New
Which Aikatsu series do you like best?
Aug 4, 2019 5:51 PM

Nov 2012
And how would you rank them?

For me Aikatsu>>Stars>>>Friends.
Aug 4, 2019 11:46 PM

Nov 2011
first season of Aikatsu Stars felt a little weak - particularly the drama surrounding Yume.
second season was a lot better though, with the Venus Arc. the introduction of star coord was a interesting twist.

i really enjoyed Aikatsu (original) and still consider WM to be among the best duos in the aikatsu series (yes, im bias). Soleil still stands as one of the most memorable idol groups and Diamond Happy still remains one of the catchiest songs ever introduced in all of Aikatsu.

You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
Aug 5, 2019 11:09 AM

Nov 2009
First one OBV

Nothing beats Ichigo, still the best out of all Idols.
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Aug 8, 2019 10:05 AM

Aug 2018
Friends > Aikatsu > Stars

Aug 11, 2019 3:00 PM

Jun 2012
If Friends will contnue being that good, it might surpass original series (S1 was awesome, but S2 was way worse..same with Stars, i didnt like most of Venus Ark)
Aug 15, 2019 8:02 AM

Feb 2011
I like Aikatsu! the most!
Aikatsu stars did really well too to me
Aikatsu friends is my least favorite maybe also for a part because they no boy to ship the girls with so you only have Girlxgirl ships. I just miss so idol boys in Aikatsu friends and maybe also a rock idol girl!
Aug 17, 2019 1:19 PM

Apr 2008
It's more complicated than that. The original Aikatsu is actually 2 shows in one: Akarigen is kinda separate from the original, even if it takes place in the same universe.

So for me it's Ichigogen > Stars > Akarigen > Friends. To be more precise, OG S2 > S1 > Stars > S4 > Friends > S3 > KnJ. But if we treat them as one, then Stars > Original > Friends (and that's how I voted).
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this signature is unavailable in your region.
Aug 17, 2019 9:02 PM

Jul 2008
Aikatsu [S1>Movie>S3>S4>S2] > All other series.
Aug 19, 2019 12:51 AM

Jun 2008
Much as I love the original cast, gotta give the win to Stars, especially since I have to count the awful DreAca in with the original.

Subdividing it more it would look like: Stars S2 > Original S1 > Stars S1 > Friends S1 > Akarigen >>> Original S2. No friends 2 yet since it's still airing.
Aug 19, 2019 5:34 PM

Nov 2009
gomennasai said:
It's more complicated than that. The original Aikatsu is actually 2 shows in one: Akarigen is kinda separate from the original, even if it takes place in the same universe.

So for me it's Ichigogen > Stars > Akarigen > Friends. To be more precise, OG S2 > S1 > Stars > S4 > Friends > S3 > KnJ. But if we treat them as one, then Stars > Original > Friends (and that's how I voted).

This is how I view it too.

I view it by the "MC" as "season"

Which is why I said Ichigo instead of season 1 or season 2, etc.
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Aug 25, 2019 1:26 PM

Nov 2008
Friends=>Original>A punch to the dick>Stars.

I will never understand why people hate DreAca, they were cool. Especially when praising Venus Ark which was garbage and the nadir of Aikatsu. Elza and Rei are basically Hibiki from PriPara split into two and devoid of all charm, Kirara is an idiot with ugly hair, and Aria is a goddamned Poochie. Add Ako being trolled beyond belief just for "lulz" and Yume being a bad dream and you get the worst season of the franchise. Sure Wakaba is yet another Poochie and Kokone was annoying, but they were the only blights in otherwise amazing shows. Which beats anything I can say about Stars.
Aug 26, 2019 12:58 AM

Jun 2008
ZettaiRyouiki said:

Looking at your list, you gave Stars a 7/10, so...you like being punched in the dick?
Aug 26, 2019 1:26 AM

Nov 2008
Florete said:
ZettaiRyouiki said:

Looking at your list, you gave Stars a 7/10, so...you like being punched in the dick?

I was obviously exaggerating...
Sep 6, 2019 1:20 PM
Mar 2010
Stars S2 > Stars S1 > OG S1 > OG S4 > OG S3 > Friends S1 > Friends S2 > OG S2
RejuvenationSep 6, 2019 1:31 PM
Oct 19, 2020 5:42 PM
Dec 2014
ZettaiRyouiki said:

I will never understand why people hate DreAca, they were cool. Especially when praising Venus Ark which was garbage and the nadir of Aikatsu. Elza and Rei are basically Hibiki from PriPara split into two and devoid of all charm, Kirara is an idiot with ugly hair, and Aria is a goddamned Poochie. Add Ako being trolled beyond belief just for "lulz" and Yume being a bad dream and you get the worst season of the franchise. Sure Wakaba is yet another Poochie and Kokone was annoying, but they were the only blights in otherwise amazing shows. Which beats anything I can say about Stars.

I agree. I never got why S2 was hated. The complaint being the S1 cast got shafted in favor of DreAc Girls yet then proceed to praise S3 and S4 despite it doing the same thing. At least the S1 girls got their own performances in S2. Yet fans are fine with an entirely new set of characters taking over. Doesn't make sense to me.
Feb 23, 2021 7:56 PM
Jul 2018
Stars > Friends > Akarigen > Ichigogen

I'm probably biased because Stars was my intro to the franchise. I discovered it when I was in Japan, and so there are a lot of nostalgic memories wrapped up in it for me. But in general, I actually liked the more serious tone of Stars (although I wish they hadn't just dropped the arc about Yume's power).

But I like the deuteragonist dynamics in Friends. We see this to an extent with Ichigo and Aoi, and Yume and Rola (for Akari, I guess it'd be... Sumire?), but naturally it's more intentional in Friends.
Jun 7, 2022 12:56 PM
Aug 2009
A bit of necroposting, I guess.

Might change (I doubt) after I dig Friends a bit further but currently: Stars S1 >> Stars S2 > OG S1 > OG S3 > OG S4 > OG S2 > Friends.

I started watching original series quite a while ago, maybe 4-5 years back and had to put it on hold at ~150 episode (so, when only about 30 were left to watch), and stayed like that till last month. For that reason, I have rather vague recollection of OG as a whole. Back then I picked it for some novelty or something, and liked the beginning of it quite a bit thanks to plot/development. Then S2 happened which was quite underwhelming. S3+ might have done some improvements but in the end S1 was the only one I liked. Following seasons of OG I watched only due to momentum and expectations to see something similar to S1 which was in vain. Overall, story/characters wise, original Aikatsu was lacking for me, and there were hardly any songs I loved (like, general music direction wasn't my thing), and majority of characters were bland.

I didn't have any expectations for Stars, just picked a few episodes to get some idea of how visuals might have improved and never come back. I ended up being caught off guard, Stars turned out to be great. So many things which bothered me or I didn't like in OG were fixed.

• There was somewhat acceptable story this time. Not particularly great but good enough for an idol/music series.
  • Characters. Probably my favorite part about Stars. By the time series ended, I liked/cared about most of characters. Good amount of them had actual growth throughout the both seasons. The size of cast is much smaller but was handled much better. Quality over quantity.
  • In average, I either liked or was fine with songs in Stars while in original they were pretty much "whatever" for me. Also soundtrack, for one or other reason, I also liked it quite a bit.
  • There were noticeably less silly/weird/childish quirks. Some amount of them still remains but it's at somewhat passable level that I could even try to suggest it for watching to random people.

It's unfortunate that second half of Stars wasn't as good as first one (pretty silly subplot, characters got less development, didn't like Elza in general, plus I was quite sad/upset how Ako and Rola were treated) but still a lot better that most of OG S2+ was for me. Basically, for me Stars is an improved version of original series.

And now Friends. Just picked it with some expectations of Stars and watched first few episodes and ouch, so far it's a concentration of what I didn't like about original series. I'll do my best to watch it further in hope I might change my mind in following episodes but most likely I'll drop in no time which would be unfortunate for many reasons. And it might be not the best idea to skip it and proceed with Parade because of its crossover nature. And Planet, according to what I briefly read about it, is likely a hard pass.

Update: Alright, managed to finish first season of Friends. It got gradually a bit better and was watchable, still it had issues for me (like, lack of variety for appeals, good songs, character development and between them aside of main duo, to name a few) so I doubt I'll ever bother to rewatch it. There were a few things I liked about it though, like Ichigo.EXE, dress preparation room (but not changing part which looked cheap to me), less distracting idol aura, and maybe better choreography (can't say for sure because I didn't like songs so it was hard to evaluate). It's probably not that bad as I make it sound if evaluated on its own (it is better that most of original Aikatsu) but I can't help but compare with its predecessor Stars.
VehonaJun 17, 2022 12:15 AM
Jan 13, 2023 3:45 AM

Feb 2020
1. Friends
2. Aikatsu
3. Stars
Mar 9, 2023 4:12 PM
Mar 2023
As a huge fan of Yume and Subaru, I can be a bit biased mainly because for now, its the only series with romance in it I do hope they will end up together. If I were to transmigrate/reincarnate as a side character in Aikatsu stars I would introduce idol couples to the world just so that they could be together! soooo.. my decision is

Stars>Original>Friends 

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aikatsu Friends!: Kagayaki no Jewel Episode 26 Discussion

FallenEntity - Sep 29, 2019

12 by VivaceRex »»
Mar 30, 11:22 AM

Poll: » Aikatsu Friends!: Kagayaki no Jewel Episode 25 Discussion

Nemesis_Ranka - Sep 25, 2019

5 by VivaceRex »»
Mar 30, 10:36 AM

Poll: » Aikatsu Friends!: Kagayaki no Jewel Episode 21 Discussion

Nemesis_Ranka - Aug 25, 2019

7 by VivaceRex »»
Mar 30, 7:37 AM

Poll: » Aikatsu Friends!: Kagayaki no Jewel Episode 19 Discussion

rikunandakedo - Aug 12, 2019

6 by VivaceRex »»
Mar 30, 1:37 AM

Poll: » Aikatsu Friends!: Kagayaki no Jewel Episode 18 Discussion

rikunandakedo - Aug 5, 2019

5 by VivaceRex »»
Mar 29, 11:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.