Forum Settings
Forums

No-drop policies: do you find enjoyment in "bad" anime?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 26, 2019 11:29 PM
Oct 2018
if an anime is bad I'll still watch it even if i don't enjoy it. idk im a perfectionist and seeing shows on my dropped list triggers me
Mar 26, 2019 11:32 PM

Jul 2017
How do you find enjoyment?

You don't. Simple as that.

That's why I don't pick up any new titles for seasonals until after a couple weeks in. I don't want to have to grind through another shitshow like Mahou Shoujo Site.

And as for non-seasonals... I don't know you just grind through it. I guess I find enjoyment in shit talking the show.

GFL NA: 151141 | FGO NA: 622,135,030
FGO JP: 028,976,814 | Magia Record JP: rzMsBapp

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Mar 27, 2019 12:18 AM
Jul 2018
Greyleaf said:
Harshit0987 said:
You have dropped shinsekai yori and death note and gived them 5 how can we take you seriously

Did you perhaps miss the notes I wrote next to each of those entries on my list? I have legitimate reasons for my disdain toward those titles, but I don't rag on the people who did enjoy them. Taste is subjective, though I'm not quite sure how that factors in to what I'm asking in this thread whatsoever. There's a reason I put "bad" in quotations marks. I'm not implying that any one anime in particular is bad (even those I dropped), as that's for the viewer alone to determine.

First let me say your profile is just the tits, but shinsekai yori is worth the grind. I didn't love it myself, but it does evoke emotions I normally do not fool with. Also as far as your note, it's a control thing. Grace and form over just unleashing. Like balancing an egg vs flinging one at the home of someone who dropped that anime... I would never.

I don't have a no drop policy, but I never drop anything. I put a lot of thought into picking what I watch, so I don't really set myself up for failure. I am super picky. Even so, I have still been burned by bad shows. It's not that I refuse to drop them, more like I always hope that the issue is with me and eventually the show would grow into something good. Mentioning it for the second time tonight on this website... School Days. I wish I had never, (but people think they are so fucking funny when they con you into watching bad stuff), even if I didn't enjoy it all, I now have access to the eternal meme that is that shit show, and there is some enjoyment in that I guess. However, I got nothing from my watching experience. I should have dropped it, but deep down I hoped it would redeem itself. Somehow.

As far as not finishing a show omitting you from being allowed an honest critique, that is bogus. If someone drops a show because they were repelled away, it doesn't matter if the most epic scene was just 5 episodes away, or if the final episode brought it back around. The show was constructed so poorly it didn't drag the viewer to the golden moments, and that speaks volumes about it. Like if someone manufactured chocolate covered cherries using the worlds best cherries but the worlds shittiest chocolate, you cant discredit someones opinion because they threw up before getting to the cherry, right?

Mar 27, 2019 12:47 AM

Nov 2018
It depends a lot on how far you're into the series before you realize that it's just garbage. It's also the matter of thinking an anime will get better, there's several times I've been going through episode on episode thinking the show is gonna get better and it just never happened.
Mar 27, 2019 1:04 AM

Apr 2013
I just don't like leaving things unfinished and most of the time it's "just" another 6 episodes or something until I finished it either. Also it might get better in those last episode, who knows?
Mar 27, 2019 2:46 PM

Jan 2018
Grizzziff said:
Greyleaf said:

Did you perhaps miss the notes I wrote next to each of those entries on my list? I have legitimate reasons for my disdain toward those titles, but I don't rag on the people who did enjoy them. Taste is subjective, though I'm not quite sure how that factors in to what I'm asking in this thread whatsoever. There's a reason I put "bad" in quotations marks. I'm not implying that any one anime in particular is bad (even those I dropped), as that's for the viewer alone to determine.

First let me say your profile is just the tits, but shinsekai yori is worth the grind. I didn't love it myself, but it does evoke emotions I normally do not fool with. Also as far as your note, it's a control thing. Grace and form over just unleashing. Like balancing an egg vs flinging one at the home of someone who dropped that anime... I would never.

I don't have a no drop policy, but I never drop anything. I put a lot of thought into picking what I watch, so I don't really set myself up for failure. I am super picky. Even so, I have still been burned by bad shows. It's not that I refuse to drop them, more like I always hope that the issue is with me and eventually the show would grow into something good. Mentioning it for the second time tonight on this website... School Days. I wish I had never, (but people think they are so fucking funny when they con you into watching bad stuff), even if I didn't enjoy it all, I now have access to the eternal meme that is that shit show, and there is some enjoyment in that I guess. However, I got nothing from my watching experience. I should have dropped it, but deep down I hoped it would redeem itself. Somehow.

As far as not finishing a show omitting you from being allowed an honest critique, that is bogus. If someone drops a show because they were repelled away, it doesn't matter if the most epic scene was just 5 episodes away, or if the final episode brought it back around. The show was constructed so poorly it didn't drag the viewer to the golden moments, and that speaks volumes about it. Like if someone manufactured chocolate covered cherries using the worlds best cherries but the worlds shittiest chocolate, you cant discredit someones opinion because they threw up before getting to the cherry, right?

See all I've been looking for all along was an explanation to that one major issue I had with Shinsekai yori, but now that you say it, it seems so obvious. I'm confused as to why no one could've answered it earlier (I even asked it specifically on the Shinsekai yori forum and no one could give me anything >_>). Another thing that really bothered me was the seemingly massive dip in production quality around episode 5, but if you say it's worth the grind, I'll probably pick it back up eventually. Tbh with the show's reputation, I've been looking for a reason to continue on, lol. Also, thanks for calling my profile the tits xD

Btw I really like your chocolate-covered cherry analogy. That's probably the most reasonable statement of this entire thread. A lot of people talk about "waiting to see if it gets good," but the show obviously didn't do something right if you think it's bad or boring early on. That's subjective of course, as some will thoroughly enjoy what others deem to be bad or boring, but it's definitely a logical argument for not continuing on with a show.

"I am not sure that I exist, actually. I am all the writers that I have read, all the
people that I have met, all the women that I have loved; all the cities I have visited.
"
― Jorge Luis Borges
[url=]Goodreads[/url] | [url=]Letterboxd[/url]

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Which is your favourite Anime in this list?

PushedCaraway - 3 hours ago

16 by MichaelJackson »»
6 minutes ago

» Do you drop shows? ( 1 2 )

EverRealm - Apr 23

84 by Hikinekomori »»
8 minutes ago

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 3 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 23

113 by lycan_ »»
11 minutes ago

» Does anyone ever feel like anime is inferior to western television. ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

15poundfish - Feb 12, 2017

351 by Toooooooooohru »»
12 minutes ago

» Did you know that anime is amazing?

KryzakamiHrybami - Apr 23

25 by Toooooooooohru »»
15 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.