Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Jul 30, 2023 5:08 PM
Feb 2023
Part 5 was a 7/10 for me overall. Several weak characters and a villain whose primary intrigue was his duplicitous persona, and then... they removed half of that, and kept the persona that was the uninteresting, generic and cliche power-hungry villain. The final string of episodes had its moments but wasn't for me at all.

Abbachio, Fugo and the main character himself, Giorno, were extremely lacklustre and lacked any development as characters whatsoever. This can be fine if a characters static nature is interesting enough or centred around a dynamic narrative, but neither of these options are true. Abbachio's death hit like a wet fart and the final fight felt extremely cheap. Giorno pulls a new ability out of his rectum with the arrow that all of a sudden showed up and despite its brevity in Part 5 already feels done to death by its employment here given how significant it was in Part 4.

This season also did a poor job explaining stands and their various abilities in my opinion, to the point where I resorted to google to understand King Crimson's abilities. It gets more clear as the show goes on, but it's still presented ambiguously in a way I feel the show can't really afford - not that it matters anyway, because Giorno kills him in 2 minutes! Whoopee.

Overall, still a good season, but given the high praise I've heard from my friends about it, I was shocked at how badly it pails in comparison to Part 4, especially when it comes to the strength of its characters.
Sep 7, 2023 12:05 PM

Jan 2023
The lack of an ending is the end. This prehistory did not give anything special, but the fact that Giorno became the head of the mafia is of course interesting. Will we see him again? I'm also glad that Fugo, who left the team, didn't become their enemy.
Sep 7, 2023 1:04 PM
Aug 2023
golden wind requiem
Sep 26, 2023 12:30 AM
Jun 2017
A very interesting ending to a very interesting chapter.

His relation to Dio was never brought up again which I think was a bummer. I thought that being Dio’s son would’ve been more relevant to the plot but it never came back up. Considering how important Dio’s legacy is I feel it was a missed opportunity.

Same with his mom never being mentioned again, one of my main questions I hope was gonna be answered was “why did Dio let his mom live?” thinking she would be some sort of important character, since in Part 3 he sucked dry every women he slept with. Was mentioned one time then never again.

Koichi and Jotaro also never coming up again also was weird, Koichi just went “this guys aight, don’t need to worry about him” and that was that. You would think the son of Dio would warrant more observation, especially after confirming he’s a Stand user.

Outside of that the story was awesome, every Stand user was interesting and the entire main cast was super cool and fun to hang out with. IMO it blew the Part 4 crew out of the water.

After the Boss (Diavolo) became more involved though I felt it dipped a bit, didn’t have much of a backstory beyond 2 personalities and being a psychopath so once he started taking main stage he just became kind of one note. Was hoping for some more elaborate reason as to why he became a mob boss and did what he did to get there beside just “power”. His “death” though was fitting.

The “ending with the beginning” bit was interesting, personally I would’ve liked more epilogue stuff (like maybe Buccarati’s funeral, seeing the results of Giorno’s rise to power, what Trish gets up to after everything, and possibly even what happened to Fugo) but I think it was ok. Giorno in black/green though looks super slick.

Overall I’d give it a 8.5, better than Part 4 but still not as good as Part 3.
Oct 12, 2023 3:19 PM

Aug 2013
This was amazing. I have my qualms with how they defeated Diavolo, and Diavolo as a whole was a pretty underwhelming villain, but holy shit the Rolling Stones epilogue was incredible. While part 4 remains my personal favourite, Golden Wind was the best part until now.
Oct 17, 2023 10:32 AM
Aug 2023
best anime for real

Nov 25, 2023 8:45 AM

Oct 2008
Was a contrarian when I first read the manga a few years back,thinking this is the most underrated and overhated entry and that instantly makes it more interesting.

But nope,its clearly the worst in the franchise,still a worthy watch if you keep expectations in check, but nothing incredible.
Nov 29, 2023 3:36 PM
Sep 2022
Interesting ending, don't know how to feel about it. I love Part 5, but this episode is odd... I think it's still good though, but maybe the weakest finale of parts from an entertianment standpoint. From a writing perspective it works, but I feel like this rock flashback could've been a tad bit shorter. I would've preferred more time to wrap up some loose ends in the main plot like Fugo, but I still loved this part.
Dec 14, 2023 8:40 AM
Dec 2018
Not my kind of anime but i really liked it
Jan 22, 8:10 PM
Jan 2024
orgasmic i fucking LOVED the music
Jan 28, 11:34 AM
Aug 2021
I simply loved it, at first I hated the main group and I missed Stardust Crusaders where I completely fell in love with each of the characters, but then I got so attached to the characters that I almost cried at the end.
At the moment I'm looking forward to the next season of Jojo in which the protagonist will be a woman!
Jan 31, 4:06 AM
Apr 2019
depression galore towards last few episodes for me
Feb 12, 3:03 PM
Apr 2021
It was good, seemed random at moments
Feb 13, 5:14 PM
Apr 2016
Always love the jojo series
Mar 25, 12:50 AM
Apr 2019
Very good part! however a lot of Part 5 was lackluster when it came to characters and villains. The visuals, animations, and osts were amazing
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Ougon no Kaze Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2019

153 by Seraschi »»
Apr 14, 6:22 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Ougon no Kaze Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 5, 2019

146 by Seraschi »»
Apr 14, 5:45 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Ougon no Kaze Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2019

110 by Seraschi »»
Mar 3, 4:52 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Ougon no Kaze Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2018

77 by Leh_baka »»
Jan 20, 10:35 AM

» Group Standings

yungpowerpole - Jan 14

10 by baryaakov555 »»
Jan 20, 8:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.