Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Which faction do you support?
Apr 7, 2020 7:54 AM

Mar 2014
Who would you support if you had to?

Yeagerists:

True patriots who remember how Eldians were slaughtered and presecuted by Marlyeans. They also don't have their heads in the clouds, they see harsh reality that world wants Paradis anihilated so for them the rumbling and attempt of Eldian Restoration is the only way to achieve peace. They dedicate their hearts to the cause of Eldia and respect fallen comrades.

Avengers:

Faced with harsh reality of Eldian retaliation they suddenly stopped giving a Fuko about fallen comrades, suddenly survival of Paradis, loyalty and friendship meant nothing and they sided with their archenemies to protect ppl who see them as monsters and want them exterminated. Even those delicious Mikasa's abs along with their owner turned against Eren for those supposedly humanitarian reasons. Battle hardened warriors who had seen horrors of war and went through many sacrifices suddenly behave like out of reality intellectuals deliberating about human rights and other lofty ideas.
Andrzej2Apr 7, 2020 8:06 AM
Apr 7, 2020 8:15 AM

Oct 2019
Zeke's no genitals bros>Avengers>Yeagerists
Apr 7, 2020 12:22 PM

Feb 2018
I'm on team Genocide but -

1) What Kiyomi said is true - they will still fight among themselves once the world is destroyed - it's just the population that will decrease [Insert Erwin's quote]

2) They ain't avengers, they cringevengers - and this chapter did show how big hypocrites they really are.

3) Hange is just being a globalist - a typical leftist; who thinks she is morally correct when she's not.
Apr 7, 2020 3:13 PM
Apr 2008
ThatShiny_Hex said:

1) What Kiyomi said is true - they will still fight among themselves once the world is destroyed - it's just the population that will decrease [Insert Erwin's quote]

2) They ain't avengers, they cringevengers - and this chapter did show how big hypocrites they really are.

3) Hange is just being a globalist - a typical leftist; who thinks she is morally correct when she's not.

You can't be more right than that.
Apr 7, 2020 3:30 PM

Sep 2018
My sympathies lay with Eren and him alone.
I feel more inclined to support the Yeagerists, even though Isayama clearly didn't intend to make them likable for the readers, by putting a guy like Floch in charge. Floch is someone who will easily misuse his power and try to manipulate Eren in the future. Seeing how Eren is distanced from everyone in the series it could even be argued that the yeageists are actually all Flochists parading as Erens supporters.

So, in short, I want Eren to win, but Floch to die
Apr 7, 2020 3:52 PM

Feb 2015
ThatShiny_Hex said:

100% this. Especially 2 & 3. Not even a peep about the torture from any of them. Though, I think 1 is more because of how forced and cartoonish the Yaeger bois are rather than it being a logical outcome.

My expectations, specifically of a satisfying ending, are getting lower and lower. Even if the genocide ending happens. The portrayals of everyone, both Yeager and Cringe are really disappointing, they're all so cartoony.

Apr 13, 2020 3:34 PM

Oct 2013
Yautja said:
ThatShiny_Hex said:

100% this. Especially 2 & 3. Not even a peep about the torture from any of them. Though, I think 1 is more because of how forced and cartoonish the Yaeger bois are rather than it being a logical outcome.

My expectations, specifically of a satisfying ending, are getting lower and lower. Even if the genocide ending happens. The portrayals of everyone, both Yeager and Cringe are really disappointing, they're all so cartoony.

Nothing Cartoony about these characters, both group of people are doing what they think is right, this is how the real world works and that is what Isayama is portraying here.

Cartoony characters are the ones that are doing it just for the shits and giggles or for something shallow.

This is a story of ideology/morality clashing with each other its as simple as that.

Now here is my question to you, tell me how you think Hani and company should react to this situation for them to not seem cartoony to you.

Floch is the leader of the yeagerist, that is his personality he is a trigger finger type of character that does not hesitate to use force, so his entire personality would have to change for you.

Hope you realize this is intentional from the author? Yelena even point out their bullshit in the previous chapter.

Again how are the yeager bois forced or cartoonish? Because they are extremely violent? And that they kill anyone that doesn't see eye to eye with them? You do realize they are behaving exactly like the government before they were taken down during the uprising arc, heck in a situation like this one where there entire people are going to die and they think Eren solution is the only way to save them, wouldn't they make sure in their power that Eren isn't stopped?

You don't have to agree with what they are doing, but don't just down play it as the characters being cartoonish especially when you don't have a solution to this problem either. To them this is a life and death situation, you are either with them or not that is basically their motto.

Final question, try and imagine you were their and you are a Eldian. Whose side would you choose? How would you react differently than say Hanji squad?

keragammingApr 13, 2020 3:42 PM
Apr 19, 2020 6:41 AM
May 2016
At first I was completely on Eren's side, but the past 2 chapters have really given a lot more scope to think about whether or not Eren's "final solution" is actually the best one they could make. Magath put it really well in the most recent chapter, turning a blind eye to the cycle of violence by choosing to perpetuate it won't result in fixing anything, as shown by the inner-conflict even on Paradis between the Yeagerists and everyone else. I completely understand why Eren is doing what he's doing, but I don't blame the Alliance whatsoever for opposing him in wanting to find a better means of resolving the conflict than total annihilation of the rest of the world.

Really love how this series has split its userbase with the past few chapters in regards to who people choose to side with, I think Isayama has crafted this conflict in a really fantastic way.
Apr 21, 2020 2:30 AM
Nov 2018
I am neutral, but leaning slightly towards the Alliance. Sure, the genocide ending might satisfy most of the people but it is just so... safe and bland. And IMO a safe ending is worse than a bad experimental one. Also, I feel that Armin and Mikasa, and possible Reiner, have a major role to play in regards to Eren. I feel the genocide just wouldn't give them satisfactory conclusions to their character arcs. Hopefully we get an Isayama-style unexpected ending.
May 21, 2020 9:32 PM

Jan 2009
im a globalist so i go with the avengers rather than the nationalist eren

and being globalist means saving both the rest of the world and paradis island why cannot eren even try to do that?

one more thing even in real life germany and japan that started world wars is not as hated much anymore this days and heck they become so rich countries too so why paradis island cannot be like that? if real life can do it then why fiction cannot?
May 22, 2020 3:25 AM
Apr 2019
My sympathy lies with Gabi and Historia.
May 22, 2020 4:40 PM
May 2017
Holy shit snk really has the worst fandom this manga deserve a better fandom accually most of the fans are just hypocrites and isayama by this manga showed us the truth of the humans(readers and fans)they are not logical they judje by their emotions they chose to side with the eldians just because the story was told by their pov they love violence they don't care for innocent people that is the truth of the people irl. They hate armin and say that he is a coward and get annoyed when he talks about finding a peaceful solution and when he decided to stain his hands with blood they say he is a bastard .
Sorry for bad english
May 22, 2020 9:02 PM

Jul 2016
deg said:
im a globalist so i go with the avengers rather than the nationalist eren

and being globalist means saving both the rest of the world and paradis island why cannot eren even try to do that?

one more thing even in real life germany and japan that started world wars is not as hated much anymore this days and heck they become so rich countries too so why paradis island cannot be like that? if real life can do it then why fiction cannot?

This was a good comparaison. And it has been shown the rest of the world is also at war. There are probably many countries who would want peace, maybe they could create something like the UN. SNK has a lot of themes that refer to WWII, obvious german inspired characters, ethnic prejudice, etc. This would be believable. I’m also a globalist.
May 24, 2020 3:49 AM
Oct 2019
goku121hyper said:
Holy shit snk really has the worst fandom this manga deserve a better fandom accually most of the fans are just hypocrites and isayama by this manga showed us the truth of the humans(readers and fans)they are not logical they judje by their emotions they chose to side with the eldians just because the story was told by their pov they love violence they don't care for innocent people that is the truth of the people irl. They hate armin and say that he is a coward and get annoyed when he talks about finding a peaceful solution and when he decided to stain his hands with blood they say he is a bastard .
Sorry for bad english

bro, if you look at BnHA then you will see that AOT have more of a crazy fandom rather than a downright bad fandom, we just wanna say our own thing thats all

More topics from this board

» Should the new "volume 35" art book with an extra chapter about Levi's backstory be considered part of this series or should it get its own entry on here?

ryan77999 - May 1

8 by deg »»
Yesterday, 12:42 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 139 / Ending Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

NextUniverse - Apr 7, 2021

1875 by Berry-Vodka »»
May 3, 8:17 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 138 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Mar 5, 2021

1128 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 25, 11:25 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 4 Discussion

MagEarwhig - Sep 11, 2011

25 by HenryDanger »»
Apr 24, 6:34 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 141 Discussion

venti_e - Sep 30, 2022

32 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 20, 1:36 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.