Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 1, 2019 1:06 PM

Jul 2012
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Dr.Stone. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Senku's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Dr.Stone truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Senku's existential catchphrase "100億満万点," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them. 😂

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Dr.Stone tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably
lower) beforehand.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 1, 2019 1:21 PM

May 2019
You are 100億満万点 right my friend, i mean some of the jokes even go over my head and then when i re-watch the episode i realize it and proceed to laugh at my own stupidity, and when i remember that there are people who couldn't understand these jokes at all i just can't stop laughing, and after laughing at their idiocy i drink a bit of my own piss.
Oct 1, 2019 1:58 PM
Feb 2017
The humor is alright I guess. Maybe it's because I wanted a more mature series, but sometimes the jokes just don't hit well.
Oct 3, 2019 11:13 PM
Nov 2018
Shadzzo said:
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Dr.Stone. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Senku's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Dr.Stone truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Senku's existential catchphrase "100億満万点," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them. 😂

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Dr.Stone tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably
lower) beforehand.

Rick and Morty rant lol
Oct 4, 2019 12:45 PM

Aug 2012
Shadzzo said:

lower) beforehand.
For some smart Seiku is really dumb most times. For instance consider how much effort he made into curing Ruri and never considered onions and garlic... In fact he is determined to ignore the medicines based on extract of plants for the more complicated to produce chemical ones although there is no advantage to the chemical ones if you do not to manufacture a lot of them fast.
Oct 4, 2019 1:15 PM
Oct 2019
Shadzzo said:

lower) beforehand.

You know you remind me of all the rick and morty fans back when it first came out =P i dont think i have a high iq at all prob on the lower end of avg and and i understand Dr.Stone <3

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2019

150 by anshumankrsingh »»
Apr 7, 5:35 AM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2019

196 by anshumankrsingh »»
Apr 6, 6:28 AM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 5, 2019

486 by Luban1 »»
Mar 18, 8:08 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Syureria - Dec 13, 2019

335 by Matchappie »»
Mar 5, 5:43 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2019

161 by Matchappie »»
Mar 5, 5:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.