Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 18, 2019 8:09 AM
Oct 2018
Hi guys n gals,

Ok so I know I might get a bit of hate for this post, especially from the hardcore readers and I understand why you'd be a lil pissed. Afterall MAL doesn't acknowledge Webtoons. So sorry in advance.

So, I've just discovered Webtoons! Now I know they have been around for a while now, but tbh, I'm always a lil late to the party. But here's the best bit....Not only did I just discover Webtoons! But I discovered Webtoons with English Dub!.
Yes, I know it's pretty lame getting this excited over what is essentially a digital comic with an audio track, but Hey! Its gotta impress someone, Right?.

I've already started on the following:

- My Dear Cold Blooded King - Ch80 - I'm loving it.
This is an amazing Webtoon both with & without audio.

- Tower of God - Ch4 - Looks good so far. Too early to say.

- SubZero - Ch3 - So far so good. Too early to say.
I like the plot and setting, looks interesting.

- Age Matters - Ch6 - Not my cup of tea, it's a bit bland so far.
But I've not really got past the intro yet.

- Siren's Lament - Ch3 - So far so good. Too early to say.

So here my questions:
- Does anyone know of any good Webtoons? Particularly ones with Dub?
- Is there a different name for digital comics like Webtoons, Manga, Manhwa,
Manhua, Etc... that have audio tracks with voice acting?.
- Is there a list or database of English dubbed Webtoons etc... Or a website
that has info on the dub versions?

I was struggling to get into Manga but I really enjoyed reading these, even without audio. I think I like that they're in colour and that it's read in a vertical storyboard format.

If anyone can help, I would really appreciate it. I normally stick to Anime, so I'm a complete Noob in this area.

Thanks
Jun 19, 2019 10:18 PM

Jul 2013
I didn't know this was a thing :0

I just listened/watched through some of ToG, I was quite impressed by the voice of Rachel in particular.

This said, i'm not too sure i'd watch/listen to them because one of the things that I prefer about webtoons and manga is reading at my own pace.

I could very easily see people liking this though, given how much more cinematic they can make it.

As for your questions, can't answer any. I haven't come across this sort of thing before. Forward this post to the webtoons club, perhaps someone there can answer you.

╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭

Jun 19, 2019 10:34 PM

Feb 2017
fuck even i didnt knew webtoons could be dubbed. i knew that some webtoons have background music playing in them but voice acting? COOL!!!

Jun 20, 2019 12:02 PM
Oct 2018
Ive had a hunt around and found a few Dubbed versions. If anyone's interested, here's a few links & a list of a few other Webtoons that have a Dubs.

* Link to the official "TOWER OF GOD" playlist on "Dr. Bonehead" You Tube channel: Currently up to Ep49

https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2NWyDuRaLPXckACnv-WffbAo4yNTs_gH

* Link to the official "MY DEAR COLD BLOODED KING" playlist on "Ruka Samuels" You Tube channel: Currently up to Ep79

https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_ifXMs-czcfeHZpmjIe_AiMcPHsPNmGS

* Link to the official "SUBZERO" playlist on "Gon Pro Hunter VA" You Tube channel: Currently up to Ep3? (On Break - Returns early July for Ep4)

https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLM4N11p-Fjf_n2-adfz7avyQhkOAY1qbi

*There are a few more with Dubs too like:

Rebirth
Soleil
Asleep Besides You
Lumine
Siren's Lement
unOrdinary
Kubera
Age Matters
I Love Yoo
True Beauty
Mystic Messenger
Home Sweet Home
Watermelon
Hana Haru (Days of Hana?)

I haven't got through all the list, but the ones I've checked out are pretty good.

I highly recommend: Tower of God & My Dear Cold Blooded King and SubZero.

Hope I don't get into trouble for posting links, especially since MAL doesn't acknowledge Webtoons.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

PushingZedzzzzz
PushingZedzzzzzJun 20, 2019 3:06 PM
Jun 20, 2019 12:04 PM
Oct 2018
foscor70 said:
fuck even i didnt knew webtoons could be dubbed. i knew that some webtoons have background music playing in them but voice acting? COOL!!!

I've posted a list and some links. Check them out if your interested. Hope it helps 😀
Jun 20, 2019 12:22 PM
Oct 2018
Fuchsia said:
I didn't know this was a thing :0

I just listened/watched through some of ToG, I was quite impressed by the voice of Rachel in particular.

This said, i'm not too sure i'd watch/listen to them because one of the things that I prefer about webtoons and manga is reading at my own pace.

I could very easily see people liking this though, given how much more cinematic they can make it.

As for your questions, can't answer any. I haven't come across this sort of thing before. Forward this post to the webtoons club, perhaps someone there can answer you.

Hi thanks for you help. I've done a bit of
research & hunting around and compiled a list of what I found in dub versions. Plus I joined the Webtoons club also.
Thanks for forwarding it for me though. Maybe it's still a bit niche atm.
I see your point, on the reading at your own pace, but hopefully some people will like them, like you said. I also read them on Webtoons App too (not many are dubbed up to the original (non-dub) webtoon chapters yet, so I'm reading them as well.

Thanks again,

PushingZedzzzzz

More topics from this board

» Why do you think MAL users don't read manga?

Nyron - Feb 7

28 by ProGoddess »»
2 hours ago

» How do you read your Manwha/Manhua ?

TheDefCrypt - May 8

6 by ProGoddess »»
3 hours ago

» Any manga out that opposite to world end harem?

Darkrazor22 - May 10

1 by Nekoburger »»
Yesterday, 3:58 PM

» Western Studio Adaptation of Berserk (Thoughts?)

FlydayEthan - May 2

4 by Old_School_Akira »»
Yesterday, 3:30 PM

» Why so much ntr in manhwa?

TheRacist11 - Yesterday

0 by TheRacist11 »»
Yesterday, 8:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.