Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 26, 2020 3:04 PM

Mar 2014
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Again another ride of ups and downs. As always like the new ideas (all about Athena being treated as "the goddess who will bring destruction to humanity" instead as a human + Aioros fighting the golden saints + Vander) but the ejecution didn't improved compared the first half like the music, the drama and the role of the rest of the bronze saints. I liked how they handled Misty but didn't like about Mu interrupting the battle with his commentaries.

Without doubt my biggest complaint of the new episodes is Shiryu vs Perseus, the amazing battle of shields is summarized in a couple of seconds! In this version Shiryu just poked his eyes without hestitation because "yes" and he is already ok with that!

Also Aioria's "change of band" part is bad too. Originally he joins to Saori's party after he learns the truth of his older brother but here he is aware of the situation since the beginning so it should had been a different approach to be more reasonable his change of thoughts.

But well, at least the next season gonna be the 12 houses arc.

Jan 30, 2020 9:21 AM

Jan 2009
not bad i do not know the original TV anime at all but i find this shorter reboot good enough to know the story but damn is the action lacking though compared to the awesome action scenes on the OP song of it

hopefully we see a sequel to this since that cliffhanger ending is so bad lol

cosmo is infinite as long as you keep your spirits up
Jan 31, 2020 7:25 AM

Oct 2011
butchered the original in many ways but ig it could have been even worse(?)

lets see now that we don't have evil robots and stuff if they manage to do justice to 12 houses arc

"When the time is yours,
the future is waiting,
The person you become,
and the people you're creating.
"
Dec 9, 2021 2:30 PM

Oct 2013
Heh, I have a weak soft spot for Saint Seiya and this anime definitely was not perfect, butchering the original story in many ways, but it had some positive or at least mediocre (so not bad) moments.
Jan 1, 2023 5:55 AM
Dec 2022
This anime is the worst thing ever about saint seiya

More topics from this board

» Am I the only fan the original anime who actually likes this adaptation?

boldulysses - Aug 9, 2019

9 by kratos_aurion »»
Apr 21, 2023 7:23 AM

Poll: » Knights of the Zodiac: Saint Seiya Episode 11 Discussion

deg - Jan 30, 2020

1 by Adnash »»
Dec 8, 2021 4:05 PM

Poll: » Knights of the Zodiac: Saint Seiya Episode 10 Discussion

deg - Jan 30, 2020

1 by Adnash »»
Dec 8, 2021 3:01 PM

Poll: » Knights of the Zodiac: Saint Seiya Episode 9 Discussion

deg - Jan 29, 2020

1 by Adnash »»
Dec 8, 2021 2:26 PM

Poll: » Knights of the Zodiac: Saint Seiya Episode 8 Discussion

deg - Jan 29, 2020

1 by Adnash »»
Dec 8, 2021 1:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.