Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 13, 2019 9:56 AM

Nov 2015
I just finished this show and oh man....The sound,the view,the feelings,the atmosphere,the message,emotions,soul searching...this movie has it all. I came here to see the how other people are feeling about it and such...

Let's set the record str8...this show is on par with Kimi no na Wa and maybe depends on the person,even better. The thought that this show can get a negative review really shows how some people are rotten to the core and have a really sad life(inside).

There is that feeling that i get that people are comparing this anime to Your Lie in April, and that because of that it can give a weird feeling watching it...SO WHAT!!! They have similar message and the same kind of female character but damn man, one has nothing to do with the other,thet clearly established the characters as their own and not some ripoff of other show.

I cried while reading Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso, and i cried 4 times while watching Pancreas. Appreciate both and stop with the hate
You cannot spell Light without L
Feb 16, 2019 11:17 AM
Jun 2016
Bronos23 said:
I just finished this show and oh man....The sound,the view,the feelings,the atmosphere,the message,emotions,soul searching...this movie has it all. I came here to see the how other people are feeling about it and such...

Let's set the record str8...this show is on par with Kimi no na Wa and maybe depends on the person,even better. The thought that this show can get a negative review really shows how some people are rotten to the core and have a really sad life(inside).

There is that feeling that i get that people are comparing this anime to Your Lie in April, and that because of that it can give a weird feeling watching it...SO WHAT!!! They have similar message and the same kind of female character but damn man, one has nothing to do with the other,thet clearly established the characters as their own and not some ripoff of other show.

I cried while reading Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso, and i cried 4 times while watching Pancreas. Appreciate both and stop with the hate

This is the 51st highest rated anime judging by the ratings.

May I ask:
- who is hating?
- who is comparing this to Your Lie in April?
- what is the purpose of this thread? I do not understand what conversation your are trying to start. Is this a statement to stop comparing it to your lie in April? Or about a new system where we should decide which anime is better by the times you cried watching it?
- why are people 'rotten' if they didn't enjoy it? Why do they have 'sad' lives if they didn't enjoy a certain storyline which you did?
- you mentioned "one had nothing to do with the other'' and "they have similar message" for comparisons with your lie in April but say "this show is on par with Kimi no Nawa". Why is it that you are OK with comparing it with Kimi no Nawa but not Your Lie in April?
dualcorebrainFeb 16, 2019 11:27 AM
Feb 16, 2019 6:13 PM

May 2013
Then fuken go and post a positive review and show how happy and wonderful your life is (inside).

What is even the point of this discussion thread? It is so far, unclear. Understand that people have different tastes. Those tastes are presented in the reviews. You have different tastes, so showcase that in your review.
Truly a Divine Comedy
Feb 19, 2019 4:19 PM

Dec 2016
KreatorX said:
Then fuken go and post a positive review and show how happy and wonderful your life is (inside).

What is even the point of this discussion thread? It is so far, unclear. Understand that people have different tastes. Those tastes are presented in the reviews. You have different tastes, so showcase that in your review.

⬆⬆⬆ This ⬆⬆⬆
Signature removed. Please have a positive iq.
Mar 18, 2019 11:23 PM
Sep 2015
KreatorX said:

Well if you have a different taste than OP then you're "rotten to the core and have a really sad life"
Mar 19, 2019 2:25 AM

May 2013
NovaMagic said:
KreatorX said:

Well if you have a different taste than OP then you're "rotten to the core and have a really sad life"

I must say you have very good deduction skills.
Truly a Divine Comedy
Jul 21, 2019 11:24 AM

Oct 2015
I thought the movie was boring and with no message to deliver, i mean i didnt even care for the characters... 7/10 tho, just cuz animation was good but killing the girl just for the drama & feelings, aint working with me chief, but thats my opinion.
iTzKenzoJul 21, 2019 11:32 AM
Jul 21, 2019 11:28 AM

Dec 2013
I kind of wish they would make this kind of movie about men too. Every single time I've seen a movie or series about someone with a terminal illness, it's always a cute girl. Not just animes like this one and Your Lie In April but also live-action dramas like One Liter of Tears. I guess AnoHana kinda counts too although it's not exactly an illness.

Give guys some love too!
Jul 26, 2019 4:03 PM

Dec 2017
I was like you, I'd be so fucking upset someone could give a negative rating to a show that I'd deem exceptionnal and almost flawless, I would be angry because that'd make no sense.

Maybe that make sense and you just can't understand it, maybe it doesn't make sense. We're all differents, we all like differents things, we all give a different meaning to life and reality.
Just focus on your own perspective, you're gonna get lost and upset if you try to understand the point of view of people that spent a lifetime to build theirs. And is it that important after all ?.. If you enjoyed the anime, the characters, their story, then there's nothing else to do :') You're happy, and nothing else matters.
Oct 25, 2019 3:27 AM
Apr 2019
Damn this has to be one of the dumbest things I've heard lately
"The thought that this show can get a negative review really shows how some people are rotten to the core and have a really sad life(inside)" just how did you come up with this stuff
Feb 20, 2020 11:06 PM
Feb 2020
NthDegree said:
I kind of wish they would make this kind of movie about men too. Every single time I've seen a movie or series about someone with a terminal illness, it's always a cute girl. Not just animes like this one and Your Lie In April but also live-action dramas like One Liter of Tears. I guess AnoHana kinda counts too although it's not exactly an illness.

Give guys some love too!

Im a guy and im just gonna say this if anyone even if like the best director that won oscar or something were directing a show about a man is dying, nope man im still not gonna watch it.
I dunno how to explain but i think most people would also say they wont want to watch it XD .
Feb 20, 2020 11:10 PM

Jul 2016
Spookzter said:
Damn this has to be one of the dumbest things I've heard lately
"The thought that this show can get a negative review really shows how some people are rotten to the core and have a really sad life(inside)" just how did you come up with this stuff

Ikr,some people have no commons sense, this movie is terrible and I can list a million reasons for why, but we'd be here all day XP
Feb 21, 2020 12:04 AM

Dec 2013
LordNuxan0R said:
NthDegree said:

Give guys some love too!

Im a guy and im just gonna say this if anyone even if like the best director that won oscar or something were directing a show about a man is dying, nope man im still not gonna watch it.
I dunno how to explain but i think most people would also say they wont want to watch it XD .

If there was more diversity in the charter that was dying, perhaps it could prevent me from rolling my eyes every time I hear this setup. The dying character being always the same gives me the impression that rather than telling the story earnestly, they're just coldly filling a checklist in order to maximize tears via emotional manipulation. At that point I'm having some serious difficulty taking the character and their inevitable death seriously at all.

That's the kind of thing that kills a "heartfelt" story for me.
Feb 21, 2020 12:12 AM
Feb 2020
NthDegree said:
LordNuxan0R said:

If there was more diversity in the charter that was dying, perhaps it could prevent me from rolling my eyes every time I hear this setup. The dying character being always the same gives me the impression that rather than telling the story earnestly, they're just coldly filling a checklist in order to maximize tears via emotional manipulation. At that point I'm having some serious difficulty taking the character and their inevitable death seriously at all.

Ya it could feel too generic at times to me as well but i just think how the character's are feeling and thinking and cry. I dont cry because i know she's gonna die i cry because how she feels about her death. But i dunno man, dunno what to say haha. I mean these shows are like these , main FC dies in like 1 year or something. If u can relate to her in the duration of the movie u cry , if not than this not your show. Crying for a man feels weird man.

TBH there is never true gender equality , although it's a bit off topic but people just see different gender differently. A man dying with illness is just less tear teasing than woman dying through illness. I mean i think man are just more suited to die gloriously with regrets in those shounen anime or something. Maybe just me , EH.
Feb 21, 2020 7:47 AM

Dec 2013
LordNuxan0R said:
NthDegree said:

Ya it could feel too generic at times to me as well but i just think how the character's are feeling and thinking and cry. I dont cry because i know she's gonna die i cry because how she feels about her death. But i dunno man, dunno what to say haha. I mean these shows are like these , main FC dies in like 1 year or something. If u can relate to her in the duration of the movie u cry , if not than this not your show. Crying for a man feels weird man.

TBH there is never true gender equality , although it's a bit off topic but people just see different gender differently. A man dying with illness is just less tear teasing than woman dying through illness. I mean i think man are just more suited to die gloriously with regrets in those shounen anime or something. Maybe just me , EH.

If you think about it logically, someone dying should be just as sad regardless of what their gender is. And I don't think you mean to say a man dying is not sad either... with your own words crying about it just feels "weird" even though it is sad. Personally I think that "weird" part is just our culture. If crying about it was normal or to be expected that "weird" feeling would probably disappear too. Fortunately culture can be changed by just producing more media, so we should just make lots of works about how sad a man dying is lol.

So I guess it all boils down to what I said in my first post: we need more anime about terminally ill guys.
Feb 21, 2020 1:20 PM
Feb 2020
NthDegree said:
LordNuxan0R said:

If you think about it logically, someone dying should be just as sad regardless of what their gender is. And I don't think you mean to say a man dying is not sad either... with your own words crying about it just feels "weird" even though it is sad. Personally I think that "weird" part is just our culture. If crying about it was normal or to be expected that "weird" feeling would probably disappear too. Fortunately culture can be changed by just producing more media, so we should just make lots of works about how sad a man dying is lol.

So I guess it all boils down to what I said in my first post: we need more anime about terminally ill guys.

Ya but tbh we all know that the world secretly controlled by dark forces controlling the media.And from any business stand point girls are easier to get more tears nowadays so why are u doing man dying. What i say about man shud die honorly i think would also have to do with how everything we get in touch nowadays, the thoughts come from what u see and hear. Like disney movies are just mostly male dies in battlefields or something (tbh if u let a girl warrior die randomly in battlefield probably gets u hate) i really didnt get in touch with anything outside of anime anymore so i dont know what im talking. But i think every little thing the media and maybe parents , friends are just really influential. And if u control the media is kind of controlling all of them. I mean u can make men dying with same context as women dying but i think its gonna be less popular and ur company probably would go bankrupt because of the little viewership u get.

Most people be like this show about some dude dying , eh i pass.

I thought of something unrelated but maybe u can try implement the story of like a wrestler, football star or something more male ish dying of maybe the injuries few years back that cause him bla bla bla , is kind of different than woman dying (weakly , not really but u know what i mean) in shows. Probably some shows have that but not those shows probably not that hot. The emotional control if is done well, it could also be a huge hit.

And tbh man sometimes perform weakly to death (like saying they are scared of death or something is really not well preceived even from both sides not to mention to squeeze tears.) I really feel it is harder to make happen than woman. Maybe adding dreams or something the MC longed but couldnt acheived but the MFC helped him acheived before death.

TBH is just not like pancreas where the FC have dreams or something and just die and says she doesnt want to die and i can feel deep to her
Apr 19, 2020 8:03 PM
Captain

Jun 2014
Sure, if you read the reviews there are a lot with bad scores but looking to the 8.60 score that this movie has right now on MAL you can realize that lots of people liked (included me) but, as always, people who dislike something make a lot of noise of that so you could get the idea of a 'general hate' about this movie.

Also this movie is ranked 16 on the Top Anime Movies right now; to have a 8.6 with 105k users...probably 80-90k scored 9-10 on this anime film.
Oct 20, 2020 10:21 AM

Sep 2014
How can you cry 4 times in total when the movie only had one sad scene and it's at the very end?
Feb 2, 2022 12:00 PM

Aug 2017
Male MC in Your Name was 10x better, he wasn't a pansy and antisocial prick.

This movie stinks, good thing I can watch things like this in fast forward.
Mar 30, 2022 3:24 AM

Jan 2021
TrumpMD said:
Male MC in Your Name was 10x better, he wasn't a pansy and antisocial prick.

This movie stinks, good thing I can watch things like this in fast forward.

Okey... May I ask;
Why do you think its stinks? What makes it stinks that?
Roxy

More topics from this board

» *SPOILER* did anyone cry in this movie? ( 1 2 )

ichigo23sterling - Apr 11, 2021

92 by KamijouToumaIB »»
Apr 21, 4:19 PM

» The only movie I refuse to rewatch.

dmdm597 - Jul 21, 2022

48 by v-ega »»
Apr 17, 11:58 AM

Poll: » Kimi no Suizou wo Tabetai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kisaragi - Sep 1, 2018

367 by EmreKaraoz67 »»
Apr 6, 8:13 PM

» Please explain me the ending (Spoilers)

Anime_lover_2004 - May 8, 2020

16 by Atsunome »»
Jan 11, 5:26 AM

» Anime like this

spasoklab - Sep 10, 2023

29 by that_kool_kid »»
Nov 11, 2023 11:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.