Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 27, 2019 6:25 PM

Nov 2016
Not going to talk about One punch man for obvious reasons,
but the second season of Log Horizon was super disapointing after how good the first one was.
Sep 27, 2019 6:46 PM
Jan 2019
Season 2 of Haruhi has to be one of the dumbest wastes of time ever. Endless 8 should not have been 8 full episodes.

Hayate no Gotoku seasons 3 and 4 were really disappointing, especially season 4. I love the first 2 seasons of HNG, so I was so hyped going into S3 and S4. I almost dropped S3 and forced myself to watch S4 because I was told it is supposed to get really good. *Spoiler* It did not.

Shugo Chara Party was terrible compared to the first 2 seasons (and the second season was not nearly as good as the first season). God why did they do half animated half Live Action episodes?
Sep 27, 2019 10:46 PM

Jan 2011
Steins Gate 0... Though looking back it was impossible for it to live up to the hype

i guess Unlimited Blade Works? it was an underwhelming continuation to Fate Zero imo
silversaintSep 27, 2019 11:10 PM
Sep 27, 2019 11:09 PM

Jun 2016
I recently watched the mobile suit gundam 00 movie. I didn't like the aliens as antagonists. It felt weird seing aliens in gundam, battles against them were boring and they weren't as fleshed out as previous 00 antagonists. A lot of characters seemed to revert back to how they where in season 1 which was crap. Shame since I think that season 2 was a big improvement over season 1 and I expected the same for the movie. The cinema sequence at the start and the song by the black horn were really good though.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Sep 27, 2019 11:09 PM
Aug 2017
Psycho pass 2, opm 2, tg both ✓a & re:2, overlord 2(first half to be specific), code Geass r2.
Sep 27, 2019 11:19 PM
Jul 2018
DanMachi 2 is very disappointing, I hope the 3rd season is better

Another one that comes to mind is Log Horizon 2, it wasn't actually bad, we just didn't care for any of the characters that 80% of the season was focusing on
Sep 27, 2019 11:24 PM
May 2019
Definitely Berserk with its lame CGI and not following the manga. Also Yowamushi Pedal, it suddenly became boring, just like the other sports anime that follows the same routine.
Sep 28, 2019 4:33 AM

Sep 2016
- Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai Next: The first season is mediocre, but at least Kodaka's 'delinquent' moments were entertaining. The second season doesn't have any such moments for some reason, which kills the only unique aspect of this anime.

- Kizumonogatari I: Tekketsu-hen & Kizumonogatari II: Nekketsu-hen: Dialogue and surrealness are important aspects of the Monogatari series and those are lacking in these movies. Pretty visuals aren't enough to compensate for that. Koyomi's lunatic behaviour in the first movie is exaggerated to the point of being annoying and the second movie has moments where the music is unfitting. The weakest parts of the series.

- Nisekoi: (S2): There is very little plot progression, which makes it feel like you're watching an OVA instead of a sequel. Also, bad title for a sequel since pronunciation is the same and that creates confusion.

- Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai. (S2) Specials: It has a terrible ending that is not only disappointing because of the story itself, but also from a writing perspective. Don't bother teasing viewers with incest unless you have the guts to go through with it. Such a waste of potential. Bad title for a sequel, by the way.

- Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Special: Nekogoroshi-hen: It ends with an empty conclusion, which makes the mystery pointless.

- Kyoukai no Kanata Movie 2: I'll Be Here - Mirai-hen: Feels pointless, and Akihito and Mirai don't confess to each other even though they are clearly infatuated with each other.

- Non Non Biyori: Okinawa e Ikukoto ni Natta: I wanted to see the characters do things IN Okinawa instead of watching them prepare for 20 minutes and then leaving before the anime abruptly ends. It's misleading and it doesn't deliver.

- Sword Art Online II: It doesn't fix the issues of the first season and strays away from its concept even further. The romance between Kirito and Asuna completely vanished. The Excalibur arc is stupid.

- Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Movie 3: Hangyaku no Monogatari: Utterly pointless and barely anything makes sense. It's an insult to the TV season.

- Neon Genesis Evangelion: The End of Evangelion: Half of the movie consists of nonsensical visuals and dialogue that don't explain anything.

I rated all of these 4/10 or lower and consider them worse than prior seasons. Psycho-Pass 2 is inferior, but it's still a decent anime so it didn't actually disappoint me. I haven't seen One Punch Man 2nd Season. Everyone who can't appreciate Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu (2009) needs to get better taste.
Apoc_RevolutionSep 28, 2019 4:45 AM

Sep 28, 2019 4:39 AM
Dec 2018
Overlord III because of bad cgi. The most epic scene in the whole story went into cringe mode because of it. Yeah the viewer rating was also an issue so they couldn't show all the blood&body parts flying around like in the LN but it still didn't excused the 1995 CGI.
Sep 28, 2019 4:54 AM

May 2018
Danmachi 2 is not as good as season 1.
Sep 29, 2019 3:07 PM

Mar 2019
How are people still dumb enough to think that UBW was a sequel

Also Log Horizon season 2
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Is it weird to be attracted to anime characters under the age of 18?

bluefin2004 - Today

34 by Toooooooooohru »»
14 seconds ago

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 3 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 23

111 by girltokyo »»
51 seconds ago

» Do you drop shows? ( 1 2 )

EverRealm - Apr 23

81 by girltokyo »»
4 minutes ago

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 3 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

130 by -YaoiBoy- »»
22 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

216 by Coaghim »»
30 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.