Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 31, 2019 1:46 AM
May 2019
there's this anime that some people are mad about because they cut off some good scenes from the manga, unbeknownst to them the studio already wrote it in the anime description that the source is based on its light novel. is some people really that lazy to read the anime's information or what smh?
Oct 31, 2019 1:48 AM
Jul 2018
People always think that the story in any source needs be the same that's why. In my opinion, it's stupid because the truth is u can't make the same way as the manga or light novel.
Oct 31, 2019 1:53 AM

Jul 2016
Not as annoying as the viewership inequality between TV episodes and later-released OVA episodes.
Oct 31, 2019 1:54 AM

Oct 2013
Even if it was based off the manga, it's like adapting a book into a movie, some stuffs going to be cut or shortened to save time. It sucks, but that's just how it is.
Nothing will ever be 100% like the source material, and people should just accept that.
Oct 31, 2019 2:01 AM

Feb 2013
yeah i usually find it odd when people compare anime with manga, when the source is light novel
Oct 31, 2019 2:40 AM
Jul 2018
That's not really odd. I mean it is adapting something so it's only natural to compare it to the OG and be disappointed when the job was done worse.
Oct 31, 2019 3:39 AM

Oct 2019
of course they should be mad. entitled people like those should aLwaYs gEt wHaT tHeY WaNt
Oct 31, 2019 6:58 AM
Jul 2018
They are better than SJWs who complain about fanservice
Oct 31, 2019 8:04 AM

Oct 2008
Well I actually have an opinion on this topic. The light novel "Mushoku Tensei" will be addapted soon. I have only read the manga however, so honestly I would be upset if things that happened in the manga don't occur in the anime adaptation. However the manga is based on the light novel, so I don't think the studio or staff will screw it up.
Oct 31, 2019 8:08 AM
Sep 2019
I think they're gonna have some stuff out and it's usually for good reason. I'd like to think that it's for pacing. Some things that work in the manga, don't necessarily translate well in animation. They're going to have to cut things like that out, even at the risk of pissing a few people off. Another reason could be budget. Animation is much more expensive than manga and if cutting out a few hopefully unnecessary frames that you wouldn't need to tell a cohesive story saves you some money then that should be understandable.
Ya boy is going to Con Alt Delete 2020! See you there!

Oct 31, 2019 8:22 AM
May 2019
zieek said:
Well I actually have an opinion on this topic. The light novel "Mushoku Tensei" will be addapted soon. I have only read the manga however, so honestly I would be upset if things that happened in the manga don't occur in the anime adaptation. However the manga is based on the light novel, so I don't think the studio or staff will screw it up.
so from what you're saying, there is a manga that isn't based on its light novel then (wow i find that surprising).
Oct 31, 2019 8:23 AM

Feb 2010
Sourcefaggotry is an extremely brain-numbing disease, some people even whine about the anime being different from the manga when the anime is the original and the manga came afterwards. Sourcefaggotry inhibits any rational thought as well as any enjoyment potentially felt from an adaption. It turns people into nitpicky little bastards, unable to appreciate an anime for what it is, not caring about quality, writing, pacing or anything other than it being a panel by panel adaption of what they think is the source (whether it really is the source or not is secondary)

It's best to ignore the common sourcefaggot in its natural habitat (episode discussion threads) because they feel easily provoked by common sense and simple enjoyment, and potentially bite off your fingers when you try to engage them in rational debate. But if you feel cheritable, grab your gun and put them down gently, relieving them of the misery of their biased existence.
I probably regret this post by now.
Oct 31, 2019 8:26 AM
May 2019
Pullman said:
Sourcefaggotry is an extremely brain-numbing disease, some people even whine about the anime being different from the manga when the anime is the original and the manga came afterwards. Sourcefaggotry inhibits any rational thought as well as any enjoyment potentially felt from an adaption. It turns people into nitpicky little bastards, unable to appreciate an anime for what it is, not caring about quality, writing, pacing or anything other than it being a panel by panel adaption of what they think is the source (whether it really is the source or not is secondary)

It's best to ignore the common sourcefaggot in its natural habitat (episode discussion threads) because they feel easily provoked by common sense and simple enjoyment, and potentially bite off your fingers when you try to engage them in rational debate. But if you feel cheritable, grab your gun and put them down gently, relieving them of the misery of their biased existence.
best comment hands down (and there is a way to put them down gently huh? i thought they're just some mindless beast that keeps ranting about some scenes from the manga/ln that didn't show up in the anime).

More topics from this board

» Do you wish your culture was more represent in anime?

Spunkert - 8 hours ago

21 by DarkShame2 »»
27 seconds ago

» Criticism You Don't Understand.

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

48 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
1 minute ago

Poll: » Do you perfer Split Cour or Consecutive Cour?

animegamer245 - Yesterday

22 by FanofAction »»
8 minutes ago

» Has anime made you erotophobic?

LenRea - 53 minutes ago

8 by TheMechaManiac »»
13 minutes ago

» "This was a Masterpiece!!!" sections or moments in shows that aren't that.

APolygons2 - 26 minutes ago

1 by Zarutaku »»
14 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.