Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Sep 23, 2019 2:08 PM
Nov 2016
-Aincrad- said:
Yeah, well, the anime is still very popular, more than any others ones currently, and it's still getting thousands of new viewers every day, so I have no idea what you're talking about

And only a very few people have dropped the anime because of him. The smarter ones just simply down voted the episode where he was yelling in, or just lowered their rating, that's all.

Read my comment above.
Sep 23, 2019 2:47 PM
Jul 2016
xZabuzax said:
DeepRiver said:
LOL What "losing audience"? yeah some few people may have dropped the show since Zenitsu introduction because they cannot stand the character, but saying that the overall show have been losing audience is a complete lie, since the second cour the viewership and popularity have been increasing, especially during the Spiders arc, exploting with episode 19. And a lot of people have been getting used to Zenitsu lately, heck i know a tons of people that find Zenitsu growing of them, especially in latest episodes, some even say he is their favorite character.

What I said is no lie, this show is very popular and because of that it has a lot of audience but it has lost a couple of them as well because of Zenitsu. Don't think that the people complaining here are the only ones unhappy with that character, I bet there's plenty of lurkers that has dropped the anime because of him.

It's gaining more audience than it's losing them, sure, but the audience that left wouldn't have left in the first place if that character yelled less and hence, what I said is no lie.

The amount of people that have dropped the show because of Zenitsu is completely irrelevant compared with the amount of people that keep with the show and the ones who are getting into it every second now. Thats like saiying MHA is loses popularity because some people cant stand Bakugo lol
Sep 23, 2019 2:58 PM
Nov 2016
DeepRiver said:
The amount of people that have dropped the show because of Zenitsu is completely irrelevant compared with the amount of people that keep with the show and the ones who are getting into it every second now. Thats like saiying MHA is loses popularity because some people cant stand Bakugo lol

It may be irrelevant but still, what I said is no lie. From every 100 people an anime get 2 or 3 will drop it because of an annoying character. The anime is still going to be popular sure but those people wouldn't have dropped it if it wasn't for that character.

So according to that logic, I'm not lying and that's the position I'm defending, you called me a liar so you're wrong about that.
Sep 23, 2019 3:09 PM
Jul 2016
xZabuzax said:
DeepRiver said:

It may be irrelevant but still, what I said is no lie. From every 100 people an anime get 2 or 3 will drop it because of an annoying character. The anime is still going to be popular sure but those people wouldn't have dropped it if it wasn't for that character.

So according to that logic, I'm not lying and that's the position I'm defending, you called me a liar so you're wrong about that.

Well, the way you wrote your first comment just gave me the impression of you acting as if this was a bigger deal than what really is, thats all.
Sep 23, 2019 7:30 PM

Oct 2018
DeepRiver said:
xZabuzax said:
It's a shame how a good anime like this one is losing audiences because of annoying yelling main characters, really. This wouldn't have happened if they yelled less and the anime would still be popular but with more audience.

I wish the director takes his time to read the comments of some people about this issue and tone that yelling down in the 2nd season (if there's ever one).

That being said, I kinda liked Zenitsu in the last episode, he wasn't annoying because he wasn't yelling 90% of the time, he acted mostly normal there and only yelled like 40% - 50% of his screen time, this is how that character should have been from the beginning and if he yell or complain less then that's even better.

LOL What "losing audience"? yeah some few people may have dropped the show since Zenitsu introduction because they cannot stand the character, but saying that the overall show have been losing audience is a complete lie, since the second cour the viewership and popularity have been increasing, especially during the Spiders arc, exploting with episode 19. And a lot of people have been getting used to Zenitsu lately, heck i know a tons of people that find Zenitsu growing of them, especially in latest episodes, some even say he is their favorite character.

Lmao, how does an annoying character who only screams grow on you
Sep 23, 2019 7:52 PM

Jul 2014
xZabuzax said:
DeepRiver said:

What I said is no lie, this show is very popular and because of that it has a lot of audience but it has lost a couple of them as well because of Zenitsu. Don't think that the people complaining here are the only ones unhappy with that character, I bet there's plenty of lurkers that has dropped the anime because of him.

It's gaining more audience than it's losing them, sure, but the audience that left wouldn't have left in the first place if that character yelled less and hence, what I said is no lie.

To me it kinda goes both ways, trust me when I say I'm also one of the people that cannot stand Zenitsu's constant yelling and tantrums, but when it comes to a couple of people leaving because of him, don't you think the same could be said that a couple of people also became fans and stuck around because of him.
Sep 23, 2019 8:31 PM

Jun 2019
Tista said:
He'll be like this, till the end of the serie. You should get used to him and his yelling.

I didn't find him annoying at all, but he's not near my favorite character in the serie, since i've read the manga and i've discovered some good shit in there.

It's sad to hear he'll be like this the entire series, but his yelling never really got to me. It's annoying, yeah, but gd I'm still gonna watch the show
Sep 23, 2019 9:00 PM
Nov 2016
-Stray said:

To me it kinda goes both ways, trust me when I say I'm also one of the people that cannot stand Zenitsu's constant yelling and tantrums, but when it comes to a couple of people leaving because of him, don't you think the same could be said that a couple of people also became fans and stuck around because of him.

Yeah that can also be true. In my opinion though, I don't think that toning the yelling down will cause a huge impact and have those type of people drop the series, if those people want comedy then they can have their comedy in another way that doesn't involve yelling 90% of the time and in this case, we both win. This thread wouldn't exist and plenty of people wouldn't have dropped this anime.

Now, if there are people that actually enjoys Zenitsu's yelling and hasn't dropped the anime because they enjoy having their ear violated with that ear-raping yelling then that would make baby Jesus cry.
Sep 25, 2019 12:22 AM

Aug 2016
Episode 11 was extremely painful.. After the first joke it stopped being funny with it being so over the top and overused. An entire episode of beating the drum that this is his personality was a terrible decision. Just because you have a comic relief character that can be funny in some scenarios doesn't mean you shove it down the viewers throats.. We get it.. Less is more and when they are more selective it ends up coming off better. His scenes were much better in episode 24.

Then came the introduction of the hashiras.. I could handle the outlandish and goofy designs of all those new characters. But man this show really has to make sure that supporting characters have very distinct traits that are drummed up to the max every single time they are on screen. Every scene we need the guy with the prayer beads to be crying? Every scene we need the pink hair girl to be fangirling over other characters? At a certain point it just becomes stupid. Not sure if it's supposed to be funny or to make it easier to spot plot/character development. They kinda remind me of the Zodiacs from HxH. Only the HXH group behave like actual people.. It's one thing to have a strong personality.. its another to be a gimmick and be out tap dancing for the audience every second.

It's really the only thing I dislike about the series is the over the top characters. Inosuke seems like the only decent character thus far. At least he has an off switch and doesn't over do it. He comes off as a lovable guy and I do enjoy him quite a bit.
Sep 25, 2019 12:45 AM
May 2019
Yeah I can't stand him. He is easily my least favorite character in the show. I was actually rooting for the spiders to kill him lol.
And I also dislike forced comedy that they inject into Shōnen anime in general, especially if the story is serious and dramatic like in this anime.
Sep 25, 2019 1:13 AM

Jan 2014
I would say it slightly leans on the more "annoying" sides but, as a fan of gintama, i'm starting to be able to tolerate the screaming.

At the same time, his presence kinda made the series to be slightly less dry to me. Since when it was only tanjiro and nezuko, there was not much interaction to be had. After his flashback and all his cool animation sequences, i'm starting to like him better
"This is boring...I'm bored..."
Sep 25, 2019 1:14 AM

Jul 2013
Well, OP, if Zenitsu annoys you so much, I have good news in the case you want to watch the second season (if they make it, of course). He is completely absent in one of the future arcs (and that arc is more or less long), only appearing in one flashback of Tanjirou. Bad news for you is that this arc will probably happen towards the end of the season.
Sep 25, 2019 6:48 AM

Jul 2014
Illyricus said:
Well, OP, if Zenitsu annoys you so much, I have good news in the case you want to watch the second season (if they make it, of course). He is completely absent in one of the future arcs (and that arc is more or less long), only appearing in one flashback of Tanjirou. Bad news for you is that this arc will probably happen towards the end of the season.

Funny thing about that is I didn't even realize that my favorite arc was the one without him, I don't know if him being absent in that arc played a role or not but that arc made me fcking cry my heart out in its climax.
Sep 25, 2019 7:21 AM
Jul 2018
I hate him, I really really do, I skip pretty much all scenes where he is about to cry like a little bitch again.
Sep 25, 2019 6:26 PM
Sep 2019
Demon Slayer has a comedy side which adds greatness to the anime. You will not feel bored when watching every episode of this anime 👌

Episode 25 which makes me laugh so much 😂😂
https://youtu.be/fjcA0-QzMnE
Sep 25, 2019 7:34 PM

Oct 2018
kenjid17 said:
Demon Slayer has a comedy side which adds greatness to the anime. You will not feel bored when watching every episode of this anime 👌

Episode 25 which makes me laugh so much 😂😂
https://youtu.be/fjcA0-QzMnE

Zenitsu ain’t funny though
Sep 25, 2019 7:57 PM
Nov 2016
kenjid17 said:

Well dude every time Zenitsu is on screen he's doing the exact opposite to people like me, we find him boring and we don't consider his comedy good either.

That being said, I did liked Zenitsu in episode 25 and the only reason for that is because he yelled less in that episode. The comedy of the female characters in this anime is better than the males characters because they are more subtle and it doesn't feel forced.
Sep 26, 2019 1:07 AM
Sep 2019
He's gonna scream a lot. The man is loud like thunder itself (^^;) But he'll become serious much later in the story.
Sep 26, 2019 11:40 AM
Feb 2019
i'm a lurker that almost dropped the anime because of zenitsu, i fucking hate that character and i hoped he would die by the spider

who the hell thought it was a nice idea in making a character scream all the time, is that character trying to please the kids?, seriously, this is Asta from black clover all over again and i hated that shitty character too. is like they didn't knew what to do with the comedy and had those annoying characters yell ALL THE TIME to make people laugh, i understand the character being less annoying in the manga because we don't have to hear him screaming all the fucking time but in the anime this is not working for some people so the director or whoever is in charge of this issue should fix this shit and have him scream less in the second season
Feb 24, 2022 1:46 PM
Apr 2016
I real love the scenes he is acting cool and fighting instead of crying like idiot or acting coward. But the facts is: he fights %5 and crys, acts pathetic %95... So even he fighting like a god not changes how pathetic, annoying and mod killer character he is. I'm watching his pathetic acts like Tanjiro's faces in episode 11 and i know im not alone. I saw alot of people talking he got pretty good character development (And there is alot of people saying he got best one! LMAO) i didn't read manga but in anime he got zero development, he was acting like this all the time and thats fact and he changing in anime season 3 or 4 or someting not gonna change how annoying he was in espacily first season, not gonna change those scenes was not funny in fact pathetic...
Feb 26, 2022 1:33 AM

Dec 2020
He is annoying and everytime he battles, I want him to get eaten or killed by a Demon.
Feb 26, 2022 4:17 AM

Oct 2014
xZabuzax said:

That's my 2 complaints so far, a lot of time is being spent in the comic relief moments with Zenitsu acting, doing or yelling something stupid and this happen for like 90% of the time that fucking character is on-screen, they need to tone that shit down and find a better 'funnier' way for the comic relief moments.

You shouldve add poll so that we can see how many are annoyed of Zenitsu's constant ranting. 10% it was funny, 90% it was annoying. He yell too much later in the episode I was so happy when he doesnt have screentime.
Feb 26, 2022 1:01 PM
Nov 2016
Gazz said:
xZabuzax said:

That's my 2 complaints so far, a lot of time is being spent in the comic relief moments with Zenitsu acting, doing or yelling something stupid and this happen for like 90% of the time that fucking character is on-screen, they need to tone that shit down and find a better 'funnier' way for the comic relief moments.

You shouldve add poll so that we can see how many are annoyed of Zenitsu's constant ranting. 10% it was funny, 90% it was annoying. He yell too much later in the episode I was so happy when he doesnt have screentime.

Can't believe this thread got necro'ed.

Anyway, you're completely right, I needed to create a poll for it. I believe that poll was made a couple of times by other users though in other threads.

I totally hated Zenitsu in S1 but I actually liked Zenitsu in S2 and the reason for that is simple, Zenitsu was sleeping for the majority of the episodes, when Zenitsu sleeps he's a total badass and I love him but once he's awake he becomes the shittiest character in the anime and I hate him.

You just gotta have a Love/Hate relationship with Zenitsu, I find it hard to be in between.
Jun 16, 2023 5:49 PM
Dec 2018
Yeah, hes more annoying than honey senpai from ouran host club.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Gurenge becomes top selling digital single song in Reiwa era

FZREMAKE - Apr 15

20 by HaremSevdalisi »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 18, 2019

312 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 24, 12:21 PM

» I don't get it

n0tSamir - Jul 7, 2023

34 by guts4ever »»
Apr 22, 12:44 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2019

272 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 20, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 20, 2019

282 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 19, 11:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.