Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 5, 2019 6:30 PM

Jun 2016
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
This chapter made me feel sick. It's not the first time we've seen how cruel Mako can be, I remember the first time I felt this repulsion was when he intimidated that girl and lied to her to get her into a long chain of sex work she couldn't get out of. He's said it from the beginning so he's not a hypocrite, he works to deceive women. It's clear he sees this as something that happens anyways and just a job. But to play with a girls feelings, get her to change her whole body to fit an idea of beauty which really just connects to profitability, and then make her become an adult video star and have sex with that creep just to send her off with "good work" is putrid. And Tatsuhiko sees it, he even challenged Mako on it.

This again shows Tatsuhiko's hypocrisy of standing up for what he believes in and being resolute about it and loving women but having too much respect for Mako and complacency in the hierarchy to do anything about it. Mako is admirable and that display of comforting Tatsuhiko when Hideyoshi died felt genuine, he even forgave him for disobeying order. He's also never let his own men down even though he always makes it a game of them requiring to do their best for him too, quite forcefully if I might add. He's also absolutely cruel to those who break the rules, at least those not under him, as we saw when he destroyed the drug dealers place and allowed the torture of them. He's such a mix of qualities Tatsuhiko admires- responsibility, loyalty, confidence, resolve, conviction. But he also represents the epitome of what Tatsuhiko doesn't want to see, which is girls being forced into this business and treated horribly and being abused, something Mako seems to see as just the way the business works.

After everything that happened with Ageha, I bet seeing more girls put into this life with deception fueled part of why he was so uncomfortable here. I think Tatsuhiko is great for the fact that his values are conflicting and what he values isn't always clear to him, but at the least he felt what happened today was wrong. He's on a journey of realizing the consequences of his own actions and I'd wager he wants to do anything he can to start saving people. Like he said to Ageha, he's a scout who doesn't view girls as money but likewise he contributes to a system which scams girls into debt and works them for money, one that sees them absolutely as objects for money and desire. All I can say is I felt equally as uncomfortable as he did this chapter and it was one of those moments I despised Mako.

I guess a big thing is questioning does Mako value Tatsuhiko's pure love of women or does he think he can squeeze it out of him so he learns that this is just how the world is. I wonder when the day will come that Tatsuhiko chooses his value of protecting girls over Mako's authority and how Mako will react... Especially if it's too his face and not just behind his back, like when he let Hideyoshi escape. Lastly, Inukai seemed fully okay with what was going on and he showed some initiative, he needs this after all.
May 7, 2019 12:44 AM

Jun 2016
I reread this chapter today before going to 46 and it has this real tension to it. Page 114 makes me feel so uncomfortable, like I'm there with Tatsuhiko. And Mako's confidence makes it worse. Somehow the nature of the events this chapter being so 'normal' are what makes it affect me so much. Mako set up a girl and once she got into this world, got the debts to pay back, sent her off into it with a 'good work'. I've never been so conflicted on my feelings with a damn character.

gfsdfgsdgsdfgsMar 6, 2020 10:21 PM
Jun 18, 2021 3:45 AM
Nov 2019
mako's the man he knows how to do his job very well at that now that's what you call a scout. everyone should aspire to be like him tbh.

More topics from this board

» No group scanlating it?

millo - Aug 11, 2011

2 by basedpeyt »»
Sep 22, 2022 2:17 PM

Poll: » Shinjuku Swan Chapter 51 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 7, 2016

2 by Keyaru6 »»
Jun 18, 2021 4:51 AM

Poll: » Shinjuku Swan Chapter 42 Discussion

gfsdfgsdgsdfgs - May 3, 2019

1 by Keyaru6 »»
Jun 18, 2021 3:31 AM

Poll: » Shinjuku Swan Chapter 41 Discussion

gfsdfgsdgsdfgs - May 2, 2019

1 by Keyaru6 »»
Jun 18, 2021 3:25 AM

Poll: » Shinjuku Swan Chapter 40 Discussion

gfsdfgsdgsdfgs - May 1, 2019

1 by Keyaru6 »»
Jun 18, 2021 3:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.