Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 16, 2020 9:22 AM

Dec 2015
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Finally read the new chapter!

The interaction between Kiyo and Azumi nearly made me tear up, I just love this series so much and even though it's been a while since I've reread it, Kiyo's feelings of being driven into a corner, left behind by everyone around him, confused and lost on his path are so painstakingly familiar to me.
This piece of advice, of returning to the beginning, when you feel as though you've lost everything, are such important words.
Seeing him reconnect everything with the time before he lost his leg to when he just wanted his mom to be proud of him, confess to Azumi etc.
I just remembered how much his character and his life (albeit he's never existed outside of fiction) mean to me and it made me want to reread this whole series.
It's been almost exactly 3 years (!) since I've discovered it and so much has changed and yet so much has stayed the same when I look back at my life and myself.
This series has continued to connect with me in a really special way and it keeps inspiring me to become a better person and push myself a lot more in so many areas and at the same time to also be that much more compassionate towards myself when I fail to reach those self-imposed goals.
I love it so much and even though it might not ever be resolved in the way Inoue originally intended or finish prematurely, I value it for everything it has given me on this journey to the ending.

Also I never really thought about the classification system in regards to Takahashi, hearing his father frame him in this class, was somewhat shocking.

Inoue illustrated this conflict, this feeling of All or Nothing when it came to the attempt at shooting in the end, so very well.

Btw I'm not sure why but the new art style is confusing me a little since there are times when I can't tell whether it's been drawn digitally or not.
May 20, 2020 7:34 AM

May 2016
I've only just found out that there's one more chapter out and I was actually really happy to be able to read another chapter of REAL this year. It's been so long since I've last read it but this reminded me of how the story's got me so emotionally invested in the main trio!

It's great that Togawa was able to finally talk to Azami about his new goal in life and it was heartwarming to see Nobu's dad studying wheelchair basketball so he can understand his son more.

Despite having done enough training to be proficient at the sport, his attachment for the past is still preventing him from moving forward. I really hope that we'll be able to find out how things go for them and Nomiya soon.

Jul 29, 2020 1:38 AM

Mar 2020
Hisanodu finally mastered training that he has been working on for 4 months and is ready for shooting, is he?
“Life is a constant process of dying.”
Jan 16, 1:28 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Interesting the clasification of the players by points or disabilities!
kekeke

More topics from this board

Poll: » Real Chapter 95 Discussion

ryzxgum - Dec 2, 2023

7 by Ranxomare »»
Apr 7, 10:07 AM

Poll: » Real Chapter 96 Discussion

ryzxgum - Feb 23

4 by outolunch »»
Mar 16, 7:37 AM

Poll: » REAL Chapter 36 Discussion

AlexSadist-sama - Nov 4, 2011

12 by _Zanga »»
Feb 29, 5:52 AM

Poll: » Real Chapter 90 Discussion

outolunch - Aug 26, 2020

7 by astoneon »»
Feb 26, 2:56 PM

Poll: » Real Chapter 86 Discussion

Klad - Aug 29, 2019

4 by astoneon »»
Feb 26, 2:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.