Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Dec 27, 2022 3:23 PM

May 2022
RazielZero said:
Alice almost kissing a mentally disabled person seems a little weird, but okay. Kirito's harem is ever growing.
It was nice to see the two girls again. Hope they won't come to harm.
At this point I'm guessing we will have 1-2 episodes of fighting before Asuna finally shows up (and probably others as well). I wonder what kind of account she will use, since they only had like 4-5 there, like sacred art master or whatever.
There is no harem, and Alice was expressing conflict within herself on whether she could express feelings in hopes of waking Kirito up, even though she is only a created being with the intent to fight.
Dec 27, 2022 4:11 PM

May 2022
DiamondDust9 said:
Nemesis16 said:

Why do you even still watch this series when you clearly hate it with all of those points? It's impressive how so many of you still watch something that you dislike. You would thought that after three seasons it would become clear that this series isn't for you if those points (which some are completely wrong, like the first, if you ever read the LN and know Alice thoughts, but you didn't so you think she loves him or Fanatio loving Kirito when she's in love for hundred of years with Bercouli) and your absurd hate for the Protagonist of the series that won't go anywhere.

You’re making a few assumptions about me here. I don’t exactly hate SAO. In fact, years ago when it started I loved it. Over the years I’ve come to realize that it’s got a lot of flaws, but I still have enough interest to see it through. I do still enjoy it. I also said it was the first episode of the season that I didn’t like. There’s also a part of me that likes to make fun of the show with my friends, it’s fun to meme SAO. The concept of Kirito deflecting something while in a coma is hilarious whether you love or hate the show imo.

I don’t have an interest in the LN. If there’s some added detail only in the LN they should’ve put it in the anime, that excuse doesn’t work. All I know is that Alice almost tried to kiss him, right? If she has feelings for him at all then I dislike that scene. Fanatio and Alice were literally jealously fighting for Kirito’s attention at one point. Even if they don’t have feelings for him, that trope is overused in SAO. Fanatio’s gender insecurity felt too forced and trivial. Have you ever noticed that every notable female that Kirito encounters comes with some kind of emotional baggage, and Kirito always ends up magically solving all of their problems? Fanatio could have just been a strong female knight, but because she’s female the author wanted to give her an issue that Kirito could solve, it’s kind of ridiculous.

You can dislike the scene with Alice, but that doesn't mean that makes the show bad. There is no harem at all despite all the haters who whine and complain because they can't pay well enough attention, and then try to paint the show in a negative light, ruining its reputation. Alice was expressing conflict on whether she could express feelings despite being a created being with the intent to fight as her character arc continues to be driven forward. She cares about Kirito and takes inspiration from his virtue from the previous season, but that does not mean she wants to fucking get all over him in love. She also wants to protect the Human Empire just as much as Kirito and Eugeo, carrying that virtue.
Jan 4, 2023 3:12 PM

Mar 2021
The quest to find a girl who’s not in love with Kirito continues
Jan 8, 2023 2:35 AM
Jul 2016
AwesomeAli2832 said:
DiamondDust9 said:

You’re making a few assumptions about me here. I don’t exactly hate SAO. In fact, years ago when it started I loved it. Over the years I’ve come to realize that it’s got a lot of flaws, but I still have enough interest to see it through. I do still enjoy it. I also said it was the first episode of the season that I didn’t like. There’s also a part of me that likes to make fun of the show with my friends, it’s fun to meme SAO. The concept of Kirito deflecting something while in a coma is hilarious whether you love or hate the show imo.

I don’t have an interest in the LN. If there’s some added detail only in the LN they should’ve put it in the anime, that excuse doesn’t work. All I know is that Alice almost tried to kiss him, right? If she has feelings for him at all then I dislike that scene. Fanatio and Alice were literally jealously fighting for Kirito’s attention at one point. Even if they don’t have feelings for him, that trope is overused in SAO. Fanatio’s gender insecurity felt too forced and trivial. Have you ever noticed that every notable female that Kirito encounters comes with some kind of emotional baggage, and Kirito always ends up magically solving all of their problems? Fanatio could have just been a strong female knight, but because she’s female the author wanted to give her an issue that Kirito could solve, it’s kind of ridiculous.

You can dislike the scene with Alice, but that doesn't mean that makes the show bad. There is no harem at all despite all the haters who whine and complain because they can't pay well enough attention, and then try to paint the show in a negative light, ruining its reputation. Alice was expressing conflict on whether she could express feelings despite being a created being with the intent to fight as her character arc continues to be driven forward. She cares about Kirito and takes inspiration from his virtue from the previous season, but that does not mean she wants to fucking get all over him in love. She also wants to protect the Human Empire just as much as Kirito and Eugeo, carrying that virtue.

I don’t care if you consider it a harem, it’s garbage writing to have all of your female characters revolve around Kirito like he is the next coming of Jesus Christ. There’s no way I could ever take that seriously. Maybe if Kirito himself didn’t have about as much personality as a brick I would be ok with it. I could write pages of text on what makes SAO bad, because I’ve seen every episode and even used to be a fan. it’s not just that scene with Alice. It seems that you like the show and I simply like watching it because I find how bad it is to be entertaining. Both are fine, even if we disagree.
Jan 19, 2023 7:15 PM

Nov 2010
Alice falls for Kirito, and they almost kiss. Too bad she got distracted at the last moment!
The bickering between Alice and Fanatio over Kirito was cute.
SAO version of 300 begins.
Dec 16, 2023 6:17 PM

Nov 2023
Good job alice, keep your doing
Dec 17, 2023 9:28 PM

Dec 2019
That last minute gave me the chills.
Pretend there's something flashy and cool here.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2019

261 by futurelemon »»
Apr 15, 9:24 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2019

193 by RicFie »»
Apr 13, 10:27 AM

Poll: » Favorite SAO couple? [Spoilers]

Kazu-chan-san - Feb 17

7 by Zarutaku »»
Feb 17, 10:24 AM

» why do people like alice? ( 1 2 )

JoshMan - Oct 23, 2019

72 by DiamSilver »»
Feb 5, 10:18 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2019

160 by dilaxd »»
Jan 17, 1:30 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.