Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 5, 2019 11:40 AM
May 2016
Let me know is it just because its not popular?
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Sep 18, 2019 4:56 PM
Apr 2012
Seriously lol. I love it. It's different, it's funny, and reminds me of cowboy Bebop. Nice to watch something new. I gave it at 8 because I'm entertained and adore the characters.
Sep 20, 2019 2:24 PM
Jun 2011
Its a anime that wants to follow the foot steps of shows like cowboy bepop/spacy dandy/etc yet it lacks the likability of such shows imo english dub wise.

Philly the kid starts off as one heck of a jerk type character that only gets less jerkish towards the middle of the series but I still find him unlikable as a character. The only thing I can relate to him which isn't a good trait for liking a character is being annoyed by the following 2 next characters that is Turnbuckle and Sam.

Turnbuckle and Sam are simply noisy characters and have no real character traits other than being side characters to make the main character do something for an episode and have a backstory.

The young prince, the king, the body guard, and the villain: all of these characters are one note cliche characters such as the young prince is snobby, the king's character is simply being a king, the body guard is simply a body guard, and the villain is simply a villain. The idea of a machine kingdom suppressing a magic kingdom which causes a magic kingdom to rise up against the machine kingdom sounds cool on paper but the execution through using these 4 characters made me want to skip the flash back and flash present scenes to get back to Philly the kid having to deal with 2 noisy annoying characters again as I would rather be annoyed than being bored.

I guess the only characters I kind of liked was the drunk assassin character but he came and gone. Same could probably be said about most of the one of characters but since they come and go incredibly fast I tend to feel disappointed that they couldn't stay for the whole ride as that is a recurring thing starting as early as episode 3 or so.

I would rate the show as incredibly average because if I wanted to watch a action show that has some goofiness to it. Then why would I spend the time to watch an incredibly average/annoying/cliche show when I could watch or rewatch the classics that people compare this average anime to?

I don't know who the target audience of this show is other than people who haven't watched trigun/space dandy/cowboy bebop and enjoy anime because its simply anime and have the free time to spend watching whatever.

If you have watched trigun/space dandy/cowboy bebop, then you are watching this show to see if its as good as these shows and I feel like your enjoyment will vary from terrible-average.
Nov 17, 2019 3:56 PM

Nov 2015
Because haters think it’s not ANIME
HACKs! 🤢🤮
Nov 18, 2019 11:59 AM
Jun 2008
Old_School_Akira said:

This. There are people who claim that it's not Anime because the source material is a Western source material, or there are people who claim that it's not Anime because it was released in both English and Japanese at the same time. There are also people who call the series cliche without actually watching something for themselves simply because the show shares quite a few tropes with certain series as if these shows somehow own the tropes and thus are the only ones which can utilize them.
Nov 18, 2019 7:18 PM

Jan 2014
Yemi_Hikari said:
Old_School_Akira said:

This. There are people who claim that it's not Anime because the source material is a Western source material, or there are people who claim that it's not Anime because it was released in both English and Japanese at the same time. There are also people who call the series cliche without actually watching something for themselves simply because the show shares quite a few tropes with certain series as if these shows somehow own the tropes and thus are the only ones which can utilize them.

I agree. While the show isn't the best thing since sliced bread, the world-building, art direction, and characters were there, even if the execution wasn't perfect. I think the score's too low to reflect the actual quality of the show.
Nov 20, 2019 8:51 PM
Dec 2012
6.6 average is already a above average score. If y'all really saying this is objectively a 8 or higher, I believe you must have watched it on some hard drugs. There's nothing wrong with liking something, but don't try to pretend it's low rating is only cus "haters!" and that it's far beyond it's given score, because it isn't.
Nov 20, 2019 9:11 PM

Dec 2013
I just didn't care for the show. Characters seem kinda bland. Maybe I was expecting too much.
Nov 21, 2019 2:12 PM
Jun 2008
I thought the score was still down in the 5's.
Nov 29, 2019 6:31 AM
Oct 2019
Actually, this doesn't happen only with Cannon Busters, but with a lot of other shows here. Anyway, this is not the actual point.

And Cannon Busters is an actual good series. Not the best I've ever saw, but a good one. And when we compare it with other Netflix's shows wich are actual crappy stuff (cof, cof, Sword Gai, cof, cof, Ultramarine Magmell, cof, cof, A.I.C.O. Incarnation, cof, cof Children of the Whales, cof, cof, Fate/Apocrypha, cof, cof etc), Cannon Busters is actually a lot better than them.

Cannon Busters should desire a 7, maybe. 7 or 7,5. And I think the second season can be a lot better if Netflix put more money on it, since the first season basically used the crownfunding money.

Blazeofspikes said:
Its a anime that wants to follow the foot steps of shows like cowboy bepop/spacy dandy/etc yet it lacks the likability of such shows imo english dub wise.

Philly the kid starts off as one heck of a jerk type character that only gets less jerkish towards the middle of the series but I still find him unlikable as a character. The only thing I can relate to him which isn't a good trait for liking a character is being annoyed by the following 2 next characters that is Turnbuckle and Sam.

Turnbuckle and Sam are simply noisy characters and have no real character traits other than being side characters to make the main character do something for an episode and have a backstory.

The young prince, the king, the body guard, and the villain: all of these characters are one note cliche characters such as the young prince is snobby, the king's character is simply being a king, the body guard is simply a body guard, and the villain is simply a villain. The idea of a machine kingdom suppressing a magic kingdom which causes a magic kingdom to rise up against the machine kingdom sounds cool on paper but the execution through using these 4 characters made me want to skip the flash back and flash present scenes to get back to Philly the kid having to deal with 2 noisy annoying characters again as I would rather be annoyed than being bored.

I guess the only characters I kind of liked was the drunk assassin character but he came and gone. Same could probably be said about most of the one of characters but since they come and go incredibly fast I tend to feel disappointed that they couldn't stay for the whole ride as that is a recurring thing starting as early as episode 3 or so.

I would rate the show as incredibly average because if I wanted to watch a action show that has some goofiness to it. Then why would I spend the time to watch an incredibly average/annoying/cliche show when I could watch or rewatch the classics that people compare this average anime to?

I don't know who the target audience of this show is other than people who haven't watched trigun/space dandy/cowboy bebop and enjoy anime because its simply anime and have the free time to spend watching whatever.

If you have watched trigun/space dandy/cowboy bebop, then you are watching this show to see if its as good as these shows and I feel like your enjoyment will vary from terrible-average.

Being cliche isn't exactly a problem. All ideas were already thought before. What really matters is the execution. And well, Cannon Busters has a decent execution. Not the best one, but a good one.
Dec 6, 2019 9:16 AM

Nov 2008
Because it's a blatant rip-off of Cowboy Bebop mixed with Trigun and it's annoying and stupid looking and none of the characters are even well-developed... think of it as a dollar store anime. It's essentially trash but for a dollar you can't go wrong.
Feb 22, 2020 10:01 AM

Apr 2011
DSA-7 said:
6.6 average is already a above average score. If y'all really saying this is objectively a 8 or higher, I believe you must have watched it on some hard drugs. There's nothing wrong with liking something, but don't try to pretend it's low rating is only cus "haters!" and that it's far beyond it's given score, because it isn't.

It's actually rated below the real average (mean) MAL score which is 6.63.
Feb 26, 2020 1:18 AM

Dec 2008
sure its bad version of cowbow bebop
but there is lack of character deveolopment and lack of plot.
anime or not i dont care but i give it to 3. there is better animes on netflix...
Feb 26, 2020 10:11 PM
Jun 2008
I've stopped taking people who accuse something of being a "rip-off" or a "bad version" of something seriously. More often their accusations are based on the fact they dislike something - which is completely okay - rather than factual evidence. Again, there's nothing wrong with disliking something, but there is something wrong if you start throwing around those words - or even claiming any of the five story elements are "bad" without evidence to back themselves up with. Why? Without the evidence as to why something is bad it's just opinion, not fact, but more importantly, the accusation of something being a "rip-off" is just as bad as accusing someone of plagiarism. A "bad version" does soften the accusation, but it's still something which needs to be backed up.

JetBlackLink said:
Being cliche isn't exactly a problem. All ideas were already thought before. What really matters is the execution. And well, Cannon Busters has a decent execution. Not the best one, but a good one.

Thank you for saying this. More importantly, for me this is a big deal having seen first hand a young fanfic writer with a lot of potential to grow as a writer delete all of her online writing because another writer accused her of ripping off her fanfic simply because it used the same cliche - the plot was about a new girl to the school, yet having looked at both works they were very different from each other.

Of course, a few people may be thinking - hey, the creator of Cannon of Busters is an adult, even a professional, he can take it. That doesn't change the fact you're insulting their hard work, but making a false accusation - a very nasty one at that. You're in effect telling them they're being unprofessional when they're not, but I'm really tired of this idea that a specific writer/artist can somehow monopolize a specific trope.

That said, there is nothing wrong with disliking a show and/or specific story elements in a show. Ones dislike is subjective and has nothing to do with the actual quality of the work which is measured by objective criteria which do actually exist. More importantly, when discussing the actual quality of the work ones personal opinion should be left out as much as possible, though erasing bias isn't always possible.

Mind you, not everyone who dislikes the show is doing this, but for those who are - by calling it a "rip-off" you're just adding credence to the idea that the rating is low because o f haters.
Feb 27, 2020 3:45 AM
Jul 2018
I like the show. Its in my top 20 favourites. The story is a bit lacking but everything else is great!
Feb 27, 2020 3:17 PM
Dec 2012
IKKIsama said:
DSA-7 said:

It's actually rated below the real average (mean) MAL score which is 6.63.

If MAL has an average/mean score of 6.6, 4 or 9, its irrelevant to the fact the mean/average/mid score on a 1-10 system is 5-6.
Feb 29, 2020 11:41 AM
Aug 2015
Yemi_Hikari said:
Old_School_Akira said:

. PREACH AND IM AGREE, shows are to having fun and inspire others, everyone can make anime!
Feb 29, 2020 11:46 AM
Aug 2015
I'm starting to watch it and I really enjoy having anime action with strong personality characters, it's stupid if you don't give something a chance or have your ideas on something, maybe for some people the show is cliché but I’m not gonna see the show cause they think is cliché? 🥴 mmm no. I’m rlly enjoying it, even the comedy, so if you don't have something to do on a saturday and you are a girl like me who loves just spending time in bed watching adventures, THIS IS THE SHOWđź’–
Mar 2, 2020 5:41 PM
Oct 2019
What is kinda annoying is seeing how this anime got this amount of hate when Netflix has a lot of worst shows, but I want to say - REALLY WORST shows - crappy stuff such as Sword Gai, A.I.C.O. Incarnation, Children of the Whales, ID-0, Hero Mask, Cagaster of an Insect Cage (has a nice manga but the anime adaptation was terrible), and even mediocre stuff such as Lost Song, Last Hope, Kuromukuro, among many others. Cannon Busters is simply considerably better than all of these other titles I mentioned in this single comment, but is treated like worst garbage than them by many people, wich is a shame.

A fair MAL avaliation for Cannon Busters would be 7,5/10.
Mar 6, 2020 11:51 AM
Jun 2008
JetBlackLink said:
What is kinda annoying is seeing how this anime got this amount of hate when Netflix has a lot of worst shows, but I want to say - REALLY WORST shows - crappy stuff such as Sword Gai, A.I.C.O. Incarnation, Children of the Whales, ID-0, Hero Mask, Cagaster of an Insect Cage (has a nice manga but the anime adaptation was terrible), and even mediocre stuff such as Lost Song, Last Hope, Kuromukuro, among many others. Cannon Busters is simply considerably better than all of these other titles I mentioned in this single comment, but is treated like worst garbage than them by many people, wich is a shame.

A fair MAL avaliation for Cannon Busters would be 7,5/10.

Even though I enjoy watching a lot of these, I'm going to agree that the quality is mediocre. The ending for Sirius the Jauger left a lot to be desired with the narrative, and I really like the characters and idea for that one. On the other hand, I'd also argue that what we get on Netflix also isn't as tremendously bad as people tend to say either making me wonder if they've actually seen any of the really bad stuff which has come out of Japan.

Which brings me to the fact there are people who like hating on the show simply because it was produced by Netflix and will rate any of the shows at a one just because they don't understand "like/dislike" has nothing to do with the actual quality of the work. You can like something of poor quality and dislike something of good quality. Of course, if you disagree, then you're the one judging the work on "like/dislike" despite actually offering up concrete evidence regarding the quality or lack there of.
Apr 5, 2020 11:04 PM
Jun 2011
Yemi_Hikari said:
I've stopped taking people who accuse something of being a "rip-off" or a "bad version" of something seriously. More often their accusations are based on the fact they dislike something - which is completely okay - rather than factual evidence. Again, there's nothing wrong with disliking something, but there is something wrong if you start throwing around those words - or even claiming any of the five story elements are "bad" without evidence to back themselves up with. Why? Without the evidence as to why something is bad it's just opinion, not fact, but more importantly, the accusation of something being a "rip-off" is just as bad as accusing someone of plagiarism. A "bad version" does soften the accusation, but it's still something which needs to be backed up.

JetBlackLink said:

Thank you for saying this. More importantly, for me this is a big deal having seen first hand a young fanfic writer with a lot of potential to grow as a writer delete all of her online writing because another writer accused her of ripping off her fanfic simply because it used the same cliche - the plot was about a new girl to the school, yet having looked at both works they were very different from each other.

Of course, a few people may be thinking - hey, the creator of Cannon of Busters is an adult, even a professional, he can take it. That doesn't change the fact you're insulting their hard work, but making a false accusation - a very nasty one at that. You're in effect telling them they're being unprofessional when they're not, but I'm really tired of this idea that a specific writer/artist can somehow monopolize a specific trope.

That said, there is nothing wrong with disliking a show and/or specific story elements in a show. Ones dislike is subjective and has nothing to do with the actual quality of the work which is measured by objective criteria which do actually exist. More importantly, when discussing the actual quality of the work ones personal opinion should be left out as much as possible, though erasing bias isn't always possible.

Mind you, not everyone who dislikes the show is doing this, but for those who are - by calling it a "rip-off" you're just adding credence to the idea that the rating is low because o f haters.

If you are referring to my post in terms of replying to a guy who cherry picked my whole critique for this show down to one sentence which falsely represents my problems with the show.

I must let you know that I did not say the whole show was cliche, rather the 4 one note characters that serve the backstory for annoying robot girl is cliche in structure but the most offensive part is that it was incredibly boring in my opinion.

Oh and for the record. I judged the show on its own merits and found that the English dub tortured me so much so that I couldn't help but to prefer to compare it to other similar shows that I enjoyed more.

If I read this show as a comic instead of a torturous netflix english dub. I would have probably skimmed read it and gave it no real thought in regards other than the art and characters are cool but the 4 one note characters still feels predictable.

The English dub's execution regarding the voice acting is ear grating that I don't even know why I even gave the show 8 episodes other than giving the show the benefit of doubt that "The guy who created this show is theoretically a legend. maybe it will improve in the next episode. Or maybe the next episode".

Also you can't judge a show based on objectively alone. A review that is only objective is basically a show synopsis that isn't capable to telling the reader whether its "good" or "bad" because "good" and "bad" are subjective opinions.

Heck I would argue that a person who has a great technical skill in writing a story can be beaten out by a immature writer who isn't as great technical skill wise by creating a entertaining yet messy story that engages the reader more in a way that is unintended through subjective reasoning alone rather than "objective" reasoning.
BlazeofspikesApr 6, 2020 11:48 AM
Apr 12, 2020 7:56 PM
Jun 2008
Blazeofspikes said:
Also you can't judge a show based on objectively alone. A review that is only objective is basically a show synopsis that isn't capable to telling the reader whether its "good" or "bad" because "good" and "bad" are subjective opinions.

Heck I would argue that a person who has a great technical skill in writing a story can be beaten out by a immature writer who isn't as great technical skill wise by creating a entertaining yet messy story that engages the reader more in a way that is unintended through subjective reasoning alone rather than "objective" reasoning.

Except judging a work with objective criteria isn't just about judging a work on the technical skills alone, but in both writing and art technical skills are what's known as "the basics" that one would expect a seasoned craftsman to always have down pat because they've refined their skill that much, but there are other objective criteria one can judge a work by which don't fall into technical criteria, such as characterization which is judged by what people would and wouldn't logically do, plot which is judged by what would logically be the cause and effect, etc.

In fact, I'd further argue that the young artist whose writing or art succeeds despite the technical difficulties does so because they aren't so restrained by trying to perfect the technical aspects of a work, but using words like "messy story" - that's subjective because what a "messy story" means differs from person to person, but I'd argue that many times the newbie writer's stories aren't anywhere near as messy as people including themselves think they are.

The word objective means based on fact while subjective means it is based on opinion, meaning the only subjective manner in which we judge a work is based on ones own like or dislike of a work, but a good critic will attempt to leave that personal bias out of the picture and realize that even if something isn't their own personal cup of tea that it is still a good work because they're judging based on objective criteria, but when someone judges based on their own personal opinion and tastes - that becomes a problem because all of our personal tastes differ.

Blazeofspikes said:
I must let you know that I did not say the whole show was cliche, rather the 4 one note characters that serve the backstory for annoying robot girl is cliche in structure but the most offensive part is that it was incredibly boring in my opinion.

Let's toss out the fact you found the story boring because that is obviously a personal preference and focus on the fact you've stated the work is cliché. The very fact you toss around the word cliché as if it is some kind of insult when it is not says far more than you think, because they're not a bad thing.

What's even more interesting is the fact I'd argue that "annoying robot girl" doesn't qualify as a cliche - there isn't even a trope for the "annoying robot girl", not to mention the fact you found the character annoying can be chalked up to your opinion of the character rather than an objective analysis of her character. However, the line which majorly bothered me...

Blazeofspikes said:
If I read this show as a comic instead of a torturous netflix english dub. I would have probably skimmed read it and gave it no real thought in regards other than the art and characters are cool but the 4 one note characters still feels predictable.

The English dub's execution regarding the voice acting is ear grating that I don't even know why I even gave the show 8 episodes other than giving the show the benefit of doubt that "The guy who created this show is theoretically a legend. maybe it will improve in the next episode. Or maybe the next episode".

You want everyone here to take your ability to judge the series seriously, yet you've done the one thing people say not to do when judging the quality of an Anime - to judge it based on the English voice acting - the dub - rather than the original voice acting. The case where an English voice actor out does the original voice for a given character is very rare, yet the entire English voice cast doing this is pretty much unheard of. On top of this, the English voices aren't the original voices. That means no - you did not judge the Anime on it's own merits like you claimed.

You also make the mistake of assuming the quality of the source material based on the quality of the work, although you've also admitted your criteria is based on your own personal like and dislike - is aka subjectve, not objective, but tossed around the word cliche as if it were a bad thing when it's not. There are plenty of times I've seen people note the adaption doesn't live up to the source material, but there are times the adaption out does if not improves upon the source material.

Last, please don't refer to inexperienced/newbie writers as "immature writers". When a writer is immature it will actually show through in the tone of their writing, but a writer can have great technical skill and still be considered an "immature writer". You're judging the work based on your own personal opinion, not on it's own merits, but you keep throwing words around as if you know how to use them, which is majorly frustrating.

For example, you labeled something as cliche thinking calling it such would bolster your argument because you've bought into this idea that cliche is bad, but the element you listed isn't a "common phrase, motif or trope" thus it can't be considered a cliche despite the fact you slapped that label onto it. Seriously, there is no "annoying robot" trope.
Apr 13, 2020 8:29 AM
Jun 2011
Yemi_Hikari said:
Except judging a work with objective criteria isn't just about judging a work on the technical skills alone, but in both writing and art technical skills are what's known as "the basics" that one would expect a seasoned craftsman to always have down pat because they've refined their skill that much, but there are other objective criteria one can judge a work by which don't fall into technical criteria, such as characterization which is judged by what people would and wouldn't logically do, plot which is judged by what would logically be the cause and effect, etc.

In fact, I'd further argue that the young artist whose writing or art succeeds despite the technical difficulties does so because they aren't so restrained by trying to perfect the technical aspects of a work, but using words like "messy story" - that's subjective because what a "messy story" means differs from person to person, but I'd argue that many times the newbie writer's stories aren't anywhere near as messy as people including themselves think they are.

The word objective means based on fact while subjective means it is based on opinion, meaning the only subjective manner in which we judge a work is based on ones own like or dislike of a work, but a good critic will attempt to leave that personal bias out of the picture and realize that even if something isn't their own personal cup of tea that it is still a good work because they're judging based on objective criteria, but when someone judges based on their own personal opinion and tastes - that becomes a problem because all of our personal tastes differ.

Let's toss out the fact you found the story boring because that is obviously a personal preference and focus on the fact you've stated the work is cliché. The very fact you toss around the word cliché as if it is some kind of insult when it is not says far more than you think, because they're not a bad thing.

What's even more interesting is the fact I'd argue that "annoying robot girl" doesn't qualify as a cliche - there isn't even a trope for the "annoying robot girl", not to mention the fact you found the character annoying can be chalked up to your opinion of the character rather than an objective analysis of her character. However, the line which majorly bothered me...

You want everyone here to take your ability to judge the series seriously, yet you've done the one thing people say not to do when judging the quality of an Anime - to judge it based on the English voice acting - the dub - rather than the original voice acting. The case where an English voice actor out does the original voice for a given character is very rare, yet the entire English voice cast doing this is pretty much unheard of. On top of this, the English voices aren't the original voices. That means no - you did not judge the Anime on it's own merits like you claimed.

You also make the mistake of assuming the quality of the source material based on the quality of the work, although you've also admitted your criteria is based on your own personal like and dislike - is aka subjectve, not objective, but tossed around the word cliche as if it were a bad thing when it's not. There are plenty of times I've seen people note the adaption doesn't live up to the source material, but there are times the adaption out does if not improves upon the source material.

Last, please don't refer to inexperienced/newbie writers as "immature writers". When a writer is immature it will actually show through in the tone of their writing, but a writer can have great technical skill and still be considered an "immature writer". You're judging the work based on your own personal opinion, not on it's own merits, but you keep throwing words around as if you know how to use them, which is majorly frustrating.

For example, you labeled something as cliche thinking calling it such would bolster your argument because you've bought into this idea that cliche is bad, but the element you listed isn't a "common phrase, motif or trope" thus it can't be considered a cliche despite the fact you slapped that label onto it. Seriously, there is no "annoying robot" trope.

No problem with the first + last quote other than you are really picky whenever I use descriptor words for hypothetical examples that are not even directed to anyone. Yet you take them as personal insults as if I were insulting you personally. Heck the only reason why I used the term "annoying" in "annoying robot girl" is because the main character of the series finds said character to be "annoying". If anything, "annoying" is a compliment as the creator of the show nailed that trait.

I really don't think the invisible person I am referring to in the hypothetical is offended to the words "messy story", "immature writer", "etc" because he/she doesn't exist as I am giving a hypothetical example and not personally lambasting a actual creator where you would than have a argument where hurtful words don't help at all. Heck said hypothetical person would probably be glad I hypothetically enjoyed his hypothetical works.

Also it seems I mistakenly wrote immature when I meant amateur. My bad.

I am still going to say that a review based on objectivity alone is not usable to someone who wants to go out and watch this show.

Maybe I will give you a example of my interpretation of a pure objective review versus a pure subjective review of a apple pie.

Objective review: I can confirm that it is indeed the dictionary definition of a apple pie. There is crust on the bottom and top. In the middle between there is a substance of sugary liquid and apples.

Subjective review: I enjoyed this apple pie. If I had to compare it to other apple pies I have tasted before, it is better than store bought apple pie but it doesn't beat out the best apple pie I tasted.

In short, a review can only be subjective in order to be worth anything in terms of getting another's opinion to know whether or not a outside person should consume the good or not. A objective review alone is only useful for synopsis purposes for people who want to go into a show blind but don't want to read other people's subjective opinions to influence what they are going to watch.

You would have a point if I was trying to be a self proclaimed reviewer which is a person who blends objectivity and subjectivity. However I am clearly just a person venting my subjective opinion out on the forum and not giving it anymore than that.

Maybe you should stop treating everyone on the forum as if everyone are want to be reviewers on the board.

Also I am still referring to the 4 characters that serve as the backstory for said character as cliche and not her herself.

You know the "prince/king/villain/king's body guard" characters that I felt didn't do much other than be that one character. The whole entire reason why I responded to you and indirectly to the other person who misrepresented my whole entire quote.

Also are you really implying that people here are not allowed to criticize English dubs here on this forum? You know, the default way to watch it seeing as the producer of the show is English?

There are clearly people who prefer dubs over subs and I am giving my opinion on the dub. If you don't like my opinion because I am not reviewing the source material in the way you prefer to watch it. Then simply ignore my opinion because it doesn't apply to you or anyone who is going to watch the English sub which is a different experience altogether.

Also for a person who doesn't want me to belittle hypothetical people that don't exist or use descriptors that are more objective by the fact that the main character calls them said descriptors. You sure as heck have no problem belittling my whole opinion as don't take this person seriously because he gave his opinion on the English dub instead of the Japanese dub + English sub.

Especially when this whole entire thread is dedicated to people who don't like this show and want to give their explanation as to why they don't like said show. If this thread didn't exist where people wanted to know a opinion why people dislike the show, I would have never responded to it in the first place.

If I were to give a actual subjective opinion to the writer himself personally and the crew who helped created the English dub. I would have definitely pulled back my punches and gave some actual helpful advice rather than be blatant about my opinion. Though then again, I guess that wouldn't be a opinion on the show but rather subjective advice which is different from a subjective opinion or a review.
BlazeofspikesApr 13, 2020 9:42 AM
Jun 18, 2020 2:24 AM
May 2017
because it's shit
Nov 9, 2020 10:50 AM

Feb 2018
I'm currently watching it and I find it quite entertaining. I'm a old timer when I comes to this, and it does reflect some series of old with out beign actually good... but it isn't bad either. I get the 6.6 grade, but I've also seen some other series with higher grade and compared to this one, this is better.

So, I don't know, let's just remember this is a democracy.

Btw, I'm currently grading it 7/10
Nov 16, 2020 11:34 AM

Feb 2018
Just saw the ending. And this indeed is below 6 for me now. Not holding my breath for any S2
Nov 17, 2020 12:47 PM

Sep 2019
Basically this anime cannot really hold itself to the standards one would ask from LeSean Thomas, the man was the writer of The Boondocks, so that is what got me interested in it, it defently has some funny moments and shit, and the spanish dub has the voice of apollion for one of the later characters from For Honor lul, but now back to the actual thing, the show since its a shounen it doesn't shine in the funny part as the previous work of the writer, only found funny some of the later episodes tbh, but this anime plays it extremely safe and can't pull the jokes like The Boondocks had such as the "How is a n**** gonna borrow a fry, n**** is you gonna give it back?" (probably one of my favorite jokes from that show) cus it doesn't have explicit language.

Everything is too safe, and the worlds that it presents are barely explored at all, such as the flying city that looks like the one on Alita and probably countless other science fiction shows/movies/books. The only backbone this show has are the characters, and if you don't particularly like the annoying character thope you would probably never going to get past ep 1. I personally like them so I like the characters interacting with each other. But yea, thats it, its not really that funny and was made by someone that made a really funny show so the disappointment was kinda big.
Nov 17, 2020 12:50 PM

Sep 2019
Now that i think about it, its almost in the same boat as Listeners, has a catchy intro song but then they go to different places every episode just for this places to be unexplored, but listeners was worse cus the characters where absolutly terrible and it tried to take itself too seriously and wanted to make musical references in the backgrounds but never really have music being as important as it should.
Jul 7, 2021 6:39 AM
Jul 2020
DSA-7 said:

Youte right but i think its fair to say that objectovely this show is much better than some.of what passes for above 6.6 on MAL.
Jan 21, 2023 7:18 PM
Oct 2014
I am confused. Most anime's are reminisce of previous anime but for some reason people want to make it such a big deal with this anime. Was the story the best I ever seen? No, but it is better them some of the 1-4 scores I see just from the art work and fighting scenes alone. Some people just want to hate on it because it was made by someone that isn't Asian. Although there have been many collaboration with non-Asians on animes and no one cared. 
Jan 21, 2023 7:24 PM
Community Mod
đź’§Focalorsđź’§

Mar 2022
Thread locked for not encouraging discussion.

Anime Discussion Rules: 2.e Please refrain from creating threads that do not encourage meaningful and/or civil discussion. Examples include:
e. MAL community data
e.g. Questioning the score/ranking/character favorite counts
e.g. Saying that series X should have a higher/lower score/count
e.g. Specific reviews, moderation of data/community content/reviews, etc.
Concerns about the website should be reported using the appropriate buttons or designated MyAnimeList boards.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Cannon Busters Episode 12 Discussion

FMmatron - Aug 19, 2019

20 by Beatnik »»
Dec 27, 2023 9:11 AM

Poll: » Cannon Busters Episode 11 Discussion

striperrela - Aug 24, 2019

3 by Beatnik »»
Dec 27, 2023 8:37 AM

Poll: » Cannon Busters Episode 10 Discussion

striperrela - Aug 24, 2019

3 by Beatnik »»
Dec 27, 2023 7:54 AM

Poll: » Cannon Busters Episode 6 Discussion

Angry_Anime_Nerd - Aug 17, 2019

6 by Beatnik »»
Dec 26, 2023 12:38 PM

Poll: » Cannon Busters Episode 4 Discussion

striperrela - Aug 16, 2019

4 by Beatnik »»
Dec 26, 2023 10:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.