Forum Settings
Forums

Let Me Eat Your Pancreas: As good as its predecessors?

New
Jan 5, 2019 9:57 AM

Mar 2018
https://myanimelist.net/anime/36098/Kimi_no_Suizou_wo_Tabetai
So if you have not watched Kimi no Suizou wo Tabetai, then get off MAL and go do that. If you have I wanted to see how it compares to other movies such as Your Name and a Silent Voice. Is it as good , worse or better?

Also how would you compare it to Your Lie in April, the plot being similar?

LOOKING FOR ARTISTS PLEASE MESSAGE ME IF YOU'RE ONE
Review please!

Jan 5, 2019 10:03 AM

Mar 2018
Oh, it is already out? I don't see it anywhere (?)

P.S Ok, i found it. I'll see it later i guess :)
Jan 5, 2019 10:04 AM
Jul 2018
I'm going to read the manga instead. Do you know why? Because there are more chances I will not cry by reading the manga, than watching the anime, which I am sure I will cry. Fu*k these kind of anime, Man. Why someone has to die, and make everything else sad.
Jan 5, 2019 10:07 AM

Apr 2016
Killuah90 said:

The RAW's were out since December 12th subs came pretty fast too, you can search for it on Nyaa.

P1X3LD3M0N said:
So if you have not watched Kimi no Suizou wo Tabetai, then get off MAL and go do that. If you have I wanted to see how it compares to other movies such as Your Name and a Silent Voice. Is it as good , worse or better?

It seems to be as bad as Shigatsu, and Shigatsu wasn't even that good to begin with, a lot of focus on some melodramatic high school drama where you know the outcome won't be as pretty as you want it to be within the first quarter if not earlier. In the case of the movie it gave pretty much all away in its synopsis.

It's entertaining to some extent, but it's also the most similar title to Shigatsu I've seen.
The dearer you hold a memory the more painful it becomes.

Jan 5, 2019 10:09 AM

Apr 2016
Frroku said:
I'm going to read the manga instead. Do you know why? Because there are more chances I will not cry by reading the manga, than watching the anime, which I am sure I will cry. Fu*k these kind of anime, Man. Why someone has to die, and make everything else sad.

Because melodramatic stuff focused on teens was and will probably always be a big hit. Take Shigatsu as an example. All the melodrama hides all the plot holes and poor writing skills, because in the end the only thing that people remember about it is what happened to Kaoru at the end.

Jan 5, 2019 10:09 AM
Jul 2018
worse, its boring as hell and not even worth of comparing to your name and silent voice
Jan 5, 2019 10:10 AM

May 2016
I thought it was a good movie. It definitely has a lot of parallels to YLIA, and is a bit cliche. But I really enjoyed the movie, there's parts that'll take you on a feels trip for sure. It's been a while since I saw Your Name or A Silent Voice, but I think KimiSui isn't at that level. Regardless it's still a great movie to watch if you're into dramas with a hint of romance and comedy.

Jan 5, 2019 10:12 AM

Mar 2018
VladimirNabokov said:
Killuah90 said:

The RAW's were out since December 12th subs came pretty fast too, you can search for it on Nyaa.

P1X3LD3M0N said:

It seems to be as bad as Shigatsu, and Shigatsu wasn't even that good to begin with, a lot of focus on some melodramatic high school drama where you know the outcome won't be as pretty as you want it to be within the first quarter if not earlier. In the case of the movie it gave pretty much all away in its synopsis.

It's entertaining to some extent, but it's also the most similar title to Shigatsu I've seen.

Well good thing it was a movie and not 24 episodes eh?
LOOKING FOR ARTISTS PLEASE MESSAGE ME IF YOU'RE ONE
Review please!

Jan 5, 2019 11:28 AM

Feb 2018
I’ve read the novel, and I thought it was pretty good. Not much better than average, but not worse either. Maybe I would have enjoyed it more if I watched it, because I tend to enjoy watching more than reading. Among the ones you mentioned, I probably enjoyed koe no katachi the best because of the interesting concept. Adding on to that, i think Sugaru Miaki’s novels are probably the best in terms of random boy meets girl who changes his life falls in love with, even if it’s a bit cheesy.

If you're reading this,

You must be really bored.
Jan 5, 2019 11:35 AM
Jul 2018
it's very good in my honest opinion.
Jan 5, 2019 11:42 AM

Feb 2013
i'll tell ya what, you've never seen pancreas eating like this before
it totally trumps all of its predecessors in the highly competitive pancreas eating genre
Jan 5, 2019 11:52 AM
Jan 2018
Haven't seen Shigatsu, but Pancreas is bland and annoying.
"The girl died, so it's worthy of a 8.72." Is what I think people are thinking.
Jan 5, 2019 12:02 PM

Feb 2010
you had to compare it to shigatsu, didn't you? Now I'm gonna go into it expecting it to be the worst subhuman garbage and I prefer not being biased like that. But it's hard when you compare it to my most hated anime ever :/.
I probably regret this post by now.
Jan 5, 2019 12:13 PM
Jul 2018
So Shigatsu but it's a movie so better pacing but no music to keep me a little engaged?

Well, in my opinion, Shigatsu was 4/10 below average. I hope this is better. If it can be on the same level as Koe no Katachi which I gave a 6.5, I'll be very happy.
Jan 5, 2019 2:49 PM

Apr 2016
Pullman said:
you had to compare it to shigatsu, didn't you? Now I'm gonna go into it expecting it to be the worst subhuman garbage and I prefer not being biased like that. But it's hard when you compare it to my most hated anime ever :/.

Gomen :<
-----------------------

Jan 5, 2019 8:57 PM

Dec 2015
It was good, nothing more nothing less. It felt quite rushed how the girl died in such an anticlimactic way. Your lie in April is better in every category except the animation.

It's not even close to Koe no Katachi's greatness. As for your name, I'd say both are equal.
Jan 5, 2019 9:06 PM

Feb 2015
I plan to watch it later but it would be hard to overtake or even be on par with Koe no Katachi...

I think Your Name is far overrated...
Jan 6, 2019 5:26 AM

Jun 2017
I haven't watched it yet but i think it will be better than kimi no na wa. That movie is overrated asf
Jan 6, 2019 5:32 AM

Oct 2015
They're the same on the twist but their twists differ in meaning. I personally think Kimi no Suziou wo Tabetai had the better message when compared to Shigatsu's. I personally liked Shigatsu more though because of its premise. I really wouldn't compare them to Your Name and Koe no Katachi. Kimi no Na wa leaned more towards a more fulfilling story than the other big hitters you've mentioned so you couldn't actually base your opinion on this movie particularly if you compare it to those shows. I think a lot of of people are misinformed about Kimi wo Suizou wo Tabetai to be honest, expecting romance when it trying to convey friendship.

Pullman said:
It's nothing like Shigatsu, rest assured.
EGOISTJan 6, 2019 5:37 AM

More topics from this board

» Why male characters tend to have more interesting personalities than female characters?

Alpha_1_Zero - Today

13 by Alpha_1_Zero »»
2 minutes ago

» Is it weird to be attracted to anime characters under the age of 18? ( 1 2 )

bluefin2004 - Yesterday

54 by L1feHasNoMeaning »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » What's with all the hate from the MAL community towards Anitubers? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

58 by Alpha_1_Zero »»
5 minutes ago

» Do you drop shows? ( 1 2 )

EverRealm - Apr 23

87 by Punkero »»
6 minutes ago

Sticky: » AWC 2024 Anime Watching Challenge - Sign-Up (Open Until December 10th) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AWC_mod - Jan 1

984 by subahokke »»
20 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.