME.
----------------------------------------
It's hard to tell whether Liquidizer is really now an ally or not, she's still as mysterious as ever even though she had shown some weakness here and there.

Overall, this was an interesting transition in the story I would say. Lots of new problems arose, not just the negotiations with Liquidizer, but there's also the part with Stinger, as he's still a dangerous element, also there's that the small trouble brewing in his school, guess that new girl will join the unofficial harem XD. No new characters were introduced this time so it'll be nice if that new girl could join the SDF team, I think her power have some lethality uses as well, who knows if maybe she could be a key for the upcoming raid that they will do in the Ruby's base.

As for that lubricator guy, he's kinda a bit underwhelming to me. I'm not sure I'll even remember this character at all on the long wait again for vol. 6.

P.S. Oh right, was it even explained how the carbon film became frictionless? I think I missed the detail for that. Minoru just ignored it anyway and simply just stand in the road, I'm imagining it's something like from one of Dwayne Johhnson's movie with the esper kids that I can't remember the title.
Zaphkiel_El_RemMay 17, 2020 11:44 AM
Feb 7, 2021 10:30 AM
Jul 2017
Zaphkiel_El_Rem said:
THIS IS A NOVEL ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS VOLUME.
----------------------------------------
It's hard to tell whether Liquidizer is really now an ally or not, she's still as mysterious as ever even though she had shown some weakness here and there.

Overall, this was an interesting transition in the story I would say. Lots of new problems arose, not just the negotiations with Liquidizer, but there's also the part with Stinger, as he's still a dangerous element, also there's that the small trouble brewing in his school, guess that new girl will join the unofficial harem XD. No new characters were introduced this time so it'll be nice if that new girl could join the SDF team, I think her power have some lethality uses as well, who knows if maybe she could be a key for the upcoming raid that they will do in the Ruby's base.

As for that lubricator guy, he's kinda a bit underwhelming to me. I'm not sure I'll even remember this character at all on the long wait again for vol. 6.

P.S. Oh right, was it even explained how the carbon film became frictionless? I think I missed the detail for that. Minoru just ignored it anyway and simply just stand in the road, I'm imagining it's something like from one of Dwayne Johhnson's movie with the esper kids that I can't remember the title.

I liked the book, but I felt like this was the weakest one so far in terms of being a page-turner. For the first three books, I couldn't stop reading, but this one felt a bit slow and uninteresting in comparison. Still a good read, but I feel like it lacks something that the earlier books had. Maybe pacing? idk

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zettai naru Isolator Volume 3 Discussion

Zaphkiel_El_Rem - Dec 9, 2017

1 by lukinhasholic »»
Feb 25, 2019 7:20 AM

Poll: » Zettai naru Isolator Volume 2 Discussion

Komomo - Nov 15, 2016

1 by Zaphkiel_El_Rem »»
Dec 7, 2017 1:27 AM

Poll: » Zettai naru Isolator Volume 1 Discussion

-Karoshi- - Jan 31, 2015

10 by Zaphkiel_El_Rem »»
Dec 5, 2017 11:22 PM

» Anybody know when MAL will add Vol.2?

Tacco-sama - Feb 4, 2016

6 by Tacco-sama »»
Mar 20, 2016 12:17 PM

» I'm translating The Isolator

defan752 - Jan 12, 2015

0 by defan752 »»
Jan 12, 2015 9:24 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.