Forum Settings
Forums

How Do You Consider Yourself A Lucky/ Unlucky Person?

New
Feb 17, 2019 7:09 PM

Oct 2018
๐‘ซ๐’Š๐’”๐’„๐’๐’‚๐’Š๐’Ž๐’†๐’“: ๐‘ป๐’‰๐’Š๐’” ๐’Š๐’”๐’'๐’• ๐’‚ ''๐‘ฐ ๐’…๐’๐’'๐’• ๐’ƒ๐’†๐’๐’Š๐’†๐’—๐’† ๐’Š๐’ ๐’”๐’–๐’‘๐’†๐’“๐’”๐’•๐’Š๐’•๐’Š๐’๐’๐’”'' ๐’•๐’‰๐’“๐’†๐’‚๐’….
(Extra Poll Added)
Discuss your answer below. The following paragraph is just my personal experience and thoughts:

I believe that being able to be here in these forums makes me feel pretty lucky on the daily eehee. I found a four leaf clover when I was 5 and rolled it onto my hands a countles amount of times until it desintegrated thinking it had fused with me and somehow I've always thought that it made me a very lucky person from then on eehee. I'd like to know how you guys feel lucky or unlucky if that's the case. OuO
L0LlFeb 17, 2019 7:14 PM

ใ‚ตใƒ‡ใ‚ฃใ‚นใƒ†ใ‚ฃใƒƒใ‚ฏใช่€ƒใˆ
"JUST KILL ME."
ใ‚ตใƒ‡ใ‚ฃใ‚นใƒ†ใ‚ฃใƒƒใ‚ฏใƒžใ‚คใƒณใƒ‰
Feb 17, 2019 7:10 PM

Oct 2015
It depends on the stage in my life. Some parts were pretty damn horrible while others were great.

I think my luck depends on the year really.
"Even if there isn't a God or meaning behind life. That doesn't mean you can't create your own meaning and make the best out of life."
Feb 17, 2019 7:22 PM

Oct 2017
I think I'm a jinx. I feel like the perfect example of Murphey's law.
I am bad luck xP
I feel like things just always seem to go wrong
This is my forum set and I’m very proud of it.
Feb 17, 2019 7:30 PM

Mar 2016
I think I am generally an unlucky person, but I have my lucky days.
WORK IN PROGRESS
~The frog leapt forth to my lilypad memory.~
I was indoctrinated by an inamorata rabbit,
Adenomata affronted.
It was the verecund, dismissed creatures
That I jubilated in most.
This rabbit I would nurture,
At the aiguille of esse,
The anneal of noblesse.
โค๏ธ Birdie โค๏ธ

Feb 17, 2019 7:49 PM

Oct 2012
I wouldn't say I am lucky but through my unlucky moments I get to realise the positive side so I guess my unluckiness becomes my sort of charm.
"Who knows."
Feb 17, 2019 10:23 PM

Jun 2015
im pretty unlucky in general, if you count all of the milestones in my life that seem good aren't actually as good as it seems
Feb 17, 2019 10:46 PM

Feb 2017
This is tougher than i thought. i really cant decide.

Feb 17, 2019 11:25 PM

Feb 2018
i think most things happen for a reason; even if i feel like i'm an unlucky person, i bet i've
been through a lot of situations i didn't even notice the luck behind to even count them.
โ—ใ€€ใ€€โ—ใ€€ใ€€โ˜…ใ€€ใ€€
Feb 17, 2019 11:30 PM

Jul 2017
lucky i think
i've not encountered many problems these years and i'm surrounded by genuinely helpful and trustworthy friends
every once in a while i experienced something positively memorable or interesting and i constantly got complimented by others
i've never caught a severely bad health issue since i got into college and my family is doing really well
i never got banned on mal for necroing threads btw
Feb 18, 2019 1:28 AM

Sep 2012
Mr Murphy really hates me so I am really unlucky when it comes to probability.
Feb 18, 2019 3:30 AM
Dragon Idol

May 2017
Very unlucky as coincidences tend to stack up against me to the point that at face value, they don't appear to be coincidences at all.
But considering I'm the descendent of somebody who embodies luck, and also the descendent of someone who at times appears to be making it rain whenever setting one foot outdoors, I'd say I'm doing pretty well.

It's still unfortunate but I know it could get/be worse.
Feb 18, 2019 3:56 AM

Nov 2015
Unlucky because worthless and being used by a lot just terrible experiences all around.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the [urlhttps://theglorioblog.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/swordart10ass.jpg=]Site & Forum Guidelines[/url].
Feb 18, 2019 4:24 AM

Oct 2018
Lulu_Cat said:
I think I'm a jinx. I feel like the perfect example of Murphey's law.
I am bad luck xP
I feel like things just always seem to go wrong
I misread your name as Lucky Cat when I was getting sleepy dust off my eyes eehee. Sometimes we don't realize the good things thag have happened to as oppose to someone else's to be honest, such as keeping all of your limbs intact, not having any major deseases that require long term and expensive medical treatment, having your credit card cloned, going fully blind, deaf and or not being able to be here at all to enjoy chatting with kind people in this community. (Etc) Gomenasai for sounding like your elder trying to lecture ya hehe! Ps: Happy late New Year and Malentine. OuO
L0LlFeb 18, 2019 4:31 AM

"JUST KILL ME."
Feb 18, 2019 4:30 AM

Mar 2008
I've had some pretty bad things happen even when I was doing the right actions. So much goes wrong for me. Any time I get lucky it just turns for worse again later. I can't deal with it anymore.
Feb 18, 2019 6:56 AM
Jul 2018
I can be both actually

Depends on the situation
Feb 18, 2019 7:11 AM

Oct 2018
luck is a myth and we're all going to die.
Feb 18, 2019 7:13 AM

Oct 2018
wwdbtWP9 said:
Something tells me your're posting from mobile because the disclaimer can't be seen then. x3

"JUST KILL ME."
Feb 18, 2019 7:17 AM

Oct 2018
L_o_l_i said:
wwdbtWP9 said:
Something tells me your're posting from mobile because the disclaimer can't be seen then. x3

ye i am. Bout to get on my laptop though.

I guess If i take the thread seriously here would be my answer;

No, i'm not lucky at all. Everything that could possibly go wrong in my life seems to go wrong. But, at the same time, good things also happen. For example; despite all the negatives I do have a girlfriend that I care for, and that helps me push through all this bs of day to day life. But yeah, I'm unlucky af my dude.
Feb 18, 2019 7:25 AM

Mar 2012
The god of bad luck smiles down upon me. Things never go my way.
Feb 18, 2019 7:37 AM

Oct 2018
Maou_heika said:
The sig ya got going on seems to have gone your way as well as your entire set and a lot of friendship requests that ya made. I'd envy that very much so because I can never keep a single set for more than a month myself eehee. x3

"JUST KILL ME."
Feb 18, 2019 7:39 AM

Jul 2016
Lucky because I always get almost everything I want.
Feb 18, 2019 7:53 AM

Mar 2014
wwdbtWP9 said:
death is a myth, we're all gonna reincarnate forever and i'm lucky coz i reincarnated as a human boeing now ¬โ€ฟ¬
Feb 18, 2019 7:53 AM

Oct 2018
Nym_ said:
wwdbtWP9 said:
death is a myth, we're all gonna reincarnate forever and i'm lucky coz i reincarnated as a human boeing now ¬โ€ฟ¬

Ima reincarnate as a gold fish next >:D
Feb 18, 2019 8:00 AM

Mar 2014
wwdbtWP9 said:
Nym_ said:

Ima reincarnate as a gold fish next >:D
okey, sure, and i'll be Tom next~ >;)
Feb 18, 2019 9:08 AM

May 2017
I'm a lucky person cuz I was born in the age of technology.
also unluck cuz we don't have the cure for everything.

"ใจใ„ใ†ใ‚ใ‘ใงใ€‚ๅพ…ๆœ›ใฎใ€ไฝ“ ๆ“ ๆœ๏ผ ใงใฃใ‚๏ฝžใ‚‹ใ€‚็ฅญใ‚Šใงใ‚ใ‚Œใฐใ€ไฝ™ใ‚‚็€้ฃพใฃใฆใฏใ„ใ‚‰ใ‚Œใฌใจ็”จๆ„ใ—ใŸใŒ……ใ†ใ‚€๏ผ ๅฟƒ่บซใจใ‚‚ใซ่ปฝใใชใฃใŸใ‚ˆใ†ใ ใ€‚ใฉใ†ใ ๏ผŸ ไผผๅˆใฃใฆใ„ใ‚‹ใงใ‚ใ‚ใ†ใ€ใƒžใ‚นใ‚ฟใƒผ๏ผŸ" - Random Quote From Internet by Saber Nero

Feb 18, 2019 9:14 AM

Oct 2018
zBluee said:
I'm a lucky person cuz I was born in the age of technology.
also unluck cuz we don't have the cure for everything.
Technology has made us lazier though at the same time it makes it easy for me to edit out the tear marks on my drawings and being able to talk to my friends on here. Back in the void centuries you'd die from deseases that can easily be treated nowadays if detected in time.
Ps: Oh and no major wars that could possibly involve me and get me killed. OwO

"JUST KILL ME."
Feb 18, 2019 9:18 AM

Jan 2018
I am among the unluckiest person out the, i usually never end up sleeping very well. I also even get abused by my parents and even miss some important opportunities i need to do. I also ended up skipping too much watching football stuff, but now i have decided to watch it after all these years of skipping it.

Also, i ended up ignoring a lot of answer stuff and even reading the article too fast without knowing what i was doing. I brought an internet around 2010, but i got a computer around 2005. There, i was easily ignorant person out there. Even ignoring the event happening to me that is important. Even ignoring the forum i needed to do until 2018 when i started doing various things on forum. :(

I am the unluckiest guy out there and the worst person and i could go to hell oncei passes when if i contiune to misbehave.

(sorry for my poor English)
Feb 18, 2019 9:23 AM

Sep 2018
Generally if there’s a situation that I could get a lucky positive outcome, I won’t get it.
But I suppose I am lucky enough to have some things, like good friends, supportive parents, and some hobbies I love.
Feb 18, 2019 9:51 AM

Mar 2012
L_o_l_i said:
Maou_heika said:
The sig ya got going on seems to have gone your way as well as your entire set and a lot of friendship requests that ya made. I'd envy that very much so because I can never keep a single set for more than a month myself eehee. x3
I've never sent even a single friend request on MAL but I used to accept friend requests from random people and to some extent I still do it now. The only reason I haven't changed my sig is because I'm too lazy to make a new one lol.
Feb 18, 2019 9:57 AM

Jul 2015
L_o_l_i said:
[center]๐‘ซ๐’Š๐’”๐’„๐’๐’‚๐’Š๐’Ž๐’†๐’“: ๐‘ป๐’‰๐’Š๐’” ๐’Š๐’”๐’'๐’• ๐’‚ ''๐‘ฐ ๐’…๐’๐’'๐’• ๐’ƒ๐’†๐’๐’Š๐’†๐’—๐’† ๐’Š๐’ ๐’”๐’–๐’‘๐’†๐’“๐’”๐’•๐’Š๐’•๐’Š๐’๐’๐’”'' ๐’•๐’‰๐’“๐’†๐’‚๐’….
(Extra Poll Added)
Luck is just something that randomly happens to people, so it doesn't need to be a superstitious concept, since it's entirely explainable by mere statistics. It's only superstitious if you actually believe luck to be an inherent quality of a person, like some people can somehow be expected to be more lucky in the future than others on the basis that they've been lucky before.

It's called the inverse gamblers fallacy.
"my life at this state could be transposed into a pretty massive biography"

- Cneq, "the guy who was literally using BTC in 2012 to make deals in the first main instance of a digital itemized economy forming naturally in all human history (also the precursor of NFTs) and who had 20k+ total trades.", 23 years old

MAL's most prolific antivaxxer, Noboru.
Feb 18, 2019 9:57 AM

Oct 2018
Maou_heika said:
I haven't changed my sig is because I'm too lazy to make a new one lol.
Fair point yet some of them do cheer ya up from time to time I'd like to believe. OxO

"JUST KILL ME."
Feb 18, 2019 10:00 AM

Oct 2018
Railey2 said:
Was the simplest way I could explain it without having to use a whole paragraph. You lucky or nah?

L0LlFeb 18, 2019 10:05 AM

"JUST KILL ME."
Feb 18, 2019 10:12 AM

Jul 2015
L_o_l_i said:
Railey2 said:
Was the simplest way I could explain it without having to use a whole paragraph. You lucky or nah?

I'm not sure what you mean, but if you want me to explain the inverse gamblers fallacy..

It's like this.

Say you flip a coin that has a 50% chance to come up heads. You flip it 3 times and it comes up heads 3 times. Now you think that the 4th time, it's definitely gonna come up heads too, because that's the way it's been before, but this is a fallacy: The chance is still 50%, so you really can't predict which way it's going to come up.

It works the same with luck. If you get lucky a lot, that's like getting 3 times heads in a row. Doesn't mean that you'll get lucky again or that the coin will come up heads again, it was just coincidence. Luck is coincidence. Coming up heads isn't a quality of the coin, it's happenstance. Luck isn't the quality of a person, it's happenstance.

So you can't really be lucky, it's more like you have luck happen to you.

Does that make sense to you? Was that even what you were asking? (lol)

- Cneq, "the guy who was literally using BTC in 2012 to make deals in the first main instance of a digital itemized economy forming naturally in all human history (also the precursor of NFTs) and who had 20k+ total trades.", 23 years old

Feb 18, 2019 10:17 AM

Oct 2018
Railey2 said:

I Understand what it is yet you're overthinking it all hence It was a simple yes or no question though I'll say it in your terms now. Have there been more good events happening to you than bad ones?

L0LlFeb 18, 2019 10:24 AM

"JUST KILL ME."
Feb 18, 2019 10:23 AM

Jul 2015
L_o_l_i said:
Railey2 said:

I Understand what it is yet you're overthinking it all hence It was a simple yes or no question hence I'll say it in your terms now. Have there been more good events happened to you than bad ones?

good, I guess.

Do you not find this interesting though? Like there's a shitload of people that legitimately think of luck as an inherent quality of a person.

Feb 18, 2019 10:26 AM

Oct 2018
Railey2 said:
Do you not find this interesting though? Like there's a shitload of people that legitimately think of luck as an inherent quality of a person.
Not according to the poll's highest vote. x3

"JUST KILL ME."
Feb 18, 2019 10:29 AM

Dec 2018
I don't believe in 'ordained luck.'

I believe that we create our own 'luck' by the choices we make, when we make them, and for what purpose.

More topics from this board

Poll: » is marriage compulsory? ( 1 2 )

FruitPunchBaka - May 10

70 by Cneq »»
41 minutes ago

» Are you a wizard? ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Mar 9

53 by Cneq »»
51 minutes ago

» Favorite places in Japan(to thos who have been to Japan) and where would you like to visit in the future when you go again?

KiraraFan - May 7

30 by Cneq »»
1 hour ago

» I bought a pack of Cigarettes.

scarydragon - Mar 29

14 by DesuMaiden »»
1 hour ago

» Favorite MAL thread maker?

barababas - May 4

39 by DesuMaiden »»
2 hours ago
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.