Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
That Time I got Reincarnated as a Slime
Available on Manga Store
New
Mar 24, 2019 10:17 PM

Dec 2017
as many Manga readers know the last arc of Tense shitara Slime Datta Ken was adapted directly from the novel while the rest was nearly 1-1 with the manga,
im sorry but the title lied.. this aint a question its a set of questions...
was season 1 based more off the manga or novel?
if manga was the novel better or worse?
if novel then till which arc/volume do you suppose this will adapt?
A Wise Man Once Said: #(%!*@)+$&
Mar 25, 2019 5:28 AM
Dec 2018
Hyperactivy said:

was season 1 based more off the manga or novel?
if manga was the novel better or worse?
if novel then till which arc/volume do you suppose this will adapt?

Season 1 was based on both manga and novel, but more on manga. However, there was not a huge difference between manga and novel, so I do not see the difference.

I like the novel more than the manga because it has more details, but the manga would be better because it has a better visual. The art style in the manga was extremely good.

The anime skipped a lot of materials in the series. The anime was up to the newest manga chapter, so the season 2 must take materials from the light novel. It will adapt part of the volume 4 and all of volume 5 from the light novel. Depends on how many episode it has, it might also adapt volume 6.
Mar 25, 2019 6:38 AM

Dec 2017
Season 1's ending arc was extremely different then from the manga, was the novel version same as the manga one?
A Wise Man Once Said: #(%!*@)+$&
Mar 25, 2019 9:31 AM
Dec 2018
Hyperactivy said:
Season 1's ending arc was extremely different then from the manga, was the novel version same as the manga one?

Let me put it like this. The anime was extremely different from the manga and the novel. The manga was exactly the same as the novel(except the manga left out some of the details in the novel). Overall, they are talking about the same story. The anime made some changes, so they can run through the material and end at the Teacher arc. That is why it felt so different from the manga.
Mar 25, 2019 2:48 PM
Sep 2016
I read both the manga and the LN and WN, what I can say that the anime didn't adapt all the materials in the manga (which has 95% the same content as the light novel), they have skipped some events when Rimuru headed toward the human city, but it isn't that big difference, so it won't probaly influence the flow of story, and the anime is currently in the same arc of the manga, so you can imagine the studio using the light novel as reference for the second season. And probably they will adapt at least 3 volumes if it will be a full 24 episode (the first one adapted 3 volumes and a part of the 4th)
Mar 28, 2019 3:04 AM
⚧ | 愛と平和

Oct 2010
I would say that the last arc adapted most of volume 4 (about 65% or so), but it isn't like they adapted the first two-thirds and stopped. They just cut a lot of detail to get to the end of vol. 4 (minus the last chapter or two) and so they covered all the way up to the very end. Myself, I think it's better they left out the last couple chapters of vol. 4. Reading the LN, I was really distressed to get to the end of vol 4 and not able to start reading vol. 5. I ended up reading chapter 67 of the web novel just to know the outcome of the cliffhanger, but otherwise I'm waiting for LN vol. 5.

It sounds like you're trying to decide whether reading the LN would be worthwhile for you even after the manga and anime. The LN fills in all the details that are glossed over, left out, or changed in the anime (and manga). I suppose the WN would be the original source for all of them, but unlike some LN's that are virtually the same but add a bonus chapter or something, Fuse-sensei has said a few times in the afterword of the LN that quite a bit was changed from the WN for the LN, even going so far as to remove minor characters and so forth. The main thing to take away from that I suppose is that you can't really switch back and forth between LN and WN and expect everything to line up neatly. In the small portion of the WN I read,I already encountered a character that didn't exist in the LN. So if you want to read the novel form, I would pick either the LN or WN and stick with it. If you prefer to read ahead, the WN. If you'd rather read the polished version translated and edited by people paid to do that, then the LN.

As for whether you could pick up the LN at volume 5 when it comes out, or whether you should read the previous 4 volumes first, I would say that you'd be ok picking up with volume 5, especially if you've read the manga. There's some details and a few events you will be missing by doing that, but not a lot, and pretty much none of it has a huge impact on the story. Most of it is from vol. 4, so you could compromise by starting with vol. 4 if you'd prefer to get most all of it. Very little from vols 1-3 are different or not covered in the anime.
✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣
“The right to think is the beginning of freedom, and speech must be protected
from the government because speech is the beginning of thought.”
  — Ashcroft v.Free Speech Coalition,
✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2021

255 by Gogeta_Blue69 »»
Apr 21, 1:50 PM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2021

190 by Shocked »»
Apr 20, 10:19 PM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2021

239 by Shocked »»
Apr 20, 9:44 PM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2021

347 by louiboui08 »»
Apr 20, 5:01 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2021

322 by Magicmist »»
Apr 7, 10:48 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.