Forum Settings
Forums
Combatants Will Be Dispatched! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 23, 2019 5:00 AM

Jun 2012
THIS IS A NOVEL ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS VOLUME.
----------------------------------------
As expected from the author of Konosuba, that guy is a genius at making these comedy series....

Still, the characters from this novel can't be helped but to be compared to the Konosuba casts. Sure we can say that the worst parts of their personalities are different but all of their eccentricities are of that extreme level. One thing for sure that stands out here is that No. 6 is a bit dense of a protagonist and is OP enough by himself given that he had enough atrocity points though.

I wonder if this time if it will be a complete harem, No. 6 is entertaining the idea already and at this point, there's also Astharoth and Snow that seems to fall with him. Or will this be a 1 to 1 again, perhaps with Alice?

Anyway, looking forward to the next volume, I'd like to see more that'll define this series much clearly. As it is right now, I'm just thinking of it as Konosuba 2.0
Jul 25, 2020 10:07 PM

Feb 2018
What the heck Black Lilith's laboratory, There is a corporation known as “Kisaragi.” A megacorporation that everyone present day on Earth knows of. so Kisaragi is a silly company that employs sexy girls? There were many mysterious items lying around inside. It seems like this laboratory only contains strange tools.

Someone is becoming a demon lord, are you sure about that?

We were inside the city, with the castle looming above us. The general loudly addressed the knights that made camp there to protect the area. As we know Rose and Grim are in trouble and this girl is asking for help from the commander. The metal club that Gadalkand was wielding was easily cut in half while my slashing Bastard Sword didn’t lose any momentum at all. While Gadalkand was quickly trying to say something, his right arm went flying. Heine was shrieking at the sight of seeing her comrades turned into mincemeat from the R-Bastard Sword.

Give me time for the girl who is tsundere, lol.
Zaphkiel_El_Rem said:
As it is right now, I'm just thinking of it as Konosuba 2.0

I agree, basically if you like KonoSuba comedy style, you will like this since Author is the one who write KonoSuba and this Novel. This novel is not meant to take it seriously and MC is a scum (yes, like Kazuma)
Aug 14, 2020 6:12 AM
Sep 2019
Yeah its almost as good as Konosuba but way better than kemonomichi. The characters are similar to konosuba characters (snow is just a diligent aqua) but as the story progresses they really take on their own personality. I really want more on Six's past, a volume of that would be epic.
Apr 30, 2021 2:31 PM
Dec 2019
Goals:
I think 6 should become a better person by the end
The 3 of the party should be given more info about their past, cause they all seem pretty tragic
Kisaragi needs to be explained more, like mechanics wise, history, etc
More world building would be nice, but if it remains character based thats alright
I have no doubt Natsume can accomplish or succeed this
Wataru doesn't care about the genuine thing
Jul 28, 2021 3:21 AM
Sep 2020
You ever just read and think "man, the author had some idea of Six being something like a shocker mook? I think some people don't understand some of the cultural references in Sentouin. I mean, he speaks of groups of 5 (sentai). Then he says things along with "grasshopper genes" and "mutants out of grasshoppers considered taboo" (Kamen Rider). MC is basically Kazuma, but in the shoes of some tokusatsu villain wannabe.

I mean, for the humor side of things, there was referencing on his previous work.
Example being "raise my hand and yell "explosion""
There is also the sarcastic humor, and the ironic twists that come so conveniently.

More topics from this board

» Who is the love interest?

Dragevard - Apr 18, 2021

3 by LemonOrigins »»
May 18, 2021 7:16 AM

Poll: » Sentouin, Hakenshimasu! Volume 3 Discussion

Zaphkiel_El_Rem - May 20, 2020

14 by _sloth »»
Apr 6, 2021 6:55 AM

Poll: » Sentouin, Hakenshimasu! Volume 4 Discussion

Zaphkiel_El_Rem - Dec 11, 2020

0 by Zaphkiel_El_Rem »»
Dec 11, 2020 11:25 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.