Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 3, 2019 10:34 PM
May 2014
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Quite simple for the story line but good in overall...from misgiving to understanding...good ending.

Similar to "Hataraku Maou-sama!", the characters adapt the new world and accept the culture.....idol, BL, dagashi shop, retro game, working culture, Gozan no Okuribi...quick way to acquaint with Japan culture.

Both the (adult) Arnelia and Ran are similar to white vs black jeanne d'arc..LOL

p.s. the moment the dog jumps to Kumi's head, I thought it seems familiar to Gochuumon's Chino and Tippy...haha!!!!
Sep 15, 2019 5:13 AM

Apr 2014
i thought the 'sensei' was gonna be the mastermind and the real bad guy, but then the movie just ends
Sep 15, 2019 5:55 PM

Apr 2018
This felt like it wanted oto be a series or atleast to be like twice as long to more flesh out it's characters and ideas. the designs and personalities were nice enough but the plot didn't do them justice. wish this could have been a show that took it's time to develop stuff at a better pace
Sep 17, 2019 8:21 AM
Jul 2018
I loved this actually, it was well animated and had a fun cast. It could have been longer, but overall it was a good watch.

Hope it gets some kind of continuation in the future. The potential is there, and the production was solid, it just needed a longer runtime to fully flesh itself out.
Sep 19, 2019 9:53 AM

Mar 2016
Someone update the duration data of this show already, ffs.
Sep 29, 2019 12:44 AM

May 2018
This was fun, but I really wish this was a series or even just a longer movie.

This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.
Jan 7, 2020 3:37 PM

Jan 2019
I think this should've been a series, it had the potential for it. The movie format didn't worked too well because the characters needed more screentime to fully develop and became either likeable or the opposite.

Was ok, I guess? Average maybe.
Aug 1, 2020 12:38 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
The story itself feels very simple to me. Its about the new life of the reincarnation of the demon queen, Valvaran, and her enemy, which was somehow not her enemy anymore. The background of the story kinda take a less impact. The story itself felt nothing. But in the end, its quite enjoyable to be following up. Its not that great. The story itself had a massive clicheness over everything.

Yeah, its a simple story about them, trying to collect Valvaran shard of power, and came back to their world. However, the ending scenes couldn't reach the real ending point. As it might revealed how Valvaran developed some happiness over her new life as a loli. So, a good end by the meaning as a good Introduction of every characters on this show. Since, yeah, the story, i believed, was not over, yet!

The CGI of the monster might be a little wacky. The composition somehow missed the balanced, and it looked very rough compared with the 2D style on every detail. The addition of the cute shard of their true form somehow missed the subjective of the monster. Idk why they needed to transform into that shitty cutey thing. To be honest, it just had to be a less damage for my satisfaction. The sounds itself felt terrible when you using a headphone without a proper adjustment. I am very pissed with that.

However, by the design of the character, and their personality, i don't have any complain anymore. It suited them all. I kinda liked their characterization so far. Some character might be not so original looks. I don't had any problem with that, they look all fine to me. Atleast they still had some original looking like their landlady-girl. Still, the storyline had a messed up direction by the lack of duration they had. Its can not give a nice justification over everything. I simply called it as an Introduction for several reason. I just really hope they just finished whatever the story they had. But, my point kept simple as this show had.

7/10. I believed its just a good trade of score for this. It maybe feel too generous for me. Because i like their design of the characters, and i love Valvaran, the demon queen, as the loli. Yeah, a 7 must be enough. Lol. But seriously, if you take the show too serious and give no pleasure about it, you never enjoy this little show. This is supposed to be a light hearted show with a fun-ride on every action and interaction they had. So, if you looked something cool and has a heavy story beyond it, you look into a wrong path. So, my advice here: just give it a try and you might had some little enjoyment over this nonsense. Thats it for me.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Oct 8, 2020 10:29 PM

Mar 2020
I'll add this to the list of good anime that have poor ratings for some reason.
Jan 10, 2:58 PM

Feb 2011
There's a companion manga for this, The Isekai Life of Former Demon King Ran. It's not really a continuation, but a cute slice of life manga focusing mainly on Ran. I found it first and it made me curious to watch the movie. It probably takes place after the movie, since Arnelia is friendly with Ran in it. I think the manga's art is much cuter than the movie's, like from this chapter about Hinamatsuri at Ran's school. (Sensei, the woman she lives with, is her teacher and got her into the school.) It only ran for two volumes, which is a shame.

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.