Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 13, 2020 6:01 AM

Jun 2016
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
That was amazing. A perfect way to finish the east west battle. Ten was never sitting on a multi sided wait. He passed up his single wait because his hand wasn’t going to reach mangan yet. He drew a chun for a concealed kan and from there, he circled back to draw that tile once more. Of course that would throw Harada for a loop, who the heck would think of doing that, a godlike hand for a game like 2player. As for Harada. He fought, he fought hard. I felt bad for him!! I feel like the position he was put in was what one would expect the protagonist to be put in. Ten made this hand with lots of “not giving up” and then cutting to Harada. Even if Ten was the underdog, the main struggle this final play of the game was on Harada. He thought of everything and only when it was too late did Ten find his kan and receive the devil's luck to draw his final tile. The tie from clear mahjong is over. This 98 chapter battle has come to a close. And east had won.

“A terrible starting hand… Not making any progress with my draws… The enemy was quick to advance… Even in a bad situation like that if… you follow the possibilities with sincerity… you can get it! A comeback win…! You can climb up…! To victory…!”

Overall I found 2player to feel largely about the game itself in a way the other games that were played didn’t feel as much about. I suppose that’s great, the final deciding factor was a skill based game of one on one combat between Harada and Ten with no cheating.

Dec 22, 2020 4:21 AM

Mar 2017
Wow, what a conclusion! It feels like I held my breath for 10 chapters or so lol

What a bold move, to wait on drawing the fourth chun so he could declare a closed kan... amazing. I don't blame Harada for his reasoning, no one could have seen this coming. One could say this whole showdown between East and West has been dragged out, but I don't feel that way. It was filled with excitement from start to finish, and while I wish there were more opponents for them to fight, in different constellations with different stakes, I feel very satisfied with this arc! And what better way to finish it, than with this skill-based test of their calibers. I would not have been mad if Harada won right there, too. He was a great antagonist!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ten Chapter 164 Discussion

Nidhoeggr - Jun 15, 2010

9 by teamroach007 »»
Oct 30, 2021 2:47 PM

Poll: » Ten: Tenhou-doori no Kaidanji Chapter 144 Discussion

gfsdfgsdgsdfgs - Mar 26, 2020

1 by Leigh39 »»
Dec 22, 2020 11:08 AM

Poll: » Ten: Tenhou-doori no Kaidanji Chapter 140 Discussion

gfsdfgsdgsdfgs - Mar 25, 2020

1 by Leigh39 »»
Dec 22, 2020 10:54 AM

Poll: » Ten: Tenhou-doori no Kaidanji Chapter 138 Discussion

gfsdfgsdgsdfgs - Mar 20, 2020

1 by Leigh39 »»
Dec 22, 2020 10:41 AM

Poll: » Ten: Tenhou-doori no Kaidanji Chapter 137 Discussion

gfsdfgsdgsdfgs - Mar 19, 2020

1 by Leigh39 »»
Dec 22, 2020 10:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.