Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fruits Basket Collector's Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Nov 16, 2021 3:57 AM

Dec 2007
from some reason the most interesting character here is tohru's mother.

lol, tohru's imagination how kyou and yuki would be in peace xD
Nov 19, 2021 6:02 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Dang. Already? I'm already losing interest? Sigh, I really wanted to like this series so I could watch it all the way to the end of the final season. While there really isn't anything to reasonably complain about, it's just kind of, meh. And yeah maybe I'm dead inside but tohru is just too wholesome, too happy-go-lucky for her own good to the point of it being borderline annoying. She would've been great as a side character, but unfortunately she's our main character; and I don't think she fills the shoes of an MC all that well. She's lacking something man. Sure there's probably going to be some sad or bittersweet moments coming up later, but for now, she's just a flat character with the sole purpose of smiling constantly and being happy.

Far be it from me to drop a show because of a lovable character, but oddly, that's the case here. The side guy characters are compelling, but I can't stand tohru herself with her high pitched voice continuously letting out joyous squeals. I won't drop it yet- I'll give it until episode 6, that should be fair enough, yeah?

NYANPASU
5700XT

May 12, 2022 6:44 PM

Jun 2020
Those cats looks goofy af I coincidentally like the design

What in german was she saying, So both of them are jealous of each other hence why they felt like the feeling is mutual, So does the rain or water make them change back instantly, lol Honda's face is tomato red

Kind of unusual that her nice and cheerful attitude comes in naturally and she's kind, That situation is never gonna happen much more if it's BL.
May 27, 2022 10:29 PM

Apr 2021
Oh my gosh, I almost puked at the plum analogy.
“Why does an apple fall when it is ripe? Is it brought down by the force of gravity? Is it because its stalk withers? Because it is dried by the sun, because it grows too heavy, or because the boy standing under the tree wants to eat it? None of these is the cause.... Every action of theirs, that seems to them an act of their own free will is in the historical sense not free at all but is bound up with the whole course of history and preordained from all eternity.”

― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Jul 21, 2022 10:18 PM
Jun 2022
Alrighty, so similarities between Tohru and I this episode:
- Both of us are very thoughtful, in the context that we both are thoughtful with our actions for others, and we're both deep thinkers that are quite often lost in the thoughts in our heads.
- Both of us are very clutzy.
- Both of us are awkward when accepting compliments.
- Both of us just want to help out the people around us that we love. We want to take the burdens off them, and we want to be let in so we can love and support the people through whatever they're going through, and are so appreciative and grateful when we are trusted and let in.

Anyway, it was so sad hearing Yuki's backstory, especially because he is so kind, and even though he struggles to realise it, he is loved (something that I can relate to). So I'm so happy he let Tohru in, so he now has someone in his corner. And I feel like something similar will happen with Kyo. He'll let his bad by guard down and become softer and kinder, and more humble.
Jul 27, 2022 9:31 PM

Dec 2012
The plum analogy gets me every time. I just love how Tooru sees the world - there's such a quirky beauty to it. I've also come to adore the quotes from Kyoko, as they often lend an optimistic wisdom to life. It makes me want to be someone who believes more often.
Nov 4, 2022 12:22 AM
Jul 2020
Its pretty ok so far, will give this more episodes and decide if i would continue or not
Jan 23, 2023 5:27 PM
Aug 2020
now I see the reversed gender stereotype, male tsundere lmao
Apr 9, 2023 4:56 PM
Mar 2023
fighting back tears!! >.<
Jun 19, 2023 2:16 AM
Aug 2014
I really do like Yuki and Kyou as characters but honestly Tohru was quite annoying in this episode. Like thank you for telling them what are they good at but it was just too fluffy duffy much. You can call me a B word but to me it just felt unnatural
Jun 29, 2023 7:00 PM
Jun 2023
Wholesome moments ;p
Jul 15, 2023 8:58 AM

Apr 2021
I like the two of em. Especially the character contrasts. Both want to be like each other.
Jul 25, 2023 2:12 PM
Dec 2021
The plum analogy is so freaking good!
Aug 12, 2023 6:09 AM

Mar 2022
I quite liked Tohru’s plum on the back analogy, it essentially means that people beat themselves up but they don’t see the good qualities they have which is what Yuki and Kyo are doing in the episode. They hate each other because they both feel inadequate, Kyo doesn’t know how to interact with people because he spends most of his time alone but people are attracted to him because of how he acts normally, Yuki on the other hand while he is a nice person, he doesn’t feel like he’s a sociable person so he shuts himself away from the rest of his classmates. I liked the way the window of the classroom door represented Yuki being separated from his peers, I thought that was pretty neat there.
Also we’ve got a new character arrive in this episode, one who may or not be speaking good or bad German to a very flustered Tohru who accidentally fell down the stairs of her workplace. Apparently Momiji is his name. And from what I’ve read so far about him, he seems an important character in this show so I’ll keep my eyes wide open for the next time he shows up.
I really do like Yuki and Kyo so far as characters they are definitely character contrasts with each other and their dynamic really complement each other and also more flashbacks to Tohru’s mum in this. Otherwise very wholesome stuff there.
Dec 1, 2023 7:29 PM

Nov 2023
Kyo and those cats realy cute
Feb 9, 3:54 PM

Aug 2022
Another great episode, my heart is full! 🥰 The way Tohru adapts to her new life with the Somas is just so heart-warming. Her unwavering positivity and how it affects Yuki and Kyo is the highlight for me—seeing them slowly open up because of her influence is just beautiful. 🌸 The episode perfectly balances humour with touching moments, making it impossible not to love every minute. The glimpses into the complexities of the Soma family dynamics have me hooked, craving more. Every episode deepens the mystery and the bonds, and I’m here for it. 💖
Feb 17, 10:35 AM
Dec 2021
AMAZING MY COMFORT SHOW FR
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fruits Basket (2019) Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 3, 2019

219 by kiteall »»
May 9, 10:01 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket (2019) Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2019

192 by LuxuriousHeart »»
May 8, 8:54 AM

Poll: » Fruits Basket (2019) Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2019

140 by LuxuriousHeart »»
May 8, 7:33 AM

Poll: » Fruits Basket (2019) Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2019

152 by LuxuriousHeart »»
May 8, 6:46 AM

Poll: » Fruits Basket (2019) Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 9, 2019

131 by LuxuriousHeart »»
May 8, 6:23 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.