Forum Settings
Forums

Losing all credibility because of a certain anime taste

New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Aug 30, 2019 9:41 PM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
I mentally devalue people who are inherently opposed to ecchi, especially if they rely on common sentiments being reiterated in a fashion that seems to expect other people to just "get" what they're talking about. I tend to view them with rather open contempt if we end up in an argument, mostly on that basis. Given that I am not trying to win the non-existent "MAL forum poster of the year" award, I don't care. Sometimes it does feel good to be an asshole.

Not like anybody's especially clean of it, the best we can do in most cases is just to try to let people have a chance to prove otherwise before tossing the validity of their entire existence into the bin. It's more something that's going to have to be encouraged than enforced.
ManabanAug 30, 2019 9:50 PM

Aug 31, 2019 11:45 AM

Jun 2012
If someone won't hold a discussion with you on subject X because of a disagreement on subject Y, they need to learn how disagreements work IRL; you don't have to concede shit. Sometimes I'm right, sometimes you're wrong
Aug 31, 2019 12:17 PM

Aug 2016
If there is no discussion to be had and we are going back and forth, then it might amount to that.

I've done it myself plenty of times. I don't give a fuck. Some dude on his high horse talking down a show. Yeah I will bring up the garbage in his favorites.
Aug 31, 2019 12:33 PM

Jul 2019
Yes if you have anime with toxic masculinity in your favorites like first 3 seasons of jojo then you have no credibility left.

Never explain,
Never retract,
Never apologize
Just get the thing done
And let them howl
Aug 31, 2019 12:44 PM

Apr 2017
I personally don't care either way what anyone has in their favorites, each and every one of us are unique individuals with different life experiences and different thresholds as to what we will/won't watch.
Life's too short for petty bs.

Aug 31, 2019 1:38 PM
Sep 2017
There are are plenty of the litmus test series that give away invormation about their fan's value as a human being, never mind taste. Everyone who likes X is a crack-smoking inbred trailer trash, or everyone who likes Y is a pretentious pseudo-intellectual buffoon, or eveyone who likes Z literally has IQ below 100.

Whether this affects the argument they are making is another matter, but it very likely does.
Aug 31, 2019 2:03 PM
Jul 2018
If someone says they dislike a genre but unknowingly have a good portion of that genre highly rated and some even in their favorites.
Aug 31, 2019 2:04 PM

Dec 2018
AOT and K-On fuck me over in that department. And, sometimes, with even bigger idiots, OreGairu.
Aug 31, 2019 2:13 PM

May 2016
When overrated animes take too much hype, while underrated ones get shoved down the drain makes this post all clear to me.

Credibility should be about equality and not over praingsing mainstream animes like gods.
Aug 31, 2019 2:20 PM

May 2018
I will quite simply state what must be glaringly obvious to anyone, even to newbies on this site: SAO - it's the number one whipping boy/pariah for sure. I think coming after this sacrificial lamb would be The Future Diary, My Hero Academia and possibly Bleach. Out of the newer stuff Fire Force, Boruto, and Black Clover. These are the better known ones in my reckoning anyway. Who would make a conscious effort to be credible in the first place? Just act naturally and remember kids, getting high is as easy as just being yourself :D

Aug 31, 2019 2:27 PM

Apr 2015
If you think Higurashi is a good horror story I will side eye you hard. But otherwise I see no point discussing with a person who praises what ever the fuck because it's newest popular thing and can't give any criticism to their favorite shows. That would just be fruitless conversation to have.
Aug 31, 2019 2:33 PM

May 2019
heg said:
NbQuil said:
Well, to be fair, if you are trying to sound knowledgeable and argue something, e.g. how important animation is to the quality of a show, and one of your favorite anime has horrendous animation, it just make you look like a hyprocrite.

animation quality im afraid is subjective to a lot of fans

just so called ugly character designs or what people refer to as art style they will already call it bad animation

That weird squashed in, twisted headed sasuke 02:30 is still hilarious though ahahahahahahahahah
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» What's the craziest plot twist you've ever come across in an anime?

Nanami0007 - 22 minutes ago

6 by LoveYourEyes »»
20 seconds ago

Poll: » Which group of people is more profitable for anime?

Sanjay63773 - 7 hours ago

11 by Lhundrup »»
5 minutes ago

» What is the greatest spoiler of all time in anime?

SgtBateMan - 5 hours ago

13 by Coaghim »»
10 minutes ago

» WTF is the point of sexualizing male characters? ( 1 2 )

Sanjay63773 - Mar 30

76 by Lhundrup »»
24 minutes ago

» Check-in for the Spring 2024 season (for those watching a bunch of seasonals)

WatchTillTandava - 5 hours ago

17 by Nirinbo »»
29 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.